Sims 4 No Longer Opens

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 No Longer Opens

Post by alexthejanitor on Sat 06 Feb 2016, 07:16

So I had this same problem when I first installed all the G4TW expansions, but I can't remember how I fixed it.

I have a legit copy of the base game and everything up to date from here. I was just fiddling around in my mods folder and reorganising stuff, and when I went to run the game as I always do, it wouldn't open. I didn't get an error message or anything, just nothing happened when I tried to run the game.

I have tried reapplying the ultimate fix but it didn't fix it.

Please help!

alexthejanitor
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 4 No Longer Opens

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 06 Feb 2016, 08:03

@alexthejanitor wrote:So I had this same problem when I first installed all the G4TW expansions, but I can't remember how I fixed it.

I have a legit copy of the base game and everything up to date from here. I was just fiddling around in my mods folder and reorganising stuff, and when I went to run the game as I always do, it wouldn't open. I didn't get an error message or anything, just nothing happened when I tried to run the game.

I have tried reapplying the ultimate fix but it didn't fix it.

Please help!

//MOVED

Hello and welcome to the forum @alexthejanitor !

Most likely your Windows Defender and/or third-party anti-virus deleted or damaged the No-Origin files of the game. Have you made sure to configure the exclusions in BOTH Windows Defender and your third-party anti-virus ? See this topic here for an introduction:
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t18501-unable-to-start-initialization-error-at-startup-updated-on-11-9-2015

But depending on your Windows system and the anti-virus that you use, you may need to do some additional research on your own. After configuring the exclusions (correctly), please re-apply the latest pirated update from G4TW ("Get together").

Also, did you disable automatic game updates in Origin ?
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 13756

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum