Llama-symbols in Newcrest and related glitches, a.k.a. "Get together hotfix". [OBSOLETE]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Llama-symbols in Newcrest and related glitches, a.k.a. "Get together hotfix". [OBSOLETE]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 19 Dec 2015, 09:25

Please note that as of 18-07-2016, this topic has become obsolete. Please refer to the latest Global Announcement here instead. I also removed the download link for the 'hotfix'. Thank you for your understanding !

Hello all,

Since the following problem is going to be encountered by all of you, who downloaded Games4theworld's "Get together"-release (from this site), I decided to make this post, for the time being; I also posted the same already here but it may be better to have the post in a more visible place. When loading the Newcrest neighborhood, you will see a bunch of Llama-symbols:

I myself encountered too, hence I looked at the files again, and in the process compiled a small "hotfix". This hotfix should help remedy issues like Llama-symbols in the Newcrest neighborhood, possible issues with the "Christmas celebration items" not showing up or even possible issues when trying to travel to Granite Falls.

The download is very small, and you should copy + paste the 3 folders inside the .RAR, to your Sims 4 install location, overwriting the existing files. I did, however, also include a small install guide in the .RAR, although it should be straightforward.

Very important: this time, you do NOT need to download the "Ultimate fix". Just keep the installation order as follows: TS4 base game -> TS4 "Get to Work"-expansion -> TS4 "Get together"-expansion -> TS4 "Get together"-hotfix (see below). And if you already got the previous version of the Ultimate fix, you of course don't need to un-install anything. Just apply the files from our "Get together"-release, and then the small hotfix.

Have fun (again), and feel free to let us know about any other possible glitches ! Very Happy 

DO NOT POST ANY (FURTHER) QUESTIONS OR PROBLEMS IN THIS TOPIC HERE. INSTEAD, OPEN A NEW TOPIC IN OUR The Sims 4 downloads support - SECTION ! ALL FURTHER COMMENTS ABOUT QUESTIONS/PROBLEMS WILL BE IMMEDIATELY DELETED WITHOUT ANY ADVANCE WARNING !

Last edited by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 25 Jul 2016, 04:37; edited 10 times in total

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14461

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Llama-symbols in Newcrest and related glitches, a.k.a. "Get together hotfix". [OBSOLETE]

Post by Miya on Sun 20 Dec 2015, 17:06

Thank you soooo much! It worked perfectly!

Miya
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Llama-symbols in Newcrest and related glitches, a.k.a. "Get together hotfix". [OBSOLETE]

Post by Sim Architect on Wed 23 Dec 2015, 14:17

This is a VERY important topic, @Carlos! Thanks!

I even shared it in my video's description, in case anybody is using the G4TW fix and something like that happens to them!

Cookie from Carlos Cookie from Carlos 
All Hail Carlos!

The Sim Architect

It was nice being here. I will be away for a while...

Sim Architect
Entertainer
I'll make you smile
Entertainer I'll make you smile

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male Posts : 1851

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bulletproofxweeks on Tue 19 Jan 2016, 13:22

Accidentally stumbled upon this. I didn't realize it was glitch until now, but thanks to this fix it is all sorted now. Worked like a charm! Thank you so much! Smile

bulletproofxweeks
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KawaiiUnicornSims on Sun 24 Jan 2016, 13:07

Thank you so much! All Hail Carlos! Even though they pretty much did nothing, they weren't the prettiest to look at!

KawaiiUnicornSims
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Sims 4, Skyrim
Female Posts : 39

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by icbogue on Wed 06 Jul 2016, 08:12

Thanks a billion! Didn't know it had to do with Christmas stuff... Like disappearing doors.
icbogue
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games :
Male Posts : 17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum