Graphic issues after installing Get Together

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Graphic issues after installing Get Together

Post by Zakuro on Fri 18 Dec 2015, 18:18

Hi!

I just installed Get Together and as usual the installation went smoothly. When I started the game and went to CAS I noticed some glitches when I was going to pick ambition and traits. I wasn't too bothered since it was just a bigger, dark see-through triangle, but when I continued and was going to choose the rest (clothes, hair, shape of bodies etc) it reappeared but this time big squares covered a big part of the screen. I decided to just move on with what was already chosen and see if the same thing would happen when I chose house. Aand the whole screen was green.
I've tried most of the things I can think of, change settings, turning laptop mode on and off, low graphic quality, moved my mods, the hotfix (even though this problem wasn't listed, couldn't hurt to try, right?), used the Ultimate Fix and reapplied the maps to my anti-virus exceptions-list. The game folder have already been moved. The game worked without any issues before, except for a few minor bugs when it was released.
Any ideas?  Rolling Eyes





Last edited by Zakuro on Wed 23 Dec 2015, 23:45; edited 2 times in total

Zakuro
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 6
Points : 829
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2015-07-24
Age : 20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Graphic issues after installing Get Together

Post by Zakuro on Wed 23 Dec 2015, 21:42

Okay I might fly through my bedroom roof soon. I uninstalled everything and accidentally installed Get Together too (I was going to just install the base game and Get To Work to make sure everything was working that far) and I thought that I might as well start the game and see if it worked. And everything was the same. So I was going to uninstall everything again and redo it. The thing is I had to move the Get To Work .RAR-file to an external hard drive in between. Since I didn't have a lot of space on computer I thought that I could just extract it where I had it at the moment and move it back to where I keep it in my computer and it wouldn't bloody extract it and all I got was an error about a file, which I don't remember the name of unfortunately. ughhh. 
I've honestly never ever had so much trouble with any sims-game before and I'm beyond frustrated that I after a whole week can't seem to fix it and that no one seems to have any sort of idea or tip. Sad

I'm gonna give it one last shot and if it doesn't work I might just uninstall everything and wait for a new update Why.

edit: okay nope. Uninstalled everything again and decided to try just the base game but I had to update it, so I tried with a few earlier updates I still had and also the latest one. Aaand the problem is still there. I got the Get To Work .RAR-file back to my computer but I still get error messages and can't extract it. Evil or Very Mad I'll just give up now.  Mad

Zakuro
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 6
Points : 829
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2015-07-24
Age : 20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Graphic issues after installing Get Together

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 24 Dec 2015, 13:43

Zakuro wrote:Okay I might fly through my bedroom roof soon. I uninstalled everything and accidentally installed Get Together too (I was going to just install the base game and Get To Work to make sure everything was working that far) and I thought that I might as well start the game and see if it worked. And everything was the same. So I was going to uninstall everything again and redo it. The thing is I had to move the Get To Work .RAR-file to an external hard drive in between. Since I didn't have a lot of space on computer I thought that I could just extract it where I had it at the moment and move it back to where I keep it in my computer and it wouldn't bloody extract it and all I got was an error about a file, which I don't remember the name of unfortunately. ughhh. 
I've honestly never ever had so much trouble with any sims-game before and I'm beyond frustrated that I after a whole week can't seem to fix it and that no one seems to have any sort of idea or tip. Sad

I'm gonna give it one last shot and if it doesn't work I might just uninstall everything and wait for a new update Why.

edit: okay nope. Uninstalled everything again and decided to try just the base game but I had to update it, so I tried with a few earlier updates I still had and also the latest one. Aaand the problem is still there. I got the Get To Work .RAR-file back to my computer but I still get error messages and can't extract it. Evil or Very Mad I'll just give up now.  Mad


Hello and welcome to the forum,


Do you know if your graphics drivers are up-to-date ? Do you have the "laptop mode" in your options menu enabled ?

And if you are having issues with extracting the .RAR file(s), how much space do you have on your C: drive ? Be sure to have sufficient filespace on your drive. because it is essential to keep the install order as follows:

TS4 Base game -> TS4 Get to Work -> TS4 Get together.


Meaning, you MUST install "Get to Work", before you actually install "Get together".

_________________
Respectfully,

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper



avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14428
Points : 19150
Reputation : 2037
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Graphic issues after installing Get Together

Post by Zakuro on Thu 24 Dec 2015, 14:48

Carlos wrote:
Zakuro wrote:Okay I might fly through my bedroom roof soon. I uninstalled everything and accidentally installed Get Together too (I was going to just install the base game and Get To Work to make sure everything was working that far) and I thought that I might as well start the game and see if it worked. And everything was the same. So I was going to uninstall everything again and redo it. The thing is I had to move the Get To Work .RAR-file to an external hard drive in between. Since I didn't have a lot of space on computer I thought that I could just extract it where I had it at the moment and move it back to where I keep it in my computer and it wouldn't bloody extract it and all I got was an error about a file, which I don't remember the name of unfortunately. ughhh. 
I've honestly never ever had so much trouble with any sims-game before and I'm beyond frustrated that I after a whole week can't seem to fix it and that no one seems to have any sort of idea or tip. Sad

I'm gonna give it one last shot and if it doesn't work I might just uninstall everything and wait for a new update Why.

edit: okay nope. Uninstalled everything again and decided to try just the base game but I had to update it, so I tried with a few earlier updates I still had and also the latest one. Aaand the problem is still there. I got the Get To Work .RAR-file back to my computer but I still get error messages and can't extract it. Evil or Very Mad I'll just give up now.  Mad


Hello and welcome to the forum,


Do you know if your graphics drivers are up-to-date ? Do you have the "laptop mode" in your options menu enabled ?

And if you are having issues with extracting the .RAR file(s), how much space do you have on your C: drive ? Be sure to have sufficient filespace on your drive. because it is essential to keep the install order as follows:

TS4 Base game -> TS4 Get to Work -> TS4 Get together.


Meaning, you MUST install "Get to Work", before you actually install "Get together".

As far as I know they are up to date. I never have laptop mode enabled but I have tried to enable it and since it didn't make a difference I turned it off again.
I cleaned up my computer a bit and now when I have uninstalled everything I have about 14gb free, but when I tried to extract I already had about 10gb. And yes, I have always installed them in order.

Zakuro
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 6
Points : 829
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2015-07-24
Age : 20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Graphic issues after installing Get Together

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 24 Dec 2015, 15:04

Zakuro wrote:
As far as I know they are up to date. I never have laptop mode enabled but I have tried to enable it and since it didn't make a difference I turned it off again.
I cleaned up my computer a bit and now when I have uninstalled everything I have about 14gb free, but when I tried to extract I already had about 10gb. And yes, I have always installed them in order.


Feel free to press the Windows key + R, type dxdiag and hit enter. Under the display-tab, there is some information about your drivers too. See what date is there. If it's too old, then you may update them.

Also, what is the exact error you are getting during extraction ? And you are using WinRAR...?

_________________
Respectfully,

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper



avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14428
Points : 19150
Reputation : 2037
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Graphic issues after installing Get Together

Post by Zakuro on Fri 25 Dec 2015, 14:55

Carlos wrote:
Zakuro wrote:
As far as I know they are up to date. I never have laptop mode enabled but I have tried to enable it and since it didn't make a difference I turned it off again.
I cleaned up my computer a bit and now when I have uninstalled everything I have about 14gb free, but when I tried to extract I already had about 10gb. And yes, I have always installed them in order.


Feel free to press the Windows key + R, type dxdiag and hit enter. Under the display-tab, there is some information about your drivers too. See what date is there. If it's too old, then you may update them.

Also, what is the exact error you are getting during extraction ? And you are using WinRAR...?

I checked and from what I could understand my drivers are from August 2010, so I wouldn't trust that anything on my computer is up to date haha. Though I'm not really at home with more in depth computer stuff, so I might be wrong.

Yeah, I always use WinRAR. This time it wasn't the same error for some reason, but the errors I get now is "CRC failed in Data/Client/ClientDeltaBuild1.package. The file is corrupt" and "The file "???" header is corrupt".

Zakuro
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 6
Points : 829
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2015-07-24
Age : 20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Graphic issues after installing Get Together

Post by Zakuro on Mon 28 Dec 2015, 19:19

I got some help from my brother who is a lot better at computers than me and after some searching and swearing over things going so slowly we finally managed to update my graphic card and now it's working again!!

Zakuro
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 6
Points : 829
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2015-07-24
Age : 20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum