FullBuild_p15.package's purpose help please. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

FullBuild_p15.package's purpose help please. [SOLVED]

Post by pissed and fooled on Wed 10 Feb 2016, 19:44

I've been doing research and nothing is coming up, I figured someone here has to know the answer and a way to fix this. I have an actual Sims 3 supernatural DVD for the PC here (a very scratched one, just got it). FullBuild_p15.package seems to be unreadable or that's what I'm assuming. There's also Resource.cfg that's unreadable. So I used radkill unstopable copier to get the rest. I read on a forum here that a normal FullBuild package can't be replaced just like that so:

-What exactly does it do and can I replace it/play without it?
-Does someone have that other file (Resource.cfg) to share?

I figured I could copy the files, mount them as an ISO after I've replaced the right parts and try to install that?? My knowledge is very limited....

There's also a Mac update file that isn't readable but I figured I dont need that since I'm using a windows pc.

___
that second file might actually be just my clicky finger since it didn't even try with that file

pissed and fooled
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FullBuild_p15.package's purpose help please. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 10 Feb 2016, 23:51

@pissed and fooled wrote:I've been doing research and nothing is coming up, I figured someone here has to know the answer and a way to fix this. I have an actual Sims 3 supernatural DVD for the PC here (a very scratched one, just got it). FullBuild_p15.package seems to be unreadable or that's what I'm assuming. There's also Resource.cfg that's unreadable. So I used radkill unstopable copier to get the rest. I read on a forum here that a normal FullBuild package can't be replaced just like that so:

-What exactly does it do and can I replace it/play without it?
-Does someone have that other file (Resource.cfg) to share?

I figured I could copy the files, mount them as an ISO after I've replaced the right parts and try to install that?? My knowledge is very limited....

There's also a Mac update file that isn't readable but I figured I dont need that since I'm using a windows pc.

___
that second file might actually be just my clicky finger since it didn't even try with that file

Hello and welcome to the forum,

First of all, yes, you typically need all the files that are on the disc of a software/game (if you didn't need them, the game publisher most likely wouldn't have put them on the disc Wink ). Secondly, I'm afraid the disc is too damaged to recover anything from it. Yes, you "can" try and create an .ISO from the disc, but since it's so badly scratched, you are going to end up with read/write errors. 

The best thing that I can offer now is that you download a pirated version of "Supernatural", from Games4theworld's site here for example:
https://games4theworld.org/downloads.html

You'll need a torrent client to be able to download that. If you happen to be unfamiliar with that, feel free to read up on the tutorial here. As for the Supernatural-download, follow the included instructions, but do not apply the #Crack there. Instead, do the steps #2, #4 and #5 from this guide here:
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

That is all for now - good luck !

G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pissed and fooled on Thu 11 Feb 2016, 10:04

And this will work with the base game and expansions I have installed?

I can recover the FullBuild_p15.package from the original owner apparently and the other file too. The installer seems to find the files if they're in their right folders.

//EDIT

Also I didn't say this in my last message whoops but thankyou, I appreciate your help.

pissed and fooled
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 12 Feb 2016, 01:20

@pissed and fooled wrote:And this will work with the base game and expansions I have installed?

I can recover the FullBuild_p15.package from the original owner apparently and the other file too. The installer seems to find the files if they're in their right folders.

//EDIT

Also I didn't say this in my last message whoops but thankyou, I appreciate your help.

No problem at all. The pirated expansions of The Sims 3 work alongside the retail disc versions of the game as well with the Origin-versions. But I'm not so sure about the compatibility with Steam-based games.

If you can get hold of the disc data portions that are "un-recoverable", then yes, you don't need to re-download a pirated version.

Feel free to keep us posted about your progress here - I will leave the topic open for now. Smile

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pissed and fooled on Fri 12 Feb 2016, 18:32

Thankyou. The files were too big to send etc. but I'm sure the original owner of the disk will be glad to hear this. I downloaded the pirated version and it worked just fine even though my sims is a mish mash pile of updated parts and non-updated parts. I dont know where I'd be without these forums. The games are just too expensive for me. I appreciate your help and your work here on games4theworld.

pissed and fooled
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 13 Feb 2016, 10:00

@pissed and fooled wrote:Thankyou. The files were too big to send etc. but I'm sure the original owner of the disk will be glad to hear this. I downloaded the pirated version and it worked just fine even though my sims is a mish mash pile of updated parts and non-updated parts. I dont know where I'd be without these forums. The games are just too expensive for me. I appreciate your help and your work here on games4theworld.

No problem at all, and feel free to open a new topic anytime you need more support. Have fun ! Problem solved, topic closed. Smile

Tip: save the download of "Supernatural" somewhere, if possible, for example onto a USB flashdrive or an external hard-drive. That way you won't have to re-download in the event you e.g. need to re-install Windows or move on to another computer.

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum