Sims disappearing and ErrorTraps notifications?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims disappearing and ErrorTraps notifications?

Post by Alerie on Mon 22 Feb 2016, 20:04

Hi. I have Sims 3 + Ambitions + Generations + Late Night + Pets + University Life with Ultimate Fix.

It's been a while since the last time I played TS3, but the only problem I remember is the lagging and loading times. Now my computer is better and I got a SSD.
So, it's a clean install from 0. PC was formatted yesterday.

I installed this mods: Overwatch, ErrorTraps and Story Progression. It's my first time using this mods, I know little about them, just the basics.
I also used the 4GB Patch on my TS3W.exe

Now, I have this two problems:
- When I started playing with my Sim I got a lot of ErrorTraps notifications... Why is this? It's a clean install, new game, new town, new Sim... and I'm already getting errors? Is this something normal with ErrorTraps?
- My Sim was socializing with another Sim, and suddenly they both disappeared from the place. My Sim appeared at home, and the other Sim wasn't listed in her friendlist, as if they've never met, they forgot each other :\ ... I had to search for him all over the town to meet him again.

There're some other glitches I can't remember now, but the game is doing weird things.

Is this caused by the mods or am I doing something wrong? Or did the game got buggier since last time I played? I'm thinking about going back to Sims 4, but I prefer S3's gameplay :\

Thank you

Alerie
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims disappearing and ErrorTraps notifications?

Post by Ɛɗιη on Mon 22 Feb 2016, 20:25

Hello,

Welcome to the forum.
I'm using those mods myself and never had any odd occurrences with them. It sounds like it could be a bug and errortrap is all over the place because of that.
What I would do is, see if it happens again. If it doesn't, it was a one time thing. If it does, we can try to figure out what's going on.

"Under sun and sky, we greet you warmly"

Ɛɗιη
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 14271

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alerie on Mon 22 Feb 2016, 20:44

Edin ElDi wrote:Hello,

Welcome to the forum.
I'm using those mods myself and never had any odd occurrences with them. It sounds like it could be a bug and errortrap is all over the place because of that.
What I would do is, see if it happens again. If it doesn't, it was a one time thing. If it does, we can try to figure out what's going on.

Thanks for the reply.
Do you have the 4GB patch too?

And, could you explain what does ErrorTraps do exactly? Maybe it was the cause of the sims disappearing because they caused some bug or something? :\

Alerie
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 22 Feb 2016, 20:51

@Alerie wrote:
Thanks for the reply.

And, could you explain what does ErrorTraps do exactly? Maybe it was the cause of the sims disappearing because they caused some bug or something? :\

Hello @Alerie,

The 4GB patch does not play a role here, so whether or not you have applied is not important. Smile

ErrorTrap is supposed to fix minor glitches with the in-game code. However, The Sims 3 still has tons of severe glitches, and I've seen it myself too, that in certain situations, I suddenly start getting tons of NRAAS notifications in the top right of the screen. Sometimes they literally make my game unplayable and I have to quit the game.

In your case, I hope you didn't save the game, after your sims "disappeared" ? Because if you did save the game, you might have a damaged savefile now...

Why. WhatDidUJustCallMe?

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN ModeratorInspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, GTA IV, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout 3 & New Vegas, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth.
Male Posts : 12274

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alerie on Mon 22 Feb 2016, 21:15

Carlos wrote:
@Alerie wrote:
Thanks for the reply.

Hello @Alerie,

The 4GB patch does not play a role here, so whether or not you have applied is not important. Smile

ErrorTrap is supposed to fix minor glitches with the in-game code. However, The Sims 3 still has tons of severe glitches, and I've seen it myself too, that in certain situations, I suddenly start getting tons of NRAAS notifications in the top right of the screen. Sometimes they literally make my game unplayable and I have to quit the game.

In your case, I hope you didn't save the game, after your sims "disappeared" ? Because if you did save the game, you might have a damaged savefile now...

Why. WhatDidUJustCallMe?

I saved Sad
Then I'll just start from 0 again. Creating a new game and cleaning the cache should be enough, right?

Another question. I feel like my town is a bit empty... I see some townies, but just a few pets, raccons don't appear in my yard, not a single gnome... Which mod is doing this, Overwatch or Story Progression?

Thank you Smile

Alerie
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 22 Feb 2016, 21:20

@Alerie wrote:
I saved Sad
Then I'll just start from 0 again. Creating a new game and cleaning the cache should be enough, right?

Another question. I feel like my town is a bit empty... I see some townies, but just a few pets, raccons don't appear in my yard, not a single gnome... Which mod is doing this, Overwatch or Story Progression?

Thank you Smile

OK, you saved. Are your sims still invisible ? Have you tried showering the invisible sim(s) and seeing what happens after that ? Also, there is the possibility of resetting the sim with the cheat console in-game: resetsim (first name) (last name). You could also reset the sim with the NRAAS Master Controller too.

I would have also suggested trying to save the sim(s) into the "bin", in Edit-town-mode. And then putting those sims into a new savegame, but I'm unsure whether that can do anything to help...

In general: if you notice any weird glitches all of a sudden, you should NEVER save the game. Only exit, without saving. It doesn't matter if it's Sims or any other video game.

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN ModeratorInspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, GTA IV, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout 3 & New Vegas, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth.
Male Posts : 12274

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alerie on Mon 22 Feb 2016, 23:06

Carlos wrote:
@Alerie wrote:
I saved Sad

Thank you Smile

OK, you saved. Are your sims still invisible ? Have you tried showering the invisible sim(s) and seeing what happens after that ? Also, there is the possibility of resetting the sim with the cheat console in-game: resetsim (first name) (last name). You could also reset the sim with the NRAAS Master Controller too.

I would have also suggested trying to save the sim(s) into the "bin", in Edit-town-mode. And then putting those sims into a new savegame, but I'm unsure whether that can do anything to help...

In general: if you notice any weird glitches all of a sudden, you should NEVER save the game. Only exit, without saving. It doesn't matter if it's Sims or any other video game.

I didn't explain myself well Oh my...
My Sim didn't turn invisible, she was talking with another Sim in the park. Then both disappeared from "there", and my Sim appeared back home, but not invisible. She forgot about meeting the other Sim, like amnesia :$
Anyways I will start a new game and see what happens.

Also, I have a totally different question about the game:
Do the expansions affect every "World"? For example:
- If I want to see pets in town, or neighbours adopting pets, do I MUST play in Appaloosa Plains or can it happen in other World, like Bridgeport for example?
- If I want to see Vampires from "Late Night" do I have to play in Bridgeport or can it by any world?
- If I want to see zombies, werewolves, fairies (neighbours and townies, not my sim) are they only in Moonlight Falls?

Thanks Embarassed

Alerie
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ɛɗιη on Mon 22 Feb 2016, 23:15

Hello,

You will see all those non-Sim characters in all of the neighbourhoods Smile
It may take a while for them to appear, but after 1 or 2 simdays, Story Progression will start letting them appear.

Ɛɗιη
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 14271

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alerie on Mon 22 Feb 2016, 23:23

Edin ElDi wrote:Hello,

You will see all those non-Sim characters in all of the neighbourhoods Smile
It may take a while for them to appear, but after 1 or 2 simdays, Story Progression will start letting them appear.

Story Progression as the mod, or EA's own mechanic?

Thanks, and sorry to keep bothering with this silly questions Embarassed

Alerie
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ɛɗιη on Mon 22 Feb 2016, 23:38

EA's storyprogression is a joke. The mod will take care of it Very Happy

Ɛɗιη
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :