Sims 4 base game instulation error...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 base game instulation error...

Post by cheylangley1 on Thu 10 Mar 2016, 20:54

Help me!!!!!
tried installing the base game for sims 4 and when I click The_sims_4_setup, I get an "Data error(cyclic redundancy check)"
I will add a screenshot so you can see. what does this mean??? I don't think I can use the sims ultimate fix because the game itself wont actually install. all I did was download the file from this website and extracted it. the farthest ive gotten was trying to install.

pleaaaasssseeee help!!
Attachments
Screenshot (48).png You don't have permission to download attachments.(355 Kb) Downloaded 2 times

cheylangley1
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 4 base game instulation error...

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 10 Mar 2016, 21:01

@cheylangley1 wrote:Help me!!!!!
tried installing the base game for sims 4 and when I click The_sims_4_setup, I get an "Data error(cyclic redundancy check)"
I will add a screenshot so you can see. what does this mean??? I don't think I can use the sims ultimate fix because the game itself wont actually install. all I did was download the file from this website and extracted it. the farthest ive gotten was trying to install.

pleaaaasssseeee help!!

Hello and welcome to the forum @cheylangley1,

Did you create an empty folder beforehand, and did you then extract the contents of the original .RAR file download, into that empty folder, with the program WinRAR ? Please do so, if you haven't. Smile  You can get WinRAR 5.21 here:
https://games4theworld.org/downloads.html

If you already did all that, do you still have the torrent in your torrent client under "seeding" ? If yes, please right-click on the torrent and select STOP. Then right-click again and select "force re-check". Wait until it's done and re-extract into the empty folder again.

Good luck and feel free to keep us posted !
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 13922

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by cheylangley1 on Thu 10 Mar 2016, 21:10

okay, nvm, I got it to install but now the game just wont start. I click the application button ts4_x64 but nothing would happen....

cheylangley1
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 12 Mar 2016, 07:33

@cheylangley1 wrote:okay, nvm, I got it to install but now the game just wont start. I click the application button ts4_x64 but nothing would happen....

That may be, because our instructions are from the time before TS4 had this 64-bit executable. We might change our instructions in future releases of The Sims 4, but for now, please move your installation folder of The Sims 4 under C:\Program files. NOT under C:\Program files (x86) ! Then, try running again the TS4_x64.exe. 
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 13922

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum