Launcher not working and saying no disk found

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Launcher not working and saying no disk found

Post by kiarahicks84 on Tue 05 Jan 2016, 13:16

Yesterday I updated my game through the Sim Launcher and now today when I tried to launch it it reads "Sims3Launcher has stopped working." I really need the Launcher to download my custom content. I came on here and read the other threads about the launcher and tried to open the game with the TS3W icon. The game loads up until it gets to the continue game screen and it wont go any further. It says "No disk found. Please insert The Sims 3 Into The Future Disk". My game was working perfectly fine before I updated it.

kiarahicks84
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Launcher not working and saying no disk found

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 06 Jan 2016, 07:11

@kiarahicks84 wrote:Yesterday I updated my game through the Sim Launcher and now today when I tried to launch it it reads "Sims3Launcher has stopped working." I really need the Launcher to download my custom content. I came on here and read the other threads about the launcher and tried to open the game with the TS3W icon. The game loads up until it gets to the continue game screen and it wont go any further. It says "No disk found. Please insert The Sims 3 Into The Future Disk". My game was working perfectly fine before I updated it.

Hello and welcome to the forum !  alien

I'll assume you have your basegame of Sims 3 (and maybe some or even all expansions) on Origin ? If yes, then this mysterious 1.69 update wrecked everything. Try this here (but I can't tell if it's going to work).

Uninstall just the Origin basegame of Sims 3 for now, and re-boot the computer. After that, please disable automatic Origin game updates; see this thread to learn how to do that. And you will probably need to re-download the base-game in Origin.

Once that is done, repeat the steps #2 and #5 here:
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

So re-apply the 1.67 manual patch and then the Ultimate fix. Now try the game again. Good luck !

P.S. alternatively, you could drop all your Origin games (i.e. uninstall them all) and just go for pirated stuff straight away, like I myself did. We have a complete collection of Sims 3 on our download site here, and it has instructions included. Note that this complete edition has about 27GB filesize, and includes the base game plus all expansions. So if you want to give that a try, instead of meddling with Origin, that could be an alternative.

G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kiarahicks84 on Thu 07 Jan 2016, 13:30

Thank you for the welcome! I'm going to try uninstalling everything like you said and download The Sims 3 off of your site.

kiarahicks84
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Fri 08 Jan 2016, 09:58

Hello,

If you carefully follow these instructions, you should be good to go. Don't hesitate to reply back if you run into any problems.

Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15118

View user profile