World Adventures - No sim icons, buggy tombs, no quest objects, crash

View previous topic View next topic Go down

World Adventures - No sim icons, buggy tombs, no quest objects, crash

Post by heliosstcloud on Tue 09 Feb 2016, 03:29

When I go into Al Simhara, the game is buggy. The sim icons on the lower left (the ones you click to find and center in on your sim) do not appear. The world in general is buggy, including quest objects not appearing in tombs and tombs not operating correctly. After a few minutes, the game freezes and crashes.

• Clean game, no downloads or mods at all
  • I have all games and packs except Katy Perry and Diesel.
  • All games are from GFTW
  • Have applied Ultimate Fix
  • Have applied the Crack
  • Just re-installed the game fresh this past weekend (Feb 6, 2016) with GFTW files
  • Windows 8 laptop. 2 yrs old. 
  • Graphics set to medium
  • Into the Future world loaded fine. Moonlit Falls works fine. No other bugs detected. 

• i had this bug before on ALL vacation worlds with a DVD copy of World Adventures, after I downloaded other EPs from GFTW, except it was worse - the sims wouldn't show up at all (as if their flight got rerouted or something!).

I haven't seen this bug on the forum so idk if it's just me? Is this a known issue? Will the Traveler mod fix it?

ETA: Just ran the game again with the Ultimate Fix, and now Into the Future has the same error.

heliosstcloud
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: World Adventures - No sim icons, buggy tombs, no quest objects, crash

Post by Ɛɗιη on Tue 09 Feb 2016, 22:01

Hello,

Welcome to the forum.
While this specific issue is new to me, it would appear to me that there may actually be a mod that can help with this. Have a look at this page. Installing that mod is harmless, and it just may do the trick.

"Under sun and sky, we greet you warmly"

Ɛɗιη
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 14271

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: World Adventures - No sim icons, buggy tombs, no quest objects, crash

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 10 Feb 2016, 03:00

This is actually a well-known (and infamous) bug that has been around since the release of the "University"-expansion. This "travelling" system in The Sims 3 has become a total mess, and it affects travelling to these holiday destinations (Shang Simla, Al Simhara, Champs-Les-Sims), the university town and the future world.

The NRAAS traveler mod can help, but keep in mind that the system is still totally broken and not going to be fixed anymore by EA - as all the attention is on The Sims 4 now. I myself actually haven't travelled a long time now, in the game.

I wanted to write a guide on what to do if you get the "empty" interface as soon as you arrive in another destination after travelling, but we'll see.

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN ModeratorInspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, GTA IV, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout 3 & New Vegas, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth.
Male Posts : 12274

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum