Why does current patch 1.67 crash sometimes?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Why does current patch 1.67 crash sometimes?

Post by Misshandra on Tue 24 Nov 2015, 17:03

Now i wonder why is the current 1.67 patch I just installed this morning (which was working well for a moment) crash the game sometimes. Especially when i'm on my build mode, and so the game unable to be saved. Any solution?

Misshandra
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why does current patch 1.67 crash sometimes?

Post by Sim Architect on Wed 25 Nov 2015, 00:03

//SPLIT

Please, next time, instead of posting a question on the fix topic, open a new one (like this one I made for you) instead. Thanks.

About your issue, please take a look at my video below, I usually install base game, "full patch", all expansions I want (at least one newer than Generations), all little patches for the expansions I got (yes, there are a few manual little manual updates that should be installed, just in case), "full patch" again, ultimate fix, play.

Also, I use the Complete Collection, since a few old expansion torrents had some defective/corrupted files (specially some of my favorites like late night, showtime and world adventures), and the complete collection just seems real good and as perfect as it can be, yay!!

Please, keep us posted on your advances, and check your custom content, of course. Also, use "Save As" instead of "Save" every time you can.

Tea 5 Tea 5

The Sims 3 Complete Collection: https://youtu.be/oTx-Swi2YV0

The Sim Architect

It was nice being here. I will be away for a while...

Sim Architect
Entertainer
I'll make you smile
Entertainer I'll make you smile

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male Posts : 1851

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 25 Nov 2015, 02:31

Hello,

Make sure that you download all available Windows updates too...

Now have another  look at this other topic here and re-do all steps: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-7-01-2014

If your Windows is a 64-bit version AND if your computer has 4 GB of RAM or more, then focus on step #3 in particular. Download the "4 GB patch" from here.

After downloading, double-click on that 4 GB patch and in the next prompt, choose the TS3W.exe in your base game location. Usually, that's C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. Wait for the message "executable successfully patched" and close the 4 GB patch.

Note that this method will not work if your Windows is a 32-bit version and/or if your computer has fewer  than 4 GB of RAM. After doing that, go on with the rest of the steps. These instructions should be pretty self-explanatory.

Now go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and delete all contents inside the Currentgame.sims3 folder. Also, in My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3, delete the following stuff:

-CASPartCache.package
-compositorCache.package
-scriptCache.package
-simCompositorCache.package
-socialCache.package
-plus the contents of the folders "WorldCaches" & "Thumbnails"

Re-start the game then and see if anything improved. You may even turn off your anti-virus program completely before playing The Sims 3. Also, have you also heard about the tool "GameBooster", which can help you improve your system's performance ?   See this here:

http://dl.razerzone.com/master-guides/RazerGameBooster/GameBoosterOMG-ENG.pdf

Good luck !

//EDIT

See also this post here regarding V-Sync.
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t21691-the-sims-3-freezes-my-pc#146243

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14066

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Misshandra on Fri 27 Nov 2015, 04:19

Hello! I've followed the instructions from the previous topic http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-7-01-2014 and restart the game as well as turning my anti virus off before play! 
Been playing for around 4 hours so far without any crashes! Thanks a lot!!

Misshandra
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect on Fri 27 Nov 2015, 06:24

Awesome! Let's know if you need anything else Smile

The Sim Architect

It was nice being here. I will be away for a while...

Sim Architect
Entertainer
I'll make you smile
Entertainer I'll make you smile

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male Posts : 1851

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Misshandra on Fri 08 Jan 2016, 16:59

Hello, I actually want to create a new post, but since i don't know how so i just ask for help here.
So the current sims 3 (ultimate fix patch) i've been playing very well for around 2 months, again, crashes. The launcher suddenly stopped working, neither can I run the program as administrator. I have no idea why. Any advice and suggestion?

Misshandra
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 08 Jan 2016, 17:14

@Misshandra wrote:Hello, I actually want to create a new post, but since i don't know how so i just ask for help here.
So the current sims 3 (ultimate fix patch) i've been playing very well for around 2 months, again, crashes. The launcher suddenly stopped working, neither can I run the program as administrator. I have no idea why. Any advice and suggestion?

Do you have the base game of The Sims 3 on Origin, and if so, has it updated itself recently to the latest 1.69 patch level ?
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14066

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum