Can't install The Sims 2.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can't install The Sims 2.

Post by AriyaChoi on Tue 12 Jan 2016, 17:07

Hi, 

I've tried installing Sims 2 University on my windows 10 after successfully installing the base game. 

After the Sims 2 University installed, it prompts that the game needs to be updated. After pressing okay, another prompt appeared stating that it is unable to update and the installed automatically un-installed. Can someone help me with this matter please? Smile

AriyaChoi
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 2
Points : 704
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2016-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Can't install The Sims 2.

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 12 Jan 2016, 23:55

@AriyaChoi wrote:Hi, 

I've tried installing Sims 2 University on my windows 10 after successfully installing the base game. 

After the Sims 2 University installed, it prompts that the game needs to be updated. After pressing okay, another prompt appeared stating that it is unable to update and the installed automatically un-installed. Can someone help me with this matter please? Smile


Hello and welcome to the forum @AriyaChoi,


That's an interesting error and I'm not sure what to respond here actually.  Facepalm  Try this though. Skip "University" for now, and go on with the installation of "Open for business". Continue with the rest of the steps, until the last expansion pack "Apartment life".

Once you finished installing Apartment Life, please try installing University again. Good luck !


P.S. I know this is against the recommended install order written in the guide, but during my testing, I found that you can "mix it up" a little. I suggested the particular install order mainly to avoid confusion, and for simplicity.

_________________



G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4



Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!



avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830
Points : 19689
Reputation : 2094
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

I can't install Sims 2

Post by Goncaloska on Wed 13 Jan 2016, 18:24

Hi, I managed to install the base of The Sims 2, but when I tried to install the expansions, asks me for Cd/DvD 1.
Help me, please Smile
avatar
Goncaloska
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

Favourite games : The Sims 2, Zoo Tycoon 2, Age of Empires, Plants vs Zombie
Female Posts : 1
Points : 701
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2016-01-12
Age : 16
Location : Portugal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Can't install The Sims 2.

Post by CHall10006 on Wed 13 Jan 2016, 23:45

You need to take University, Open for Business, Family Fun Stuff and Glamour Life Stuff and take them out of a folder than the install will work.

CHall10006
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Yandere Simulator, Life Is Strange, Geometry Dash, SimCity, Kitty Powers' Matchmaker, MySims, Party Hard, Firewatch, Emily Wants To Play, Five Nights at Freddy's, Outlast, Undertale, Slime Rancher
Male Posts : 77
Points : 1040
Reputation : 14
Join date : 2015-05-22
Age : 15
Location : Tyler, Texas

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQIE_rjjl65g7hofin0s6mQ

Back to top Go down

Re: Can't install The Sims 2.

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 14 Jan 2016, 00:15

@Goncaloska wrote:Hi, I managed to install the base of The Sims 2, but when I tried to install the expansions, asks me for Cd/DvD 1.
Help me, please Smile


What the previous poster said. Smile


@CHall10006 wrote:You need to take University, Open for Business, Family Fun Stuff and Glamour Life Stuff and take them out of a folder than the install will work.

Some people don't get the errors with all of these packs though. I myself only got them with University and Open for business. Luckily, it seems to be easily fixable. @Goncaloska, for the future, it would be cool if you opened a new topic for your own issues, instead of posting under someone else's topic, because it makes it easier for team members to provide individual help. Wink

_________________



G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4



Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!



avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830
Points : 19689
Reputation : 2094
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Can't install The Sims 2.

Post by AriyaChoi on Thu 14 Jan 2016, 13:02

Carlos wrote:
@AriyaChoi wrote:Hi, 

I've tried installing Sims 2 University on my windows 10 after successfully installing the base game. 

After the Sims 2 University installed, it prompts that the game needs to be updated. After pressing okay, another prompt appeared stating that it is unable to update and the installed automatically un-installed. Can someone help me with this matter please? Smile


Hello and welcome to the forum @AriyaChoi,


That's an interesting error and I'm not sure what to respond here actually.  Facepalm  Try this though. Skip "University" for now, and go on with the installation of "Open for business". Continue with the rest of the steps, until the last expansion pack "Apartment life".

Once you finished installing Apartment Life, please try installing University again. Good luck !


P.S. I know this is against the recommended install order written in the guide, but during my testing, I found that you can "mix it up" a little. I suggested the particular install order mainly to avoid confusion, and for simplicity.

Hi ,

I've tried installing as how you told me. i've install from base, open for biz up to season but i'm not able to install the rest. it has the same prompt as the university pac.

AriyaChoi
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 2
Points : 704
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2016-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Can't install The Sims 2.

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 14 Jan 2016, 18:39

@AriyaChoi wrote:
Hi ,

I've tried installing as how you told me. i've install from base, open for biz up to season but i'm not able to install the rest. it has the same prompt as the university pac.


Did you make sure to have ALL available Windows updates downloaded and installed ? And did you also install the patches that are in the expansions, beginning in "Open for business" ?

Plus, did you use WinRAR for extracting the download content of the "TS2 Complete Collection" ? Only use WinRAR, and no other program, to avoid possible data corruption during the extraction.

I'm also curious about whether running the installers as Administrators can make a difference here. If you haven't tried it yet, right-click on the autorun.exe files and choose "run as Administrator".

_________________



G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4



Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!



avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830
Points : 19689
Reputation : 2094
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Can't install The Sims 2.

Post by xshamla on Thu 14 Jan 2016, 19:06

I moved everything to my desktop. And now everything is working fine. Thank you guys for this download!  Carlos is tha man!!!

xshamla
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 1
Points : 873
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-07-24
Age : 22
Location : The Netherlands

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Can't install The Sims 2.

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 14 Jan 2016, 19:54

@xshamla wrote:I moved everything to my desktop. And now everything is working fine. Thank you guys for this download!  Carlos is tha man!!!


Hello and welcome to the forum @xshamla, Smile

That's good to hear ! Have fun with the game, and feel free to get in touch with us anytime you need support with anything we can help with (open a new topic then).

Very Happy

_________________



G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4



Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!



avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830
Points : 19689
Reputation : 2094
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Can't install The Sims 2.

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum