Sims 3 Launcher Stopped Working

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Launcher Stopped Working

Post by Chrysantheous on Sat 02 Jan 2016, 22:58

So, I've looked all over for a solution to this, and I tried to do the ultimate fix. However, when I tried to do the final steps, which were to update the game on the launcher, I keep getting the "Sims 3 Launcher has stopped working" error. I thought it might've been a problem with my mods, so I deleted the one's I recently put into my "Mods" folder. But the problem persists. I really don't want to reinstall the game because it takes forever and a day to install all the expansions, and plus, I don't really wanna lose my save game.

Thanks a bunch

All 4 Chin Chin
Chrysantheous
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3 & 4
Female Posts : 8

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 Launcher Stopped Working

Post by MadameRouge on Mon 04 Jan 2016, 12:53

Hi there!

I'm new here (I actually only made an account so I could reply to your problem Carlos is tha man!!! ) so I hope nothing goes wrong with posting this message..

Now for your problem: I had the exact same problem. I tried the fix and even reinstalled everything but my launcher still crashed immediately..I thought it might have something to do with the win10 update, but even in compatibility mode it didn't work. I went online and searched for hours for another solution but I couldn't find anything that worked for me.

So as a last desperate attempt, I switched off my internet connection and started the launcher and it didn't crash! I could install all my cc and then closed it, turned my internet connection back on and just used the shortcut to play the game, which played perfectly! Heeeeeey, Macarena

This might not be the solution, but until I find another option I'm sticking with what works. I hope this also works for you! If not...I really don't know what you could do..

Good luck!

(Also, sorry if my English is horrible IAmSoHappyEmergahwd ...it's not my first language)

MadameRouge
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

Female Posts : 1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by febrifuga on Sun 10 Jan 2016, 02:01

I just tried MadameRouge 's trick and it seems to have worked. I disconnected from the internet and double-clicked a .sims3pack file. My launcher (NOT updated to most recent version) opened and installed the .sims3pack file perfectly. 

I then continued to install several CC items via my launcher including lots, decor, hairs, and build mode items like walls and floors. They all installed successfully. I have not checked in-game for every item I just installed, because I installed about 50-60 things, but the lot I especially wanted to re-install did show up, so I am hopeful that everything else did too.

Next time I will try it with one of my CAW worlds.

my specs:
Windows 10 64-bit
2TB HDD, plus 2TB external
CPU Intel Core i7 @3.6GHz
RAM 8GB DDR3
GPU Nvidia GTX 760
febrifuga
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 6

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 10 Jan 2016, 06:51

MadameRouge wrote:Hi there!

I'm new here (I actually only made an account so I could reply to your problem Carlos is tha man!!! ) so I hope nothing goes wrong with posting this message..

Now for your problem: I had the exact same problem. I tried the fix and even reinstalled everything but my launcher still crashed immediately..I thought it might have something to do with the win10 update, but even in compatibility mode it didn't work. I went online and searched for hours for another solution but I couldn't find anything that worked for me.

So as a last desperate attempt, I switched off my internet connection and started the launcher and it didn't crash! I could install all my cc and then closed it, turned my internet connection back on and just used the shortcut to play the game, which played perfectly! Heeeeeey, Macarena

This might not be the solution, but until I find another option I'm sticking with what works. I hope this also works for you! If not...I really don't know what you could do..

Good luck!

(Also, sorry if my English is horrible IAmSoHappyEmergahwd ...it's not my first language)

//MOVED

Hello and welcome to the forum @MadameRouge,

That's an interesting fix indeed; thanks for sharing it ! I thought it was related to the latest update on Origin for the game (1.69). But as for me, I have the Sims 3 stuff from Games4theworld, and my launcher only crashes when I scroll through the list of installed items, in the launcher.

In fact, I avoid the launcher as much as possible, and only use .package file custom/store content. Much easier to deal with, than the broken launcher that EA has left behind as a "parting gift", at the end of the Sims 3 era.

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14423

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum