Made it all the through the process but Origin wants to update?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Made it all the through the process but Origin wants to update?

Post by easybaketoaster on Mon 25 Jan 2016, 03:47

My game will work with all of the files in their correct places but once starting the thesims4.exe file it automatically pops up the Origin log in screen for an update. What am I doing wrong?

I downloaded the base game and get to work from here, then added in the get together download which included all other packs, I did not use the sims 4 ultimate fix download because get together already had everything else in it?

easybaketoaster
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Made it all the through the process but Origin wants to update?

Post by CHall10006 on Mon 25 Jan 2016, 04:40

You should probably reinstall Make sure you add Program Files/The Sims 4 to your exception list, so RLDOrigin files don't get deleted
CHall10006
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Yandere Simulator, Life Is Strange, Geometry Dash, SimCity, Kitty Powers' Matchmaker, MySims, Party Hard, Firewatch, Emily Wants To Play, Five Nights at Freddy's, Outlast, Undertale, Slime Rancher
Male Posts : 76

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQIE_rjjl65g7hofin0s6mQ

Back to top Go down

Re: Made it all the through the process but Origin wants to update?

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 26 Jan 2016, 00:08

@easybaketoaster wrote:My game will work with all of the files in their correct places but once starting the thesims4.exe file it automatically pops up the Origin log in screen for an update. What am I doing wrong?

I downloaded the base game and get to work from here, then added in the get together download which included all other packs, I did not use the sims 4 ultimate fix download because get together already had everything else in it?

Hello and welcome to the forum @easybaketoaster,

Indeed, what the previous poster indicated. I wrote this topic here a while back, please have a good look at it:
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t18501-unable-to-start-initialization-error-at-startup-updated-on-11-9-2015

Basically, that is an introduction on configuring anti-virus exclusions but bear in mind that it is only meant as an introductory example, and you may need to do additional research on your own too, on top of that.

After you managed to do this, please re-apply the files from "Get together". Just re-copy and re-paste them over your Sims 4 installation, overwriting all existing files. Good luck !

Forum rules // Forum FAQ // G4TW downloads // Sims store, guides & more (beta) // G4TW on Piratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Please post game issues on the Forum only. For more general questions about site navigation, you may also e-mail me !

The_gh0stm4n
Supervising Moderator
Inspector General & Chief of Staff
Supervising ModeratorInspector General & Chief of Staff

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, GTA IV, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Antibirth & Afterbirth †
Male Posts : 13616

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum