Sims 3 Stopped Working.....

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Stopped Working.....

Post by ILvSims on Tue 08 Mar 2016, 07:57

Not sure what the problem is but I have had to restart the gae a million times. I just redownloaded the game because I reset my computer and lost all downloaded games. I have tried the patch on the site but there is no package in the Zip file. ANy ideas?

Tea 1 Tea 4 Tea 5 Tea 3 Tea 2 Piece of cake.

ILvSims
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, The Sims 2, The Sims 3, The Sims 4, The Sims Midieval
Female Posts : 44

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 Stopped Working.....

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 09 Mar 2016, 17:16

@ILvSims wrote:Not sure what the problem is but I have had to restart the gae a million times. I just redownloaded the game because I reset my computer and lost all downloaded games. I have tried the patch on the site but there is no package in the Zip file. ANy ideas?

Tea 1 Tea 4 Tea 5 Tea 3 Tea 2 Piece of cake.

Hello again,

Which Sims 3 game(s) did you exactly re-download or re-install ? The "Complete Collection" of G4TW - or the older standalone base game of The Sims 3 (the one with the 2 .ISO images in it) ?

If you downloaded the "Complete Collection", the 1.67 manual patch is already included inside the #Crack-folder. If you downloaded the standalone basegame, you can find links for the 1.67 manual patch in this topic here.

One thing you should try and get used to for the future is this: try and get hold of something like an external hard-drive. Usually, they are connected to the computer via a USB-connection. It doesn't have to be anything fancy here, so you could as well go with something cheaper. And then use this hard-drive to actively back-up all your downloaded stuff, such as (pirated) games, movies/TV shows, music or whatever else you download. It's going to save you a lot of time and trouble, in case of computer problems or a re-install of Windows. Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14087

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ILvSims on Thu 10 Mar 2016, 00:28

Thanks!! Yes I learned that and I am going to back up my stuff no on onto an external one. I downloaded the complete collection from here. So maybe it has something to do with a script MOD I have. I will try them out and see.

ILvSims
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, The Sims 2, The Sims 3, The Sims 4, The Sims Midieval
Female Posts : 44

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aɾყα on Thu 10 Mar 2016, 08:54

Hello,

When you're having trouble running your game, the mods folder is always one of the first places to start.
To disable your mods temporarily,  you can drag the mods folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3.

"Under sun and sky, we greet you warmly"

Aɾყα
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)