Mods Malfunction

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mods Malfunction

Post by Mentality on Thu 11 Feb 2016, 18:39

I appreciate the fix for Get Together. It was a little different than previous fixes, but then again I had heard EA was making things harder. That done said, ever since I moved the game folder in Programs/x86 my mods in the folder in Documents have stopped working. Can anyone tell me what I need to do to get them to start working again?  Hmmm, sure?

Mentality
Mentality
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mods Malfunction

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 12 Feb 2016, 01:33

Mentality wrote:I appreciate the fix for Get Together. It was a little different than previous fixes, but then again I had heard EA was making things harder. That done said, ever since I moved the game folder in Programs/x86 my mods in the folder in Documents have stopped working. Can anyone tell me what I need to do to get them to start working again?  Hmmm, sure?

Mentality

Hello again,

Please note that the game version of the latest G4TW update ("Get together"), is 1.13.104.1010. You need to verify that the mods you have are also compatible with this specific patch version. If you cannot verify that, and your game continues crashing, then you will either need to do without those mods, or look for alternative mods, that are more up-to-date.

Good luck !

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14419

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mentality on Fri 12 Feb 2016, 03:40

Well it's not that the game is crashing, they just aren'tworking. And this is after I had just downloaded and put them in the mods folder. It's like the game doesn't see them installed.
Mentality
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 12 Feb 2016, 03:52

Mentality wrote:Well it's not that the game is crashing, they just aren'tworking. And this is after I had just downloaded and put them in the mods folder. It's like the game doesn't see them installed.

OK, but have you been able to verify the functionality of these mods, specifically with the patch version 1.13.104.1010 ? Also, check out this post here:
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t20991-cc-mods-not-showing-in-game-fix

It is possible that if you put the mods "too deeply" (i.e. inside too many layers of sub-folders within "Mods"), then they won't show up, and you need to make some slight changes to your Resource.cfg file.

But other than that, I'm afraid there isn't much else I can suggest, other than suggest to you again to verify the functionality of these mods, for example by contacting the mod creator(s) personally - if the available documentation & information is unclear on this.

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Builder on Fri 12 Feb 2016, 12:31

As of patch 1.13 you have to re-enable mods in your game. 

As mentioned in the official patch notes:
"For those players that use Mods and may not realize that an update has occurred, or that their Mods may conflict with the new update, we now automatically Disable Mods when we patch.
To turn them back on, open up Game Options, select the Other tab, and check on the Enable Custom Content and Mods option."

Hope this solves your problem.

Builder
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 12 Feb 2016, 13:04

Builder wrote:As of patch 1.13 you have to re-enable mods in your game. 

As mentioned in the official patch notes:
"For those players that use Mods and may not realize that an update has occurred, or that their Mods may conflict with the new update, we now automatically Disable Mods when we patch.
To turn them back on, open up Game Options, select the Other tab, and check on the Enable Custom Content and Mods option."

Hope this solves your problem.

Hello and welcome to the forum,

Assuming the OP paid attention when starting up the game there should always be a popup by default, stating that mods were disabled (and can be re-enabled in the options menu). Not sure if @Mentality noticed or tried that though, so yes, in this sense it's still worth checking on that, too. 

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum