Cannot Save Game

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cannot Save Game

Post by wistfulprincess on Mon 08 Feb 2016, 15:58

Hi! I've been having issues, for a couple of days now, where I can't save my gameplay and an error message comes up. Usually, I play a couple more Sim hours and days before being able to save the game. However, this time, I have been trying to save for hours and the error message still comes up.

I took a screenshot of the error message above, for your reference.

Hope you can help me out! Thanks! Smile

//EDIT

I actually went to the Manage Worlds page and tried saving from there. I think it worked (at least the error message did not show up) but the whole game crashed right after. 

Upon opening the game again, I'm not sure if the time was correct but it didn't seem like I went back to the last time I was able to save. Is there anything I can do to address this issue?

Thank you! 

P.S.
I used "resetsim" for all of the Sims in my household before trying to save again, but it didn't work so I tried to save from Manage Worlds.

Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

Favourite games : The Sims 3; The Sims 4
Female Posts : 16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cannot Save Game

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 10 Feb 2016, 00:41

Hello !

Have you tried the option "save as" ? Also, see this here, and especially the part #4:
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t20396-unable-to-start-the-contents-of-your-user-data-directory-were-created-by-a-newer-version-of-the-sims-4-updated-on-29-12-2015

It refers to savefiles and backups of them. Can you try restoring an earlier version of your savefile, by the method mentioned there ?

G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum