How to run The Sims 4+The Ultimate Fix on a Mac?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How to run The Sims 4+The Ultimate Fix on a Mac?

Post by axtriix on Sat 21 Nov 2015, 23:29

Hey everyone!
So, I have installed the Sims 4 on my computer (I reckon it's a Macbook Pro) and actually played the game using a program called "Wine" (which lets me open the files that I normally wouldn't be able to run on a Mac). The problem is,  every time I try to install the Ultimate Fix the game will not open. Does anyone know how to solve this? 

Thanks in advance!

-Astrid  Tea 3

axtriix
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How to run The Sims 4+The Ultimate Fix on a Mac?

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 22 Nov 2015, 06:00

@axtriix wrote:Hey everyone!
So, I have installed the Sims 4 on my computer (I reckon it's a Macbook Pro) and actually played the game using a program called "Wine" (which lets me open the files that I normally wouldn't be able to run on a Mac). The problem is,  every time I try to install the Ultimate Fix the game will not open. Does anyone know how to solve this? 

Thanks in advance!

-Astrid  Tea 3

//MOVED

Welcome to the forum,

Unfortunately we are unable to provide 'official' support on Sims 4 + "WINE". See my announcement here:
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t20524p40-a-guide-on-how-to-install-the-sims-4-addons-dlc-on-mac-using-wine#144410

If you navigate to the beginning of the thread, you can find a guide with a few tips on how to get it working. If it doesn't, I'm afraid you'll need to take it as it is, and maybe consult other sources for more help.

Keep in mind that the all downloads provided by Games4theworld are meant for Windows OS in the first place, unless otherwise stated (as in the "Mac guide" for Sims 3, for instance). The Sims 4 for Mac OS technically hasn't been cracked yet, and who knows if it ever will. All these guides about using "WINE" are - at best - a possible workaround, but nothing more. For the time being, you would be better off installing a proper Windows partition on your Mac computer (Bootcamp), but that's up to you.

Good luck ayways !  alien

G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by axtriix on Thu 26 Nov 2015, 17:57

Hello! Thank you so much for the help, I'm definitely going to test it soon!  Carlos is tha man!!!
-Astrid

axtriix
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum