The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection: changing the display language.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection: changing the display language.

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 09 Feb 2016, 13:25

Hello,

If you happen to have downloaded and installed the "Ultimate Collection" of The Sims 2 (see e.g. this topic here), you normally won't get any option whatsoever to select a specific display language. In the event that you want to change the in-game display language after the installation, there is no need to uninstall the game ! Instead, see the following.

Press the Windows key + R. In the small window that comes up type regedit and hit enter. If you have a 64-bit Windows operating system navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Fun with Pets Collection\1.0. If you have a 32-bit Windows system instead, navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Fun with Pets Collection\1.0.

See my example screenshot here (from my own 64-bit Windows system).

Double-click on where it says language. In the small window that pops up, replace the number or letter under the field "value data" with one of the following symbols in bold red font color, depending on what you would like to have as your new display language.

1 ... English (US)
2 ... French
3 ... German
4 ... Italian
5 ... Spanish
6 ... Swedish
7 ... Finnish
8 ... Dutch
9 ... Danish
a ... Portuguese (Brazil)
b ... Czech
c ... Hebrew
d ... Greek
e ... Japanese
f  ... Korean
10 ...Russian
11 ...Chinese (simplified)
12 ...Chinese (traditional)
13 ...English (UK)  
14 ...Polish 
15 ...Thai
16 ...Norwegian 
17 ...Portuguese (Portugal)
18 ...Hungarian

Close that small window then, and close the registry editor. Upon your next start of the game, and if you did the above correctly, your game should now be in the language that you selected in the registry editor. Have fun !

P.S. as stated initially, this is for those of you who have the "Ultimate Collection" of The Sims 2 via Origin. If you downloaded the "Complete Collection" of The Sims 2 from Games4theworld, you should always get a prompt - prior to the installation of each game component (base game/expansion/stuffpack) - about the language that you desire. You could change the language there too, by the same method as above. However, I am not 100% sure right now if it is enough to just change the registry under the registry-folder of the latest (installed) expansion/stuffpack. I recall that with the old retail disc versions of The Sims 2, it was recommended to change the registry in ALL of the games registry-subfolders. But I will write more on that, sometime else. Smile

DO NOT POST ANY QUESTIONS OR PROBLEMS IN THIS TOPIC HERE. INSTEAD, OPEN A NEW TOPIC IN OUR TS1/TS2/TS Medieval - SECTION ! ALL COMMENTS ABOUT QUESTIONS/PROBLEMS WILL BE IMMEDIATELY DELETED WITHOUT ANY ADVANCE WARNING !

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14472

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum