Sims still cannot cook, tried the solution, doesn't work.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims still cannot cook, tried the solution, doesn't work.

Post by chiiwinchester on Wed 13 Jan 2016, 07:24

so i have downloaded get together and all from this website and everything is fine except for that my sims can't use the fridge at ALL. i can't even call pizza. 
i see many people also has the same problem. i tried what this web suggested, delete the localthumbcache.package file and restart the game but nothing happens. the weird thing is, the localthumbcache.package file keeps appearing again and again after every time i delete it, then i open the game(just to find out that my sims are still dying from not being able to eat), and exit, and when i open the folder, the package file appears again. no matter how many times i delete it they keep appearing. 
i saw on other websites that people are able to overcome this problem by fixing their games through origin. i tried to do that but apparently i can't because my game is cracked so it doesn't connect to origin? or is there any possible way? 

Looking forward to your reply, Thank You

chiiwinchester
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims still cannot cook, tried the solution, doesn't work.

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 14 Jan 2016, 01:10

chiiwinchester wrote:so i have downloaded get together and all from this website and everything is fine except for that my sims can't use the fridge at ALL. i can't even call pizza. 
i see many people also has the same problem. i tried what this web suggested, delete the localthumbcache.package file and restart the game but nothing happens. the weird thing is, the localthumbcache.package file keeps appearing again and again after every time i delete it, then i open the game(just to find out that my sims are still dying from not being able to eat), and exit, and when i open the folder, the package file appears again. no matter how many times i delete it they keep appearing. 
i saw on other websites that people are able to overcome this problem by fixing their games through origin. i tried to do that but apparently i can't because my game is cracked so it doesn't connect to origin? or is there any possible way? 

Looking forward to your reply, Thank You

//MOVED

Hello and welcome to the forum @chiiwinchester,

Have you tried selling the fridge(s) and buying new ones ? I used to have it myself (I mean the glitch), but luckily it worked out for me after just exiting the game and restarting.

And no worries about the localthumbcache.package. It is meant to be recreated, but the crucial thing is to delete it regularly. In this case, you can rule out the file.

If you want to give it a try, re-apply the files from ""Get to Work" and then "Get together", and finally followed by the "Hotfix" I described here. Then try the game again.

The function "repair game" in Origin does (almost) the same thing: it simply checks all files, and replaces the installation files with fresh ones if it detects issues. In your case, you could also re-install the base game of Sims 4, before re-applying those expansions and the hotfix. But I can't tell if THAT is really necessary. In the end, this is what Origin's "repair game" function boils down to.

Good luck !

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14419

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum