Installed stuff.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Installed stuff.

Post by mandyjb86 on Fri 11 Mar 2016, 12:50

Hi
Im not sure whether anyone can help, but I have installed some custom content for my game and some of the installed content has a picture of a box instead of what the stuff actually is.  Does anyone know what this means please xx

mandyjb86
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Posts : 32
Points : 379
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2016-01-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Installed stuff.

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 12 Mar 2016, 08:16

@mandyjb86 wrote:Hi
Im not sure whether anyone can help, but I have installed some custom content for my game and some of the installed content has a picture of a box instead of what the stuff actually is.  Does anyone know what this means please xx

//MOVED


Hello again,


What happens if you try placing/using those items ? And does it happen with ALL your custom content, or just some items only ? I would go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3, and delete the following stuff:


-CASPartCache.package
-compositorCache.package
-scriptCache.package
-simCompositorCache.package
-socialCache.package
-plus the contents of the folders "WorldCaches" & "Thumbnails"



Re-start the game then and see if anything improved. 

_________________
Regards, The_gh0stm4n




The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN ModeratorInspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, GTA IV, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout 3 & New Vegas, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth.
Male Posts : 12316
Points : 16254
Reputation : 1703
Join date : 2012-11-02
Age : 29
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Installed stuff.

Post by mandyjb86 on Sat 12 Mar 2016, 15:42

It only comes up before I actually start the game and I'm not sure if they actually show up in my game because I don't know what they look like lol.  Also my game keeps kicking me out and says sims 3 has stopped working.  Does this mean I have a bad sim3pack installed and if it does how do I get rid of it xx

I've deleted the files you suggested and now I'm having problems installed custom content and my recycle bin is empty so I cannot replace the files.  Any ideas on how I can fix it so I can installed stuff.  The problem I'm having is the install bit stops responding xx

I think I may have to uninstall and reinstall everything as it will not load the sims 3 now.  All it does is comes up with a black screen with a blue circle in and thats as far as it goes.  Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated before I uninstall everything xx

mandyjb86
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Posts : 32
Points : 379
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2016-01-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Installed stuff.

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 15 Mar 2016, 01:46

@mandyjb86 wrote:It only comes up before I actually start the game and I'm not sure if they actually show up in my game because I don't know what they look like lol.  Also my game keeps kicking me out and says sims 3 has stopped working.  Does this mean I have a bad sim3pack installed and if it does how do I get rid of it xx

I've deleted the files you suggested and now I'm having problems installed custom content and my recycle bin is empty so I cannot replace the files.  Any ideas on how I can fix it so I can installed stuff.  The problem I'm having is the install bit stops responding xx

I think I may have to uninstall and reinstall everything as it will not load the sims 3 now.  All it does is comes up with a black screen with a blue circle in and thats as far as it goes.  Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated before I uninstall everything xx


You could try and change the folder name of "The Sims 3", located under Documents\Electronic Arts. Just change the folder name and see if your game at least starts. Smile

_________________
Regards, The_gh0stm4n




The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN ModeratorInspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, GTA IV, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout 3 & New Vegas, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth.
Male Posts : 12316
Points : 16254
Reputation : 1703
Join date : 2012-11-02
Age : 29
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Installed stuff.

Post by mandyjb86 on Tue 15 Mar 2016, 10:50

I'm reinstalling all games and packs now but thank you for your help.  I will post again if I need any more help but you can close this post now xx

mandyjb86
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Posts : 32
Points : 379
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2016-01-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Installed stuff.

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 18 Mar 2016, 01:01

@mandyjb86 wrote:I'm reinstalling all games and packs now but thank you for your help.  I will post again if I need any more help but you can close this post now xx


In general, it's a good idea to be careful with .sims3pack files that contain fan-made/third-party custom content, since it can be hard to remove them in the event of problems. On the other hand, .package files can normally be removed quite easily. Smile

_________________
Regards, The_gh0stm4n




The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN ModeratorInspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, GTA IV, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout 3 & New Vegas, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth.
Male Posts : 12316
Points : 16254
Reputation : 1703
Join date : 2012-11-02
Age : 29
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum