Get To Work isn't showing up.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Get To Work isn't showing up.

Post by ininacan on Mon 18 Jan 2016, 23:41

Hello everyone! I've tried to research to make sure I'm not re posting something that's been solved. If it has...I'm so sorry! First off...I looked up the ultimate fix...since I have the Get Together expansion pack...this doesn't apply to me? So...here's my problem. I followed everything to a T. I installed base game, Get Together and Get to Work all in the order i was supposed to. The game works perfectly..no issues...Get Together is perfect. My Get To work on the other hand...isn't showing up. I moved my sims 4 file to ProgramFiles x86 as stated. But it's also still under Electronic Arts. Not sure if that is the problem? Should I try and reinstall Get To Work? I didn't want to try anything willy nilly and ruin the game. Any help would be appreciated! Thank You.

ininacan
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 3
Points : 468
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2016-01-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Get To Work isn't showing up.

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 20 Jan 2016, 00:45

@ininacan wrote:Hello everyone! I've tried to research to make sure I'm not re posting something that's been solved. If it has...I'm so sorry! First off...I looked up the ultimate fix...since I have the Get Together expansion pack...this doesn't apply to me? So...here's my problem. I followed everything to a T. I installed base game, Get Together and Get to Work all in the order i was supposed to. The game works perfectly..no issues...Get Together is perfect. My Get To work on the other hand...isn't showing up. I moved my sims 4 file to ProgramFiles x86 as stated. But it's also still under Electronic Arts. Not sure if that is the problem? Should I try and reinstall Get To Work? I didn't want to try anything willy nilly and ruin the game. Any help would be appreciated! Thank You.


Hello and welcome to the forum @ininacan,


When you moved the installation folder of "The Sims 4" out of Electronic Arts, did you also delete all of the old shortcuts ? Please do so. Your desktop shortcut should point to the new location.

Also, you did install at first Get to Work and THEN Get together ?

Plus, try running the game as Administrator for now, if you feel that certain content is missing in-game. Good luck for now, and keep us posted if you like ! Smile

_________________
Regards, The_gh0stm4n



Forum rules // Forum FAQ // G4TW downloads // Sims store, guides & more (beta) // G4TW on Piratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4



Please post game issues on the Forum only. For more general questions about site navigation, you may also e-mail me !


avatar
The_gh0stm4n
Supervising Moderator
Inspector General & Chief of Staff
Supervising ModeratorInspector General & Chief of Staff

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, GTA IV, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Antibirth & Afterbirth †
Male Posts : 13616
Points : 17969
Reputation : 1900
Join date : 2012-11-02
Age : 30
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Get To Work isn't showing up.

Post by ininacan on Wed 20 Jan 2016, 00:52

Well...I just went back and deleted the old files from under Electronics arts..and the old shortcuts. I clicked on TS4 to start the game...but it's now saying it's failing. Clicked on the 64 version...that one works but gave me a message that I would experience problems running that version. And yes...I did everything exactly as I supposed to in the right order ..except for deleting the file from under Electronic Arts. I'm a bit computer stupid. I guess I'll just try to reinstall everything. I have literally no idea what I'm doing.

ininacan
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 3
Points : 468
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2016-01-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Get To Work isn't showing up.

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 21 Jan 2016, 01:45

@ininacan wrote:Well...I just went back and deleted the old files from under Electronics arts..and the old shortcuts. I clicked on TS4 to start the game...but it's now saying it's failing. Clicked on the 64 version...that one works but gave me a message that I would experience problems running that version. And yes...I did everything exactly as I supposed to in the right order ..except for deleting the file from under Electronic Arts. I'm a bit computer stupid. I guess I'll just try to reinstall everything. I have literally no idea what I'm doing.


Sorry for the late reply, but what exactly is the error message when you are trying to run the TS4.exe file ? If one of the .exe file fails to load, it could be an indicator that either Windows Defender is tampering with your files or your third-party anti-virus is doing so.

I wrote this topic here and used Avast and Kaspersky as example programs, but in the end you'll need to apply these things on your own system:
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t18501-unable-to-start-initialization-error-at-startup-updated-on-11-9-2015


A re-install isn't necessary as of yet. It should be enough to re-apply the files from "Get together", once you configured all your anti-virus exclusions. Make sure to re-extract the "Get together"-files from the original .RAR download, though. Good luck again !

_________________
Regards, The_gh0stm4n



Forum rules // Forum FAQ // G4TW downloads // Sims store, guides & more (beta) // G4TW on Piratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4



Please post game issues on the Forum only. For more general questions about site navigation, you may also e-mail me !


avatar
The_gh0stm4n
Supervising Moderator
Inspector General & Chief of Staff
Supervising ModeratorInspector General & Chief of Staff

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, GTA IV, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Antibirth & Afterbirth †
Male Posts : 13616
Points : 17969
Reputation : 1900
Join date : 2012-11-02
Age : 30
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Get To Work isn't showing up.

Post by ininacan on Thu 21 Jan 2016, 03:07

Np. Thank you for sticking with me here. I watched the video about 5x on how to install everything. I think I know what I did wrong. I followed all the steps except for when cutting the file and moving to programfiles86x...I did that one out of order. So...last night I went ahead and uninstalled everything...cleaned up any residual files...and reinstalled it following word for word on the video. Now I have other issues. At first the game wouldn't load. Showing me a new user data error. So I applied the Ultimate Fix. That didn't work so I followed the other instructions and deleted the text document. That was the winner. I have the game up and running now. When it first starts it gives me an error saying "Game unable to load Error Code: 3" I click ok and hit play. In create a sim the game crashes when I chose an aspiration..gives me the error "Sims 4 has stopped working". I went back and opened the game and picked a sim from my library with an aspiration already picked and hit ok to place household...I thought maybe I could figure out the aspiration thing later...BUT...when it went to the world screen...the screen is completely white...the only thing that shows is one left corner button that says Home and the title at the very top. The mouse moves but there's nothing to click on. I searched around for the aspiration problem...I renamed the file The Sims 4 file..the only thing that seemed to do was bring back the tips which weren't there the first time. I then tried to run as administrator which just freezes the game at the very beginning. SO! After doing all this...I go back...and try just the TS4 version...that one works perfectly..but it's missing the Get Together Expansion and the Sims meters above their heads are always black. Which at this point...I don't even care..the only thing I want from the Get Together Expansion is the Neighborhood Windenburg. This has given me a headache! Btw I have a 64 bit. Thanks for your help!

ininacan
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 3
Points : 468
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2016-01-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Get To Work isn't showing up.

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 22 Jan 2016, 22:24

@ininacan wrote:Np. Thank you for sticking with me here. I watched the video about 5x on how to install everything. I think I know what I did wrong. I followed all the steps except for when cutting the file and moving to programfiles86x...I did that one out of order. So...last night I went ahead and uninstalled everything...cleaned up any residual files...and reinstalled it following word for word on the video. Now I have other issues. At first the game wouldn't load. Showing me a new user data error. So I applied the Ultimate Fix. That didn't work so I followed the other instructions and deleted the text document. That was the winner. I have the game up and running now. When it first starts it gives me an error saying "Game unable to load Error Code: 3" I click ok and hit play. In create a sim the game crashes when I chose an aspiration..gives me the error "Sims 4 has stopped working". I went back and opened the game and picked a sim from my library with an aspiration already picked and hit ok to place household...I thought maybe I could figure out the aspiration thing later...BUT...when it went to the world screen...the screen is completely white...the only thing that shows is one left corner button that says Home and the title at the very top. The mouse moves but there's nothing to click on. I searched around for the aspiration problem...I renamed the file The Sims 4 file..the only thing that seemed to do was bring back the tips which weren't there the first time. I then tried to run as administrator which just freezes the game at the very beginning. SO! After doing all this...I go back...and try just the TS4 version...that one works perfectly..but it's missing the Get Together Expansion and the Sims meters above their heads are always black. Which at this point...I don't even care..the only thing I want from the Get Together Expansion is the Neighborhood Windenburg. This has given me a headache! Btw I have a 64 bit. Thanks for your help!


Do you have any mods that could be causing your problems ?


And are you sure you kept the recommended installation order as follows ?
1) TS4 Base game
2) Get to Work
3) Get together
4) "Hotfix", see this topic here.


You could also try moving the installation folder of The Sims 4, out from Program files (x86) and into a completely different location. For example, directly onto your desktop. Then try running the game from there.


We are getting lots of these problems lately with parts of the DLC "suddenly gone". We yet need to figure out what's behind all this. It could be a file/folder permissions error on these newer Windows systems (Windows 8, Windows 10). But we'll see...


And I'm not sure either at this point about those black plumbobs, I'm sorry. WhatDidUJustCallMe?

_________________
Regards, The_gh0stm4n



Forum rules // Forum FAQ // G4TW downloads // Sims store, guides & more (beta) // G4TW on Piratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4



Please post game issues on the Forum only. For more general questions about site navigation, you may also e-mail me !


avatar
The_gh0stm4n
Supervising Moderator
Inspector General & Chief of Staff
Supervising ModeratorInspector General & Chief of Staff

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, GTA IV, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Antibirth & Afterbirth †
Male Posts : 13616
Points : 17969
Reputation : 1900
Join date : 2012-11-02
Age : 30
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum