Sim3Launcher has stopped working.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sim3Launcher has stopped working.

Post by odetodun on Sun 06 Dec 2015, 23:44

Hello! I currently have ts3 downloaded through Origin and I downloaded a few expansion packs to use! I updated the game manually and turned off automatic updates, and installed the fix but for some reason when  I go to play my game I get a window that says the launcher has stopped working? What should I do? I did this on my old computer and a friend's computer and have never ran into this issue before!

UPDATE: 
 So after messing around with some stuff, the Launcher is working again! YAY! BUT, when I hit play the screen goes all black, and acts like it's going to load the sims 3. After about 30 seconds, the screen minimizes, not crashes or closes, but just minimizes. I can maximize it but it stays like that for about 10 seconds before it minimizes itself again. It won't close window unless I open Task Manager and force it to end. Does anyone know why I might be getting this? I tried re-patching the game and adding the ultimate fix again. Should I also try reinstalling all of my expansion packs? I'm going to do so right now, but if that doesn't work I would like some recommendations on what I should try next!

Last edited by Carlos on Wed 16 Dec 2015, 19:27; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : update)

odetodun
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sim3Launcher has stopped working.

Post by Sim Architect on Wed 16 Dec 2015, 17:05

Hi! Try selecting your good video card, instead of the onboard one, by right clicking the launcher and selecting "run with... NVidia or ATI Card (depending on which you have)".

Other option is to open your video card settings (usually you can open the NVidia/ATI control panel by right clicking the desktop, then you look into that area where you can see a list of apps and select the video card for each of them, being your case The Sims 3).

Using an SSD for your program files and your documents can also improve performance a lot.

The Sim Architect

It was nice being here. I will be away for a while...

Sim Architect
Entertainer
I'll make you smile
Entertainer I'll make you smile

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male Posts : 1853

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 16 Dec 2015, 19:26

@odetodun wrote:Hello! I currently have ts3 downloaded through Origin and I downloaded a few expansion packs to use! I updated the game manually and turned off automatic updates, and installed the fix but for some reason when  I go to play my game I get a window that says the launcher has stopped working? What should I do? I did this on my old computer and a friend's computer and have never ran into this issue before!

UPDATE: 
 So after messing around with some stuff, the Launcher is working again! YAY! BUT, when I hit play the screen goes all black, and acts like it's going to load the sims 3. After about 30 seconds, the screen minimizes, not crashes or closes, but just minimizes. I can maximize it but it stays like that for about 10 seconds before it minimizes itself again. It won't close window unless I open Task Manager and force it to end. Does anyone know why I might be getting this? I tried re-patching the game and adding the ultimate fix again. Should I also try reinstalling all of my expansion packs? I'm going to do so right now, but if that doesn't work I would like some recommendations on what I should try next!

Topic title slightly edited, to avoid confusion. Smile  

What happens if you start the game without the launcher, namely with the TS3W.exe ? (is that even possible with the Origin version ?) The file can be found in C:\Program files(x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin.

G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum