Get to Work deletes itself after applying Ultimate Fix. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Get to Work deletes itself after applying Ultimate Fix. [SOLVED]

Post by Shioban on Tue 24 Nov 2015, 01:13

I downloaded GTW which worked fine until I installed the Ultimate Fix. GTW and all it's perks were gone. Does GTW need to be a folder in itself in the Sim 4 files?

The thing is the Ultimate Fix let's you play with CC which the Base and GTW does not do alone. I don't want to be without CC Sad but I also want GTW
avatar
Shioban
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Posts : 5
Points : 1010
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-01-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Get to Work deletes itself after applying Ultimate Fix. [SOLVED]

Post by Sim Architect on Tue 24 Nov 2015, 13:09

Hi! Please, take a look at the topic below, and let's know if it solves your problem. Keep us posted!

http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t21473-concerning-granite-falls-get-to-work-and-the-ultimate-fix?highlight=granite#

Tea 5 Tea 5

_________________
Kind regards!

The Sim Architect

It was nice being here. I will be away for a while...

avatar
Sim Architect
Entertainer
I'll make you smile
Entertainer I'll make you smile

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male Posts : 1851
Points : 4319
Reputation : 162
Join date : 2012-03-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Get to Work deletes itself after applying Ultimate Fix. [SOLVED]

Post by Shioban on Wed 25 Nov 2015, 00:25

Sim Architect wrote:Hi! Please, take a look at the topic below, and let's know if it solves your problem. Keep us posted!

http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t21473-concerning-granite-falls-get-to-work-and-the-ultimate-fix?highlight=granite#

Tea 5 Tea 5
I dont understand what am I supposed to do? Do I reinstall GTW? What do I do with the Ultimate Fix? I already have it installed.
avatar
Shioban
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Posts : 5
Points : 1010
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-01-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Get to Work deletes itself after applying Ultimate Fix. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 08 Dec 2015, 14:34

Shioban wrote:I dont understand what am I supposed to do? Do I reinstall GTW? What do I do with the Ultimate Fix? I already have it installed.


Welcome to the forum and sorry for the late reply,


Did you manage to get the issue fixed in the meantime already ? If not, did you notice any other DLC "missing" in-game, besides the Get to Work-stuff ? And did you make sure to have Origin closed before playing the game ?

You need to install the base game at first, after which you copy + paste the "Get to Work"-stuff over it, replacing all existing files/folders. Then repeat the same with the latest available Ultimate fix.

You should then also move the install folder "The Sims 4", out of the default location in C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\, and into a different one.

_________________
Respectfully,

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper



avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14441
Points : 19166
Reputation : 2037
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Get to Work deletes itself after applying Ultimate Fix. [SOLVED]

Post by Shioban on Wed 09 Dec 2015, 03:33

Carlos wrote:
Shioban wrote:I dont understand what am I supposed to do? Do I reinstall GTW? What do I do with the Ultimate Fix? I already have it installed.


Welcome to the forum and sorry for the late reply,


Did you manage to get the issue fixed in the meantime already ? If not, did you notice any other DLC "missing" in-game, besides the Get to Work-stuff ? And did you make sure to have Origin closed before playing the game ?

You need to install the base game at first, after which you copy + paste the "Get to Work"-stuff over it, replacing all existing files/folders. Then repeat the same with the latest available Ultimate fix.

You should then also move the install folder "The Sims 4", out of the default location in C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\, and into a different one.

It worked. Thanks
avatar
Shioban
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Posts : 5
Points : 1010
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-01-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Get to Work deletes itself after applying Ultimate Fix. [SOLVED]

Post by Sim Architect on Sun 13 Dec 2015, 23:59

Great! Problem solved, topic closed. Happy simming!

Tea 1 Tea 1

_________________
Kind regards!

The Sim Architect

It was nice being here. I will be away for a while...

avatar
Sim Architect
Entertainer
I'll make you smile
Entertainer I'll make you smile

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male Posts : 1851
Points : 4319
Reputation : 162
Join date : 2012-03-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum