[Cities Skylines] New maps not working!!!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[Cities Skylines] New maps not working!!!!!

Post by JohnyOak on Wed 24 Feb 2016, 15:10

Hi, 
after posting this, I tried multiple ways to add other maps bu also failed. Then I decided to create a new map with the in-game editor, but it still doesn't appear on the "New Game" menu (when it asks which map you want to play).
Can you help me? I'm tired of the base maps xD 
Thanks Smile

JohnyOak

JohnyOak
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, CS:GO, H1Z1, Cities Skylines, Total war
Male Posts : 15
Points : 618
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-12-28
Age : 22
Location : Portugal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Cities Skylines] New maps not working!!!!!

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 24 Feb 2016, 17:12

@JohnyOak wrote:Hi, 
after posting this, I tried multiple ways to add other maps bu also failed. Then I decided to create a new map with the in-game editor, but it still doesn't appear on the "New Game" menu (when it asks which map you want to play).
Can you help me? I'm tired of the base maps xD 
Thanks Smile

JohnyOak


Hello and sorry for the late reply,


I'm actually in the process of testing the new Cities Skylines: SnowFall DLC, but right now I am still on the patch level for the "After Dark" DLC. I've tried downloading a few custom-made maps (in the .crp file format), and the location where you need to put these files is this.




It's possible (or even very likely) that certain custom maps need a higher patch level. And since the current release of Cities: Skylines on G4TW is on a basic patch level, there might be some issues, but I can't tell for sure right now.

When I get to testing this new DLC, I will try and compile a new update, which I will then forward to @Admin for review. Stay tuned for more !  clown
avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14066
Points : 18662
Reputation : 1982
Join date : 2012-11-02
Age : 30
Location : San Fierro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Cities Skylines] New maps not working!!!!!

Post by JohnyOak on Wed 24 Feb 2016, 20:09

Carlos wrote:
@JohnyOak wrote:Hi, 
after posting this, I tried multiple ways to add other maps bu also failed. Then I decided to create a new map with the in-game editor, but it still doesn't appear on the "New Game" menu (when it asks which map you want to play).
Can you help me? I'm tired of the base maps xD 
Thanks Smile

JohnyOak


Hello and sorry for the late reply,


I'm actually in the process of testing the new Cities Skylines: SnowFall DLC, but right now I am still on the patch level for the "After Dark" DLC. I've tried downloading a few custom-made maps (in the .crp file format), and the location where you need to put these files is this.




It's possible (or even very likely) that certain custom maps need a higher patch level. And since the current release of Cities: Skylines on G4TW is on a basic patch level, there might be some issues, but I can't tell for sure right now.

When I get to testing this new DLC, I will try and compile a new update, which I will then forward to @Admin for review. Stay tuned for more !  clown
Yes, that is where i placed my files 
the "lookforthis" is the one I created in-game, the others the ones i downloaded
Sad

PS: HURRY UP WITH AFTERDARK! xD

JohnyOak
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, CS:GO, H1Z1, Cities Skylines, Total war
Male Posts : 15
Points : 618
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-12-28
Age : 22
Location : Portugal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Cities Skylines] New maps not working!!!!!

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 24 Feb 2016, 20:16

@JohnyOak wrote:Yes, that is where i placed my files 
the "lookforthis" is the one I created in-game, the others the ones i downloaded
Sad

PS: HURRY UP WITH AFTERDARK! xD


I can try doing some research, but at the moment I'm afraid I can't give a better solution to the problem, I'm sorry. Are you sure though that you are running the game as Administrator ? I tried downloading a few custom-made maps from this site named "Simtropolis" or so, and they showed up for me. But again, maybe you are having these issues because the patch version of G4TW's Cities Skylines is a very early one. Once we release the update, you may be able to use these customized things better.

The Admin also indicated that he is a bit busy at the moment, so I'm not sure how this will 'affect' any of the planned new releases. Right now, I could - with Admin's permission - provide a temporary upload of "After Dark", but it's not going to make much sense, because there is already the newer DLC named "Snowfall" out, which I wanted to test later on.

It's best to focus on "Snowfall" though, I guess. Very Happy  Even if it means to be a bit more patient for now.
avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14066
Points : 18662
Reputation : 1982
Join date : 2012-11-02
Age : 30
Location : San Fierro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Cities Skylines] New maps not working!!!!!

Post by JohnyOak on Wed 24 Feb 2016, 20:59

Carlos wrote:I can try doing some research, but at the moment I'm afraid I can't give a better solution to the problem, I'm sorry. Are you sure though that you are running the game as Administrator ? I tried downloading a few custom-made maps from this site named "Simtropolis" or so, and they showed up for me. But again, maybe you are having these issues because the patch version of G4TW's Cities Skylines is a very early one. Once we release the update, you may be able to use these customized things better.

The Admin also indicated that he is a bit busy at the moment, so I'm not sure how this will 'affect' any of the planned new releases. Right now, I could - with Admin's permission - provide a temporary upload of "After Dark", but it's not going to make much sense, because there is already the newer DLC named "Snowfall" out, which I wanted to test later on.

It's best to focus on "Snowfall" though, I guess. Very Happy  Even if it means to be a bit more patient for now.
I liked very much the After Dark DLC, but the snowfall didn't make that big of excitement on me xD Therefore I have no problem with an update without it Razz
I also agree that the answer is due to not having a certain fix WhatDidUJustCallMe?
Thanks for everything

JohnyOak
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, CS:GO, H1Z1, Cities Skylines, Total war
Male Posts : 15
Points : 618
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-12-28
Age : 22
Location : Portugal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Cities Skylines] New maps not working!!!!!

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 26 Feb 2016, 19:34

@JohnyOak wrote:I liked very much the After Dark DLC, but the snowfall didn't make that big of excitement on me xD Therefore I have no problem with an update without it Razz
I also agree that the answer is due to not having a certain fix WhatDidUJustCallMe?
Thanks for everything


No reason to thank here. Smile  Unfortunately, I did not get to test the new DLC yet, but no worries, I'll work on it (soon).
avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14066
Points : 18662
Reputation : 1982
Join date : 2012-11-02
Age : 30
Location : San Fierro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Cities Skylines] New maps not working!!!!!

Post by JohnyOak on Fri 04 Mar 2016, 17:52

How are we on this? Razz

JohnyOak
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, CS:GO, H1Z1, Cities Skylines, Total war
Male Posts : 15
Points : 618
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-12-28
Age : 22
Location : Portugal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Cities Skylines] New maps not working!!!!!

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 04 Mar 2016, 17:54

@JohnyOak wrote:How are we on this? Razz


Hello,


I get that you people are becoming impatient, but there is no need for any rush. It will come out when we are ready. Smile
avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14066
Points : 18662
Reputation : 1982
Join date : 2012-11-02
Age : 30
Location : San Fierro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum