Sims 4 is finally coming on 64 Bit version, yay?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 is finally coming on 64 Bit version, yay?

Post by Sim Architect on Wed 25 Nov 2015, 05:22

What do you all think of it???

Tea 5 Tea 5

The Sim Architect

It was nice being here. I will be away for a while...

Sim Architect
Entertainer
I'll make you smile
Entertainer I'll make you smile

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male Posts : 1853

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 4 is finally coming on 64 Bit version, yay?

Post by kitty10136 on Wed 25 Nov 2015, 14:39

MEH!

Quartermaster Rookie
Gallery Super-Seeker
Quartermaster Rookie Gallery Super-Seeker

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 4
Female Posts : 357

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anarchy on Wed 25 Nov 2015, 21:04

@kitty10136 wrote:MEH!

This.

The Sims 4 already runs perfectly on pretty much any potato, considering it's just an upgraded mobile game. What I need is a 64bit version of The Sims 3...

Anarchy
Posting Lord
Posting Lord

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Need For Speed series

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect on Thu 26 Nov 2015, 02:03

@Anarchy wrote:
@kitty10136 wrote:MEH!

This.

The Sims 4 already runs perfectly on pretty much any potato, considering it's just an upgraded mobile game. What I need is a 64bit version of The Sims 3...

I wish some other developer came with something hybrid between Minecraft and Sims... Something designed for adult gamers, but not so hard on the user like Second Life, which means you basically have to draw everything as if you were using a CAD software (which may be cool, but I remember it was too tiring in the past, so I gave up, even though it was cool and worked really nice, I even went to a karaoke place back in the days, it must be easier now, probably).

Maybe I did not have enough time back in the days I tried Second Life, what do you all think? Is any Sim game redundant if we think you can have all those features from Second Life for free, including audio (and I believe 3D glasses must be compatible somehow), and you can even "work" on a virtual economy if you want to?

The Sim Architect

Sim Architect
Entertainer
I'll make you smile

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anarchy on Thu 26 Nov 2015, 21:37

@Sim Architect wrote:I wish some other developer came with something hybrid between Minecraft and Sims... Something designed for adult gamers, but not so hard on the user like Second Life, which means you basically have to draw everything as if you were using a CAD software (which may be cool, but I remember it was too tiring in the past, so I gave up, even though it was cool and worked really nice, I even went to a karaoke place back in the days, it must be easier now, probably).

Maybe I did not have enough time back in the days I tried Second Life, what do you all think? Is any Sim game redundant if we think you can have all those features from Second Life for free, including audio (and I believe 3D glasses must be compatible somehow), and you can even "work" on a virtual economy if you want to?

Is it even a game? Seems like it's just a 3D interactive gallery where everyone can show off their custom made models and animations. Give me a hybrid between The Sims and Grand Theft Auto any day.

Last edited by Anarchy on Mon 30 Nov 2015, 12:32; edited 2 times in total

Anarchy
Posting Lord
Posting Lord

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Topken on Thu 26 Nov 2015, 21:38

What is going on? First I have heard of anything. I don't pay all that much attention to the gritty dirty details of things. Just when there is something like a new pack coming out. I have not gotten into the whole Custom Content way of the Sims yet either. I am pretty sure I will at some point as I normally go looking for mods after I have messed around with the vanilla game for a while. I tend to mess around with vanilla for a while ot know whether or not the game will be a long term game for me or if I will loose interest shortly after playing it. Take Diablo 2 for example. I can not play the game without using the Median XL Ultimative mod now. I have just started playing The Sims main games this year so I am still toiling around with vanilla game and figuring out what I can and can not do. As I said in another thread The Freeplay Sims was my first foray into The Sims and building/buy mode with the holiday items they put in was great for me to bad The main Sims games are missing a lot of those holiday items Those items are what really got me hooked aka things like the whole gothic collection and the Wizard based items were just great to bad the main line games are missing them. I just don't have the vanilla content i have been looking for compared to the freeplay Sims. I should probably put most of these thoughts into another more less restrictive thread. I might just go find a spot to create such a thread on the forums.

Topken
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 30 Nov 2015, 06:50

Yes, they should have done the 64-bit executable for TS3 back then, but for some reason they didn't. Maybe they "assumed" that the average person has a weak/old computer, and hence wouldn't really be able to make use of that. 
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, GTA IV, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Antibirth & Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 13689

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anarchy on Mon 30 Nov 2015, 12:32

Carlos wrote:Yes, they should have done the 64-bit executable for TS3 back then, but for some reason they didn't. Maybe they "assumed" that the average person has a weak/old computer, and hence wouldn't really be able to make use of that. 

I had a great computer back then and I still couldn't run it well...

Anarchy
Posting Lord
Posting Lord

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect on Mon 30 Nov 2015, 15:29

@Anarchy wrote:
Carlos wrote:Yes, they should have done the 64-bit executable for TS3 back then, but for some reason they didn't. Maybe they "assumed" that the average person has a weak/old computer, and hence wouldn't really be able to make use of that. 

I had a great computer back then and I still couldn't run it well...
Well... Wouldn't that be the point of having a 64 bit version (to be able to run well)?

I believe that The Sims 3 would be probably much smoother on 64 bit, and it's funny, since 64 bit is standard on "gaming computers" for how long now? Even cheap 99 dollar tablets are coming with 64 bit processors (I admit some will come with 32 bit operating systems and drivers, but you can always replace them if you want), but we don't see the old 32 bit tech being discontinued for some reason.

Isn't it just a matter of compiling your software with the 64 bit run-time libraries instead of 32 bit ones when you develop and deploy it? Or is there any kind of additional cost to offer, at least, a "beta 64 bit" version to users that want to play it "at their own risk"? Maybe they found out they can do that now, hopefully.

Not that The Sims 4 is "heavy enough" for it, but it's still good to know they are making it available anyway Smile

Cookie from Carlos Cookie from Carlos Cookie from Carlos
Tea 4 Tea 4 Tea 4

The Sim Architect

Sim Architect
Entertainer
I'll make you smile

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyenpeydee on Sun 06 Dec 2015, 01:38

I'm excited for the new patch and The Get Together. I can't wait to play with them. But I have really one question,

Since The Sims 4 is now a 64 bit game, You can change it to 64 bit or 32 bit on Origin. So, How will we get the 64 bit since we don't play Sims 4 with origin on? And the gallery problem that we need to use the old origin and the old sims 4. I hope that we can solve this problem. I'm very much happy that we have 64 bit version because it's a lot much faster.

Or maybe it has a 64 bit files and will just add it on the folder like how we used to do it? 

I hope the gallery problem will be fixed by skidrow. 
Keyenpeydee
Posting Lord
Posting Lord

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 4, The Sims 3, The Sims 4, The Sims 3, The Sims 4, The Sims 3, The Sims 4, The Sims 3,
Male Posts : 231

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 07 Dec 2015, 12:33

@Keyenpeydee wrote:I'm excited for the new patch and The Get Together. I can't wait to play with them. But I have really one question,

Since The Sims 4 is now a 64 bit game, You can change it to 64 bit or 32 bit on Origin. So, How will we get the 64 bit since we don't play Sims 4 with origin on? And the gallery problem that we need to use the old origin and the old sims 4. I hope that we can solve this problem. I'm very much happy that we have 64 bit version because it's a lot much faster.

Or maybe it has a 64 bit files and will just add it on the folder like how we used to do it? 

I hope the gallery problem will be fixed by skidrow. 

It's probably going to be a 64-bit .exe file, for the game. And people will need to select the appropriate option beforehand; if you want to use the 32-bit .exe, then make a shortcut from that file. And if you want to use the 64-bit executable, then accordingly you need to shortcut the other one.

About the gallery, you should get used to the notion that it's not available anymore in pirated TS4 games, as harsh as it sounds. It's really about how Origin configure the servers on their end, and there's not much the scene groups can do about things like that (remember: proper online/multiplayer features in pirated games are at best limited, if non-existing).

You will either need to use the method with using an old Origin version, or purchase a legit TS4 base game on Origin. If you do the latter, I suggest you wait for one of these sales, so that you can get the base game at a reduced price. But no guarantees whatsoever, that this will also work in the future. I myself tested it again though a few days ago, and it still worked.
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, GTA IV, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Antibirth & Afterbirth†

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sims10guay on Mon 07 Dec 2015, 20:52

Carlos wrote:
 (remember: proper online/multiplayer features in pirated games are at best limited, if non-existing).
There is a forum (I would put the link but I'm new, but you can search "The REVOLT Forum" and find it) where there are cracks to play online on Steam.
sims10guay
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims (obviously), LoL, TF2, Rocket League, Splatoon, Simcity, GTA, Speedrunners, Minecraft, Mario Kart 8, Assasin's Creed, Prison Architect, Elite: Dangerous, any sandbox game
Male Posts : 12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 08 Dec 2015, 01:54

@sims10guay wrote:There is a forum (I would put the link but I'm new, but you can search "The REVOLT Forum" and find it) where there are cracks to play online on Steam.

Welcome to the forum first of all,

I forgot to mention before "without additional effort". Smile  Yes, you can play a few games, with special cracks and on special cracked servers, but that will take a little bit of 'preparation' and additional work on your end.

That said, if I really like a game so much that I want to use the multiplayer features, then I will consider buying it, rather than dealing with cracked servers and the like.

But let's not get too off-topic on this.
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum