Odd Instalation Issue...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Odd Instalation Issue...

Post by mojojojo90090 on Tue 08 Mar 2016, 18:12

Hello, 

I recently downloaded the Get Together Expansion from you guys, and I already have Get to work and the base game installed. I've been having a weird issue moving the files into the sims folder. For some reason all of the files will move without a problem except this specific one; "ClientFullBuild0.package" from the EP02 folder. It loads up to about 88% and freezes my computer. I'm not sure what is wrong.  Why God.

Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

Favourite games : anything sims
Female Posts : 4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Odd Instalation Issue...

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 09 Mar 2016, 17:43

Hello and welcome to the forum,

I fixed your image link too. Smile  Do you still have the torrent running in your torrent-client, under "seeding" ? If yes, please right-click on the torrent and selct STOP. Then right-click again and select "force re-check". This process can take a while to complete, but when done, please try re-extracting the download, into a fresh folder on the C: drive. 

Good luck for now and feel free to keep us posted !

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14339

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mojojojo90090 on Thu 10 Mar 2016, 15:17

Thanks. I didn't have the torrent seeding anymore because I removed it, so I just reloaded it and did the same thing. It always stops at 35% and gives me an error. I think the only thing I can do is just re-download the whole thing again...? Why.

Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

Favourite games : anything sims
Female Posts : 4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 12 Mar 2016, 07:30

mojojojo90090 wrote:Thanks. I didn't have the torrent seeding anymore because I removed it, so I just reloaded it and did the same thing. It always stops at 35% and gives me an error. I think the only thing I can do is just re-download the whole thing again...? Why.

Do you still have the original .RAR file in the download location of your torrent client ? If so, you could re-load either the torrent file or the magnet link, and then the torrent client should show your torrent as "checking". This check can take a while to complete, and at the end it should say "stopped".

See if you can get this done, and if you do, please try again the procedure I outlined before, with the "force re-check". There is no need (yet) for you to re-download the whole pack, provided you still have the original .RAR download in the original download location.

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14339

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum