Sims 3 Expansions

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Expansions

Post by Shenzi on Sun 31 Jan 2016, 13:58

Hello,

Before doing all the instructions on installing The sims 3 and aplly them, my problem was that, with only Sims 3 base installed, my adm controler would crash.I tried to install other expansions but it didn't work, until I installed Gerations expasion. Then, when I installed The sims 3 Generations, it would work, until it said " faillure in disk authentication". With your help, I have been able to make my game work. Thank you for that!!

But now, my question is: Is it okay for my to try and install other expasions? Do you think it will crash angain? If not, could you helpme and give me instructions on how to install them? 

Thank you very much!!

Shenzi
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 Expansions

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 01 Feb 2016, 18:43

@Shenzi wrote:Hello,

Before doing all the instructions on installing The sims 3 and aplly them, my problem was that, with only Sims 3 base installed, my adm controler would crash.I tried to install other expansions but it didn't work, until I installed Gerations expasion. Then, when I installed The sims 3 Generations, it would work, until it said " faillure in disk authentication". With your help, I have been able to make my game work. Thank you for that!!

But now, my question is: Is it okay for my to try and install other expasions? Do you think it will crash angain? If not, could you helpme and give me instructions on how to install them? 

Thank you very much!!

Hello and welcome to the forum @Shenzi,

What is an "adm controller" ? Do you mean the graphics driver for AMD graphics cards maybe ? And is your computer strong enough to handle the base game + expansions ? It is a known problem in especially weaker computers, that they cannot handle many expansions/stuffpacks, so using only a few (at a time) can be a workaround.
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14101

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shenzi on Mon 01 Feb 2016, 22:37

Hello Carlos, 

Thank you for answering me. Yes, that is what I was talking about. And to answer your question, before installing Windows 10, I had base + all expansions installed, so I think my computer is strong enough for it, I suppose..

Shenzi
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 03 Feb 2016, 03:32

@Shenzi wrote:Hello Carlos, 

Thank you for answering me. Yes, that is what I was talking about. And to answer your question, before installing Windows 10, I had base + all expansions installed, so I think my computer is strong enough for it, I suppose..

Hello again,

Yes, feel free to try and install other expansions if you like. As for the graphics card driver (?) or control panel crashing, try having a look at this topic here:
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t21716-excessive-fps-rendering-in-the-sims-3-updated-on-16-12-2015

I briefly mentioned there a particular setting in the AMD Catalyst Control Center, but I myself am mainly familiar with NVIDIA only, so you may need to do additional research on your own. Do you experience the same problem in other games too, by the way ?
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14101

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aɾყα on Wed 03 Feb 2016, 08:07

Carlos wrote:
@Shenzi wrote:Hello Carlos, 

Hello again,

Yes, feel free to try and install other expansions if you like. As for the graphics card driver (?) or control panel crashing, try having a look at this topic here:
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t21716-excessive-fps-rendering-in-the-sims-3-updated-on-16-12-2015

I briefly mentioned there a particular setting in the AMD Catalyst Control Center, but I myself am mainly familiar with NVIDIA only, so you may need to do additional research on your own. Do you experience the same problem in other games too, by the way ?

I will have a look at this later, in a couple of hours. Being an AMD user myself, maybe I can say something helpful about it.

"Under sun and sky, we greet you warmly"

Aɾყα
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)