Can't install because of license key

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can't install because of license key

Post by cacoethes on Sun 14 Feb 2016, 03:37

I'm trying to install Sims 4 for the third time right now. I first downloaded it from another site but had an installation issue with a license key, so I deleted that and tried this site instead (because I downloaded Sims 3 expansions from here). I tried installing it again with this download (after using utorrent, which took like eight hours) and again it came up with the license key issue. I even went to the survey site and tried to do that to get a key, but that wouldn't work. I would follow the steps in this: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t21806-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-4-correctly but the first step says to install the base game, which I can't do because of the license key issue.
I had Origin open for the first two times but went offline and closed it for this third time, which I'm hoping will work. I tried looking it up both here and on Google but I'm not really seeing anyone else have this issue, or at least not in a way that helps me. I really want Sims 4 but I just can't get it without a license key and I don't have the money to buy the game  Why.
Update: the third time trying to install didn't work and asked for a license key again.

cacoethes
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

Female Posts : 2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Can't install because of license key

Post by Aaronthesimmer on Sun 14 Feb 2016, 12:04

Did you download The Sims 4 from the official Site here: https://www.games4theworld.org/ ?

Normally people from other sites will download this and make you go through a survey and pay for an unlock key that won't work.

Try downloading Sims again from the official site linked above

Aaronthesimmer
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA V, Sims 3&4
Male Posts : 25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by cacoethes on Sun 14 Feb 2016, 14:23

I did download it from there!! Torrented it & everything and it's still asking for a license key

cacoethes
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

Female Posts : 2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 14 Feb 2016, 16:28

@cacoethes wrote:I did download it from there!! Torrented it & everything and it's still asking for a license key

Hello and welcome to the forum @cacoethes,

A possibility could be that your anti-virus program(s) are messing with the game's files. Are you familiar with configuring "exclusions"... ? See this topic for an introduction, but depending on the programs that you have you may need to do research on your own too:
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t18501-unable-to-start-initialization-error-at-startup-updated-on-11-9-2015

After doing so, please remove/uninstall the game, and then re-install. Good luck for now and take your time !
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14087

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum