"Origin not running.." help pls?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"Origin not running.." help pls?

Post by legitpotato45 on Fri 11 Mar 2016, 03:43

Okay, so I'm seeing alot of people have this problem or a similar one and i need help too. I tried reading the other posts from users with similar issues but I think my issue is slightly different. Im going to try to explain to the best of my ability because i am fairly new to the world of pirating  Help I'm new here.

So, first things first, I downloaded the cracked based game of the Sims 4 (from this site), started up and it worked fine. 

Then I downloaded Get to Work expansion pack (also from G4TW) and followed the steps. I dragged and dropped the specified folders to TS4 base game. but when I tried to start it up, it kept giving me an error message saying it can't start up because origin is NOT running. I even tried having origin run offline in the background but still nothing.

What i feel sets me apart from the other users with this issue, is that while it was finalizing the download from uTorrent, uTorrent gave me an error message saying that theres a missing file or something (I didnt get to read it fully)  But yeah, im new at this so i was excited to get a little gameplay in while I download the Get Together Expansion Pack (also curtsy of this fantastic website) 

so I did what the instructions said in the GTW zipfile and dragged everything over but it didnt start. 

As we speak i'm re-installing the base game and re downloading GTW via uTorrent.

Any Idea where i went wrong? Any advice is much appreciated. My internet is a little slow when it comes to download speeds so  What he said.

Thank you in advance

//EDIT

UPDATE: now after reinstalling ts4 base game and following the steps, NOW its giving me an error message saying that:

"Unable to start"

The contents of your user data directory were created by a newer version of the sims 4 and cannot be loaded. please update your game via origin to play"

legitpotato45
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "Origin not running.." help pls?

Post by avelys on Fri 11 Mar 2016, 08:39

Well the second error, I think, you can fix by deleting the sims folder in Documents.

avelys
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "Origin not running.." help pls?

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 12 Mar 2016, 07:36

Hello and welcome to the forum to both of you,

You should (indeed) have a look at this topic here. Smile
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t20396-unable-to-start-the-contents-of-your-user-data-directory-were-created-by-a-newer-version-of-the-sims-4-updated-on-29-12-2015

Good luck, and feel free to keep us posted !
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14104

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum