Can't update The Sims 3 Late Night to 6.5.1. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can't update The Sims 3 Late Night to 6.5.1. [SOLVED]

Post by lephanaji on Fri 01 Jan 2016, 12:03

Hello. 
So I installed The Sims 3, Late Night, Generations and University Life and everything was working fine until my game crashed because there is new update for Late Night (6.5.1) (I use CLA). I have The Sims 3 early patches that I got from this site. I installed all of the patches, but it seems that game wont ?accept? the 6.5.1  patch. I opened my launcher and hovered over Late Night icon in it, it still says 6.2.4 even thought I applied the 6.5.1 patch and the game still keeps crashing and saying that I have 6.2.4 version and that I need to update it. Help please.
lephanaji
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, The Sims 4, Minecraft
Female Posts : 14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Can't update The Sims 3 Late Night to 6.5.1. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 01 Jan 2016, 12:36

lephanaji wrote:Hello. 
So I installed The Sims 3, Late Night, Generations and University Life and everything was working fine until my game crashed because there is new update for Late Night (6.5.1) (I use CLA). I have The Sims 3 early patches that I got from this site. I installed all of the patches, but it seems that game wont ?accept? the 6.5.1  patch. I opened my launcher and hovered over Late Night icon in it, it still says 6.2.4 even thought I applied the 6.5.1 patch and the game still keeps crashing and saying that I have 6.2.4 version and that I need to update it. Help please.

Hello and welcome to the forum,

Have you tried right-clicking on that "Late night 6.5.1. patch" and selecting "run as Administrator" ? Beyond that, these early patches that I posted back then are basically an additional offer, and NOT (!) essential for playing the game. I remember myself having difficulties with installing one of these earlier patches (not Late Night, but something else which I can't recall right now).

If you experience game crashes, try the solutions in this thread here for now:
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-30-01-2015

Also make sure to double-check any mods for Sims 3 that you may have installed, as they can also cause crashes. Good luck for now !

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14423

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Fri 01 Jan 2016, 12:38

Hello,

Welcome to G4TW.
With the manual patch, you don't have to update your individual expansionpacks anymore. If you've already used it, chances are that the crashes are unrelated to the Late Night patch level.

☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15112

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 01 Jan 2016, 13:18

Edin ElDi wrote:Hello,

Welcome to G4TW.
With the manual patch, you don't have to update your individual expansionpacks anymore. If you've already used it, chances are that the crashes are unrelated to the Late Night patch level.

http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t19139-patching-early-sims-3-expansions

As far as I recall though, the manual superpatcher - for some reason - doesn't include the updates for the pre-"Generations" expansions/stuffpacks - such as Late Night. Maybe right now, the manual superpatcher does that too.

But at the time I wrote the above thread, the 1.67 superpatcher was long released and it did not include those early patches. But then, I may be totally wrong here too, so...

rendeer

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lephanaji on Sat 02 Jan 2016, 08:40

Problem solved. Thanks to all of you anyway. I reinstalled Late Night and then applied just 6.5.1 patch and not all of them like it was said in tutorial. Have a great 2016  I tip my fedora. Smile Carlos is tha man!!!
lephanaji
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, The Sims 4, Minecraft
Female Posts : 14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 02 Jan 2016, 13:33

lephanaji wrote:Problem solved. Thanks to all of you anyway. I reinstalled Late Night and then applied just 6.5.1 patch and not all of them like it was said in tutorial. Have a great 2016  I tip my fedora. Smile Carlos is tha man!!!

That is an interesting fix, which I didn't know about myself. Oh well.  Why.  

If you ever run into any other issues, feel free to open a new thread. But in the meantime, enjoy your game ! Problem solved, topic closed.

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum