Sims 2 How do I make my friends sleep at my house without cheats?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 2 How do I make my friends sleep at my house without cheats?

Post by Yap12353524 on Fri 12 Feb 2016, 16:00

I have the complete collection,but I don't know if THAT has anything to do with this problem.

I invited two friends(adults) at my house to sleepover,but they complain in the morning that they couldn't sleep.
I even put two single beds in a room,maybe I should separate them in two rooms?

Do I really have to woohoo with a sim if I want him/her to actually sleep at my house?   Facepalm

Yap12353524
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 5
Points : 690
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2016-02-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 2 How do I make my friends sleep at my house without cheats?

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 14 Feb 2016, 16:39

@Yap12353524 wrote:I have the complete collection,but I don't know if THAT has anything to do with this problem.

I invited two friends(adults) at my house to sleepover,but they complain in the morning that they couldn't sleep.
I even put two single beds in a room,maybe I should separate them in two rooms?

Do I really have to woohoo with a sim if I want him/her to actually sleep at my house?   Facepalm


Hello again,


Since those sims that you invite over are "NPCs", basically (=non-playable characters), you can't directly force them to sleep, unlike the sims from your active household. I remember from The Sims 3, that if non-household sims came over, they slept when thy wanted/needed it, but most often they just left the lot at some point without sleeping. I did not notice strangers in The Sims 2 actually sleeping overnight either, thus far.

Have you considered simply adding that sim into your household in The Sims 2 ? P.S. no, it doesn't matter where you downloaded your TS2 games from, as these in-game mechanics are the same everywhere.

_________________



G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4



Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!



avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830
Points : 19694
Reputation : 2095
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 2 How do I make my friends sleep at my house without cheats?

Post by Yap12353524 on Sun 14 Feb 2016, 18:55

Carlos wrote:
Hello again,


Since those sims that you invite over are "NPCs", basically (=non-playable characters), you can't directly force them to sleep, unlike the sims from your active household. I remember from The Sims 3, that if non-household sims came over, they slept when thy wanted/needed it, but most often they just left the lot at some point without sleeping. I did not notice strangers in The Sims 2 actually sleeping overnight either, thus far.

Have you considered simply adding that sim into your household in The Sims 2 ? P.S. no, it doesn't matter where you downloaded your TS2 games from, as these in-game mechanics are the same everywhere.


It appears that ONE friend actually slept autonomously on the spare bed now,i'm serious,i tried right after posting this topic,lol,the irony.
but maybe TWO or more sims that aren't friend with each other, won't sleep in the same single room,even if it's separate beds,i think that's the case. 

Yap12353524
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 5
Points : 690
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2016-02-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 2 How do I make my friends sleep at my house without cheats?

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 17 Feb 2016, 03:17

@Yap12353524 wrote:

It appears that ONE friend actually slept autonomously on the spare bed now,i'm serious,i tried right after posting this topic,lol,the irony.
but maybe TWO or more sims that aren't friend with each other, won't sleep in the same single room,even if it's separate beds,i think that's the case. 


Personally, I don't care much about in-game details like that. Nonetheless, that's an interesting theory, that I may test myself. Thanks for sharing this ! Very Happy

At some point though, it may be more feasible to just add that sim to your active household, than deal with the limitations that come along with "BFF" (or a similar) status.

_________________



G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4



Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!



avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830
Points : 19694
Reputation : 2095
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 2 How do I make my friends sleep at my house without cheats?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum