Putting Objects On Surfaces Glitch 1.69

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Putting Objects On Surfaces Glitch 1.69

Post by andreanna01 on Sat 12 Dec 2015, 01:12

Hello all,

I recently updated my game to the most recent patch Embarrassing...:  (1.69) and at first everything was working fine but now I'm at the point where I can't put any objects like lamps, phones or décor items on end tables, desks, counters, etc. I figured at first it might have to do with cc but it even doesn't work when it comes to using base game objects. It's very frustrating and I don't know what to do about it being that I have only found two forums by using a simple google search that weren't much help. They only recommened to download a fix from TSR which I can't even seem to find. Please help!!!
Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help
avatar
andreanna01
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

Favourite games : Sims 3
Female Posts : 3
Points : 1427
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-01-27
Age : 20
Location : New York

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Putting Objects On Surfaces Glitch 1.69

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 12 Dec 2015, 12:42

@andreanna01 wrote:Hello all,

I recently updated my game to the most recent patch :$:  (1.69) and at first everything was working fine but now I'm at the point where I can't put any objects like lamps, phones or décor items on end tables, desks, counters, etc. I figured at first it might have to do with cc but it even doesn't work when it comes to using base game objects. It's very frustrating and I don't know what to do about it being that I have only found two forums by using a simple google search that weren't much help. They only recommened to download a fix from TSR which I can't even seem to find. Please help!!!
Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help


Hello and welcome to the forum,


Just to make sure: you aren't using Games4theworld's TS3 fix, with your Sims 3 game ? Because that probably wouldn't work. For now, try right-clicking on your Sims 3 (base) game in the Origin library, and select "repair game". When done, play on and see if that helped anything.

At the time you patched the game, did you have any mods in your Mods-folder ? You could also try a temporary new savefile for now and see if it works there.

Feel free to keep us posted ! Smile

_________________



G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4



Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!



avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830
Points : 19688
Reputation : 2094
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Putting Objects On Surfaces Glitch 1.69

Post by andreanna01 on Sun 13 Dec 2015, 21:16

Carlos wrote:
@andreanna01 wrote:Hello all,

I recently updated my game to the most recent patch :$:  (1.69) and at first everything was working fine but now I'm at the point where I can't put any objects like lamps, phones or décor items on end tables, desks, counters, etc. I figured at first it might have to do with cc but it even doesn't work when it comes to using base game objects. It's very frustrating and I don't know what to do about it being that I have only found two forums by using a simple google search that weren't much help. They only recommened to download a fix from TSR which I can't even seem to find. Please help!!!
Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help


Hello and welcome to the forum,


Just to make sure: you aren't using Games4theworld's TS3 fix, with your Sims 3 game ? Because that probably wouldn't work. For now, try right-clicking on your Sims 3 (base) game in the Origin library, and select "repair game". When done, play on and see if that helped anything.

At the time you patched the game, did you have any mods in your Mods-folder ? You could also try a temporary new savefile for now and see if it works there.

Feel free to keep us posted ! Smile


Hello again, friend,



I did what you suggested with repairing the game with origin and my base game surfaces seem to have regained their compatibility with base game objects. The only problems I'm still encountering is not being able to put phones, even base game phones, on dressers (base game and cc dressers) as well as other objects such as lamps and décor on a certain cc. Do you know how I can update my cc and if that might be the problem here??
avatar
andreanna01
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

Favourite games : Sims 3
Female Posts : 3
Points : 1427
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-01-27
Age : 20
Location : New York

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Putting Objects On Surfaces Glitch 1.69

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 13 Dec 2015, 21:23

@andreanna01 wrote:Hello again, friend,

I did what you suggested with repairing the game with origin and my base game surfaces seem to have regained their compatibility with base game objects. The only problems I'm still encountering is not being able to put phones, even base game phones, on dressers (base game and cc dressers) as well as other objects such as lamps and décor on a certain cc. Do you know how I can update my cc and if that might be the problem here??


Unless the creator of the CC has made an update for 1.69, I don't see what else can be done. From what I gather, this ominous 1.69 update was only released for the Origin-platform games of Sims 3. Since I don't have the Origin-version (I "only" have a pirated version, that is based on the original retail-DVD), I'm afraid I can't really help further here. 

What I also read is that the 1.69 update does not modify any game-related code; the update is mainly for launcher issues or something. So it's not so certain if the CC are the issue here.

Does it work if you put the stuff on the base game & expansion dressers ? 

_________________



G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4



Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!



avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830
Points : 19688
Reputation : 2094
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Putting Objects On Surfaces Glitch 1.69

Post by andreanna01 on Sun 13 Dec 2015, 22:10

Carlos wrote:
@andreanna01 wrote:Hello again, friend,

I did what you suggested with repairing the game with origin and my base game surfaces seem to have regained their compatibility with base game objects. The only problems I'm still encountering is not being able to put phones, even base game phones, on dressers (base game and cc dressers) as well as other objects such as lamps and décor on a certain cc. Do you know how I can update my cc and if that might be the problem here??


Unless the creator of the CC has made an update for 1.69, I don't see what else can be done. From what I gather, this ominous 1.69 update was only released for the Origin-platform games of Sims 3. Since I don't have the Origin-version (I "only" have a pirated version, that is based on the original retail-DVD), I'm afraid I can't really help further here. 

What I also read is that the 1.69 update does not modify any game-related code; the update is mainly for launcher issues or something. So it's not so certain if the CC are the issue here.

Does it work if you put the stuff on the base game & expansion dressers ? 
Yes, it does work if I put objects on the base game and expansion dressers, but the phones do not work on any dressers, base game and cc phones. I don't know why. It's not that big of a deal, it's just extremely annoying. It started when I updated my game. I probably should've looked into what the update actually does but I didn't, I just updated my game and went about playing it. I'm kind of worried the issue here isn't related to the update but to my CC.
avatar
andreanna01
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

Favourite games : Sims 3
Female Posts : 3
Points : 1427
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-01-27
Age : 20
Location : New York

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Putting Objects On Surfaces Glitch 1.69

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 13 Dec 2015, 22:14

@andreanna01 wrote:Yes, it does work if I put objects on the base game and expansion dressers, but the phones do not work on any dressers, base game and cc phones. I don't know why. It's not that big of a deal, it's just extremely annoying. It started when I updated my game. I probably should've looked into what the update actually does but I didn't, I just updated my game and went about playing it. I'm kind of worried the issue here isn't related to the update but to my CC.


I know I said it before, but have you also tested this on a (temporary !) new savegame, with "fresh" sims and the like ? I'm not sure if I myself even used phones on dressers, so I may try it on my own game, next time I play The Sims 3.

And yes, these Origin-issues are the reason I never wanted to have my own Sims 3, on Origin. But I'm sorry I can't help further here.  WhatDidUJustCallMe?

_________________



G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4



Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!



avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830
Points : 19688
Reputation : 2094
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Putting Objects On Surfaces Glitch 1.69

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum