Origin currently not running. only 2 out of 100 installations failed!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Origin currently not running. only 2 out of 100 installations failed!

Post by Fursims on Sun 14 Feb 2016, 21:19

I am not the typical person who dont know how to install this game. i think i can say i became a pro if it comes to installing the sims 4. I am also not the type of person who just says they tried it all, but does not know what that means.

I have installed the sims 4 like a 100 times on 100 different pc's for people around of me.
Now its the second time i couldnt manage to install it without getting the error: origin is currently not running.
The game opens 1 sec and closes immediatly with this error.

I know what to do when this error pops up, but i cant get my head around these 2 times on 2 different pc's i couldnt fix it. What could it be???

With other pc's it was usually cause the crack was blocked or deleted. I put all sims 4 files and locations in the exeptions of all viruscanners on the pc and place the crack again, sometimes even a new downloaded crack just in case the old one is corrupted somehow.

I know also that origin shouldnt run or be signed in. I always make sure of that.

I even try to have origin and the game on the same station to be installed, cause i had this to be the problem once.

I also deleted origin first, then the sims 4, used cccleaner to clean the registry, closed and opened the pc, installed origin and then the sims 4 again with a new downloaded crack.

it doesnt work! it crives me nuts.. i just dont get it.. Who can help with new ideas???

Fursims
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Origin currently not running. only 2 out of 100 installations failed!

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 16 Feb 2016, 03:43

@Fursims wrote:it doesnt work! it crives me nuts.. i just dont get it.. Who can help with new ideas???

Hello and welcome to the forum @Fursims,

Sometimes, these little "security" programs can cause problems, like the "Web Companion" from Lavasoft. Deleting/uninstalling these programs can help. Also, if the computer had any previous anti-virus software, it may not have been uninstalled properly, and in that case you can use those "cleaner" tools that almost all anti-virus software publishers provide. These special tools are intended to remove defective installations of anti-virus software, but you can also use them to just remove the program.

Other than that I cannot suggest more I'm afraid. Sometimes a fresh Windows re-installation can help, but that's up to you.
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14733

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fursims on Tue 16 Feb 2016, 11:22

I understand. I did a check on the whole programs list and even deleted the files and folder from the regedit register. I used cc cleaner after deleting all those programs that might scan the pc on viruses.

I am totally out of ideas and my next option is a format of the pc. Its not my laptop, so i will have to suggest that he does that himself.

Hope soon there will be more clearification on what this problem could be and a way to check and clean out the whole register without formatting it. If we only knew..

Fursims
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 17 Feb 2016, 03:26

@Fursims wrote:I understand. I did a check on the whole programs list and even deleted the files and folder from the regedit register. I used cc cleaner after deleting all those programs that might scan the pc on viruses.

I am totally out of ideas and my next option is a format of the pc. Its not my laptop, so i will have to suggest that he does that himself.

Hope soon there will be more clearification on what this problem could be and a way to check and clean out the whole register without formatting it. If we only knew..

You initially mentioned that you failed only 2 out of 100 installations thus far ? If that even comes close to reality, then that's actually a good quota (as cynical as it may sound now). But still it's sad of course for these 2 people who cannot play a pirated Sims 4 without going trough a lot of hassle

In my experience, it either works or it doesn't. In the latter case, it's either a very easy fix (re-configure anti-virus exclusions for instance), or there is no fix at all besides re-installing Windows.

Modern pirated game files seem to have that 'aura' on them; it's not just The Sims 4. And all we can do is try and go with the time, and make the best of it.

P.S. we can't guarantee that we will be able to come up with any alternative solutions, anytime soon, I'm sorry. WhatDidUJustCallMe?
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14733

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum