Origin not running error

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Origin not running error

Post by meghan2589 on Sun 17 Jan 2016, 19:19

I keep getting the "Origin is not running" error when trying to start up the Sims 4.

All of my games are from G4TW, I have followed all of the steps provided in the instructions as well as the various threads concerning this issue.
I have tried playing just the base game and I still get this same error.

I am running Windows 7 64-bit with Avast antivirus

Help would be appreciated since I believe I have exhausted all possible avenues and I'm about to give up.

meghan2589
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Origin not running error

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 17 Jan 2016, 23:25

@meghan2589 wrote:I keep getting the "Origin is not running" error when trying to start up the Sims 4.

All of my games are from G4TW, I have followed all of the steps provided in the instructions as well as the various threads concerning this issue.
I have tried playing just the base game and I still get this same error.

I am running Windows 7 64-bit with Avast antivirus

Help would be appreciated since I believe I have exhausted all possible avenues and I'm about to give up.

Hello and welcome to the forum @meghan2589,

So you followed these 2 threads and did the suggestions mentioned there ?
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t18501-unable-to-start-initialization-error-at-startup-updated-on-11-9-2015

http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t19191-unable-to-start-origin-is-currently-not-running-alternative-solutions

To make sure, have you ALSO moved the installation folder "The Sims 4", out from Electronic Arts ? And directly under Program files (x86) ? I'm mentioning this because this little step is often overlooked.
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14087

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by meghan2589 on Mon 18 Jan 2016, 00:04

Thank you for replying @Carlos. I have tried all of this and I'm still getting the error. I get the error with just the base game, with just get tot work installed and with both expansions

I am sooo frustrated

meghan2589
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 20 Jan 2016, 20:37

@meghan2589 wrote:Thank you for replying @Carlos. I have tried all of this and I'm still getting the error. I get the error with just the base game, with just get tot work installed and with both expansions

I am sooo frustrated

Hello again,

If I remember correctly, we spoke on the chatbox a few days ago. I suppose nothing has changed with your game issues ? Did I already suggest a fresh Windows re-installation ? It is a very radical solution, but sometimes the only way, if one wants to play a pirated Sims 4...
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14087

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum