Bad CC sticking to my game? [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bad CC sticking to my game? [SOLVED]

Post by LaylaBoo on Mon 15 Feb 2016, 03:17

Hey! I'm getting really desperate, so I thought I'd turn to the community for some answers.

My game keeps crashing at CAS, and I'm positive it's bad CC related because
1. The Sims 3 worked flawlessly previously, and nothing about my system has changed besides the fact that I reinstalled the Sims after a few months of having it uninstalled
2. My game only crashes when I go into accessories
3. I checked using Dashboard and it said it's CC related.

I pinned down what could be causing the bad CC, and I removed all of the .packages from the mods folder. However, those packages STILL appear in the game despite not being in the Sims 3 folder anymore. No matter what I do, they just won't go away. I deleted all the cache files numerous times, deleted everything in DCBackup, moved DCCache to the desktop; everything I do, they stay in game. I even tried a vanilla start of the game, and they were STILL there. They're not Sim3Packs, they're normal .packages. I've also tried the DEP technique and allowing the game to use more than 4GB, and neither did much.

In short: I've tried everything and the CC is sticking.

How do I get rid of it? In case anyone's wondering, they're CC from Tumblr by Chisami and Modish Kitten.

EDIT

I solved my issue! CC Magic created a separate folder with all my .package downloads called "default", and I completely missed that! I finally discovered the folder today in "Mods>Cache>Sets" and deleted all the CC inside of it, and my game was finally rid of it! Keeping the thread up in case someone else has the same issue! It also helps to delete all your other cache stuff afterwards.

LaylaBoo
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bad CC sticking to my game? [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 16 Feb 2016, 03:39

@LaylaBoo wrote:Hey! I'm getting really desperate, so I thought I'd turn to the community for some answers.

My game keeps crashing at CAS, and I'm positive it's bad CC related because
1. The Sims 3 worked flawlessly previously, and nothing about my system has changed besides the fact that I reinstalled the Sims after a few months of having it uninstalled
2. My game only crashes when I go into accessories
3. I checked using Dashboard and it said it's CC related.

I pinned down what could be causing the bad CC, and I removed all of the .packages from the mods folder. However, those packages STILL appear in the game despite not being in the Sims 3 folder anymore. No matter what I do, they just won't go away. I deleted all the cache files numerous times, deleted everything in DCBackup, moved DCCache to the desktop; everything I do, they stay in game. I even tried a vanilla start of the game, and they were STILL there. They're not Sim3Packs, they're normal .packages. I've also tried the DEP technique and allowing the game to use more than 4GB, and neither did much.

In short: I've tried everything and the CC is sticking.

How do I get rid of it? In case anyone's wondering, they're CC from Tumblr by Chisami and Modish Kitten.

EDIT

I solved my issue! CC Magic created a separate folder with all my .package downloads called "default", and I completely missed that! I finally discovered the folder today in "Mods>Cache>Sets" and deleted all the CC inside of it, and my game was finally rid of it! Keeping the thread up in case someone else has the same issue! It also helps to delete all your other cache stuff afterwards.

Hello and welcome to the forum @LaylaBoo,

Thanks for sharing that fix ! I'm not sure if the cache-file deletion method mentioned in this guide here does the same (as it only mentions the cache inside Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3), but I guess it's OK. 

Feel free to get back in touch with us anytime again ! Problem solved, topic closed. Smile

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN ModeratorInspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, GTA IV, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout 3 & New Vegas, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth.
Male Posts : 12274

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum