Custom music error.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Custom music error.

Post by Emmapenna on Mon 11 Jan 2016, 17:01

Hi! 

I downloaded and installed all sims games correctly a while back, it worked perfectly fine. 
But today i encountered a weird issue, i can no long play any custom music in-game.

I have looked all over the internet and i dont find any solution that i havent tried.

All songs are mp3 files, and no bigger 320 kbs. I copy, pasted all songs into the custom music folder aswell.

Ive also run the ultimate fix today. Didnt help it either.

Emmapenna
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Custom music error.

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 15 Jan 2016, 20:18

@Emmapenna wrote:Hi! 

I downloaded and installed all sims games correctly a while back, it worked perfectly fine. 
But today i encountered a weird issue, i can no long play any custom music in-game.

I have looked all over the internet and i dont find any solution that i havent tried.

All songs are mp3 files, and no bigger 320 kbs. I copy, pasted all songs into the custom music folder aswell.

Ive also run the ultimate fix today. Didnt help it either.

Welcome to the forum @Emmapenna and sorry for the late reply,

Try this: navigate to Documents\Electronic Arts\ and change the name of the folder "The Sims 4" into anything else. Start up the game, and exit again. Navigate back to the folder location and you will see a new folder "The Sims 4" has been created.

Go back to your old folder (the one you renamed initially) and copy all your relevant stuff. The subfolders named Mods, Custom music, saves, etc. Now paste those folders into the new folder "The Sims 4", that was freshly created. Replace existing files/folders when prompted.

Now fire up the game again, and navigate to the radio station where you put your custom songs into. See if they play there. Good luck !

G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum