Game is freaking out on start up (don't know how to word). [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game is freaking out on start up (don't know how to word). [SOLVED]

Post by DangersVoyage on Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:49 pm

So everything was fine with my Sims 4 up until yesterday. I had minimized my game and had switched users to the guest account on my computer. Later I switched back to my administrator account and closed out of Sims. When I logged back in an hour or so later I had this weird issue with the screen. The main menu looks completely fine, but when I click on game settings or when I get in the game this happens. (view picture) If needed I can get a picture in game of the issue as well. I tried running the Ultimate Fix and I noticed the redist files were saying to repair them instead of install them, so I did that. Re opened my Sims application and the issue is still there. Even tried opening the 32-bit application and nothing changed. Also noticed that the music disappears halfway through loading up the game. I tried to do a search for similar issues but I didn't even know what to type. Please help! Don't know what else to do.
Attachments
sims4glitch.png You don't have permission to download attachments.(802 Kb) Downloaded 3 times


Last edited by Carlos on Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:43 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Picture didn't upload)

DangersVoyage
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male Posts : 5
Points : 954
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-07-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game is freaking out on start up (don't know how to word). [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:24 pm

@DangersVoyage wrote:So everything was fine with my Sims 4 up until yesterday. I had minimized my game and had switched users to the guest account on my computer. Later I switched back to my administrator account and closed out of Sims. When I logged back in an hour or so later I had this weird issue with the screen. The main menu looks completely fine, but when I click on game settings or when I get in the game this happens. (view picture) If needed I can get a picture in game of the issue as well. I tried running the Ultimate Fix and I noticed the redist files were saying to repair them instead of install them, so I did that. Re opened my Sims application and the issue is still there. Even tried opening the 32-bit application and nothing changed. Also noticed that the music disappears halfway through loading up the game. I tried to do a search for similar issues but I didn't even know what to type. Please help! Don't know what else to do.


Hello and welcome to the forum @DangersVoyage,


Did you make sure to have all available Windows updates (and graphics driver updates) downloaded and installed ? Are you getting similar problems with other games ?

_________________



G4TW Forum Rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // All G4TW Downloads // G4TW The Sims 4 Gallery Collection

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4



Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!



avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac, Military strategy games (Darkest Hour, Hearts of Iron, Arsenal of Democracy, etc.), Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 15378
Points : 20429
Reputation : 2179
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : Bellisarius Hall

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game is freaking out on start up (don't know how to word). [SOLVED]

Post by DangersVoyage on Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:01 am

Carlos wrote:
@DangersVoyage wrote:So everything was fine with my Sims 4 up until yesterday. I had minimized my game and had switched users to the guest account on my computer. Later I switched back to my administrator account and closed out of Sims. When I logged back in an hour or so later I had this weird issue with the screen. The main menu looks completely fine, but when I click on game settings or when I get in the game this happens. (view picture) If needed I can get a picture in game of the issue as well. I tried running the Ultimate Fix and I noticed the redist files were saying to repair them instead of install them, so I did that. Re opened my Sims application and the issue is still there. Even tried opening the 32-bit application and nothing changed. Also noticed that the music disappears halfway through loading up the game. I tried to do a search for similar issues but I didn't even know what to type. Please help! Don't know what else to do.


Hello and welcome to the forum @DangersVoyage,


Did you make sure to have all available Windows updates (and graphics driver updates) downloaded and installed ? Are you getting similar problems with other games ?

Hello and thank you!

Updated Windows except for Windows 10 and updated the drivers and it's working without problem now! Thank you so much! Smile

DangersVoyage
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male Posts : 5
Points : 954
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-07-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game is freaking out on start up (don't know how to word). [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:43 pm

@DangersVoyage wrote:
Hello and thank you!

Updated Windows except for Windows 10 and updated the drivers and it's working without problem now! Thank you so much! Smile


Looked like a graphics-related glitch. Anyhow, good to hear you figured it out ! Have fun with the game and feel free to get back in touch with us anytime again if you need support on something we can help with. Problem solved, topic closed. Smile

_________________



G4TW Forum Rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // All G4TW Downloads // G4TW The Sims 4 Gallery Collection

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4



Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!



avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac, Military strategy games (Darkest Hour, Hearts of Iron, Arsenal of Democracy, etc.), Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 15378
Points : 20429
Reputation : 2179
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : Bellisarius Hall

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game is freaking out on start up (don't know how to word). [SOLVED]

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum