Most CC not found. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Most CC not found. [SOLVED]

Post by FrlKarma on Thu 11 Feb 2016, 20:33

Hello there. Smile

I downloaded the basic TS3 Game as well as all of the expansions. So far, everything was working perfectly. I even downloaded some other CC villages such as Midnight Hollow etc. and they are showing up and working like a charm.

Now, going with the other CC such as hairs etc, most of them are not showing up. Actually, besides 3 CC files, everything else is not available. I do not get any errors or such, but not .package file nor the installed .sims3pack are to be seen in the game. Sad My game is up to date (1.67).

Someone on the official forum said to do the following:

1. Open your game
2. Open the Options Menu
3. Choose Game Options -> Other
4. Check Enable Custom Content & Mods
5. Exit & Restart game

But I can't Choose Game Options -> Other. I don't have that option. Ermahgerd

I'm really stuck in here... I hope you can help. Sad

FrlKarma
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Most CC not found. [SOLVED]

Post by Ɛɗιη on Thu 11 Feb 2016, 21:50

Hello,

Welcome to the forum.
Are these third party cc's?

"Under sun and sky, we greet you warmly"

Ɛɗιη
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 14271

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FrlKarma on Thu 11 Feb 2016, 22:23

Hey there, well, it's mostly CC from PeggyZone or the such. But even the officiall CC is not showing up, except the villages...

//EDIT

I already tried putting the CC on the desktop and just putting them in bit by bit, but just nothing shows up...

FrlKarma
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 12 Feb 2016, 02:16

@FrlKarma wrote:Hey there, well, it's mostly CC from PeggyZone or the such. But even the officiall CC is not showing up, except the villages...

//EDIT

I already tried putting the CC on the desktop and just putting them in bit by bit, but just nothing shows up...

Hello @FrlKarma !

This here comes to my mind as a possible solution to your issue(s):
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t2208-sims3pack-installed-world-inaccessible-or-wont-install-fix

But you should wait for Edin's feedback later on; maybe she has a better/less painful idea on how to deal with that.

As a personal remark, things like that are the reason I have come to avoid .sims3pack files as much as possible. In the rare event that I do use third-party (fan-made) custom content items, I almost always use the stuff only if it is in .package file format. Easy to install, and easy to remove, if they cause issues.

Very Happy

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN ModeratorInspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, GTA IV, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout 3 & New Vegas, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth.
Male Posts : 12274

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FrlKarma on Fri 12 Feb 2016, 10:26

Ok, I will wait then. But I suppose it is worth a try. Smile There is a tool from MTS3 that extracts all .sims3pack files to .package files. Maybe that's what I'll do to.

Thanks again, I'll keep you up to date on this matter Very Happy

//Edit: I couldn't wait, so I did what you suggested me to do. I uninstalled all .sims3pack items and tried some .package items... and they're showing up. I will try and put them in bit by bit to see if everything is working out... but for now, I am quite happy! Very Happy

FrlKarma
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 12 Feb 2016, 13:13

@FrlKarma wrote://Edit: I couldn't wait, so I did what you suggested me to do. I uninstalled all .sims3pack items and tried some .package items... and they're showing up. I will try and put them in bit by bit to see if everything is working out... but for now, I am quite happy! Very Happy

That's nice to hear. Very Happy  Hope you'll succeed in battling those nasty .sims3pack files, and feel free to keep us posted here !  alien

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, GTA IV, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout 3 & New Vegas, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FrlKarma on Fri 12 Feb 2016, 15:46

Carlos wrote:That's nice to hear. Very Happy  Hope you'll succeed in battling those nasty .sims3pack files, and feel free to keep us posted here !  alien

Thanks a lot. Very Happy  I used a program from ModtheSims called "Sims3Pack Multi Installer" to unpack all those .sims3pack files to simple .package files and it wooooooooorks. Can't touch banana  I'm never ever going to install any .sims3pack files.

Thanks again. Problem solved. Hammertime

FrlKarma
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 13 Feb 2016, 09:49

@FrlKarma wrote:
Thanks a lot. Very Happy  I used a program from ModtheSims called "Sims3Pack Multi Installer" to unpack all those .sims3pack files to simple .package files and it wooooooooorks. Can't touch banana  I'm never ever going to install any .sims3pack files.

Thanks again. Problem solved. Hammertime

Also keep in mind that if you are using too many .package files, that can cause issues of sorts. There is a way to merge those .packages though, if you haven't heard about it yet:
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t3840-combining-cc-in-package-format-updated-28-june-13

And since your problem seems solved, I will lock the topic now too. Feel free to open a new topic anytime again if you need more support. Have fun ! Very Happy

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum