Riverview Town

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Riverview Town

Post by AlexSimmer on Mon 07 Mar 2016, 20:37

Recently, I downloaded Sims 3 Store Riverview World from your other website, http://www.games4theworlddownloads.org/ When I installed via the the Launcher, before the installation started, it says: It looks like you have installed an unofficial game modification that does match your current version of The Sims 3. The version I'm running is 1.67. Is there an updated Riverview town or Is it just fine to play on as is?

AlexSimmer
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Riverview Town

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 07 Mar 2016, 21:44

@AlexSimmer wrote:(...) before the installation started, it says: It looks like you have installed an unofficial game modification that does match your current version of The Sims 3. 

Hello,

Are you sure this error comes up "before" the installation ? Because I only know this error coming up when actually running the game. And even then, it is an indicator of outdated mods. Do you have any such (outdated) mods ?
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14727

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexSimmer on Tue 08 Mar 2016, 03:16

Nope. The only thing I have installed is Riverview.

AlexSimmer
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 09 Mar 2016, 17:19

@AlexSimmer wrote:Nope. The only thing I have installed is Riverview.

Just form testing purposes: could you navigate to Documents\Electronic Arts and change the folder name of "The Sims 3", into anything else ?

Once you re-start the launcher after that, you should see a freshly-created folder named "The Sims 3", in that location. Put the .sims3pack file of "Riverview" into the Downloads-subfolder, and it should normally pop up in your launcher. Then try re-installing the world. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14727

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum