Origin is currently not running.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Origin is currently not running.

Post by biancamilo on Fri 25 Mar 2016, 13:24

Hello!

As soon as I started playing the sims 4, everything was going well. Also, I downloaded the Sims 4: Get to Work and followed all the instructions. But as I downloaded the Sims 4: Get Together, I had some problems opening the game. The message "Unable to start: Origin is currently not running. Please make sure that Origin is running before attempting to play the sims 4 [d3382ced]" started to appear. I followed the instructions on the .zip file. I moved "The Sims 4" folder to the C:\Program Files\ (since the Program Files (x86) folder was no where to be found) which made me new installation location in C:\Program Files\The Sims 4\ then dropped all folders in the new installation location.

I honestly don't know what I did wrong but please help  Smile Smile

biancamilo
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 4
Points : 461
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2016-03-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Origin is currently not running.

Post by XxSIMSloverxX on Fri 25 Mar 2016, 21:37

the same thing happened to me so I went into C:\Program Files\The Sims 4\Game\Bin and instead of launching the ts4 I launched the ts464 and it worked
avatar
XxSIMSloverxX
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : the sims 4
Male Posts : 11
Points : 1673
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2012-12-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Origin is currently not running.

Post by biancamilo on Sat 26 Mar 2016, 04:37

@XxSIMSloverxX wrote:the same thing happened to me so I went into C:\Program Files\The Sims 4\Game\Bin and instead of launching the ts4 I launched the ts464 and it worked

I tried to launch the TS4_x64 but a new message appeared: "The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Check your computer's system information to see whether you need an x86 (32bit) or x64 (64bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher." I checked the system information and found that I was operating in a 32 bit but had no Program Files x86 folder.

But thank you @XxSIMSloverxXSmile

biancamilo
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 4
Points : 461
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2016-03-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Origin is currently not running.

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 26 Mar 2016, 07:18

@biancamilo wrote:
I tried to launch the TS4_x64 but a new message appeared: "The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Check your computer's system information to see whether you need an x86 (32bit) or x64 (64bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher." I checked the system information and found that I was operating in a 32 bit but had no Program Files x86 folder.

But thank you @XxSIMSloverxXSmile

Hello and welcome to the forum @biancomilo,


Your Windows Defender and/or anti-virus program is messing with the game files, and you need to check whether you added the install location of your game to the "exclusions" of Windows Defender, or the anti-virus. The default install location will normally be this here:

C:\Program files\The Sims 4

So you need to add this location to the "exclusions" in your security software. I've written a topic about the basics here, but depending on what programs you are using you may need to do some research on your own too. 

After you correctly configured the exclusions, please re-apply the latest updates for The Sims 4, namely "Get together" and the Hotfix. Good luck for now !
avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 13755
Points : 18229
Reputation : 1918
Join date : 2012-11-02
Age : 30
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Origin is currently not running.

Post by biancamilo on Sun 27 Mar 2016, 15:15

Carlos wrote:
@biancamilo wrote:
I tried to launch the TS4_x64 but a new message appeared: "The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Check your computer's system information to see whether you need an x86 (32bit) or x64 (64bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher." I checked the system information and found that I was operating in a 32 bit but had no Program Files x86 folder.

But thank you @XxSIMSloverxXSmile

Hello and welcome to the forum @biancomilo,


Your Windows Defender and/or anti-virus program is messing with the game files, and you need to check whether you added the install location of your game to the "exclusions" of Windows Defender, or the anti-virus. The default install location will normally be this here:

C:\Program files\The Sims 4

So you need to add this location to the "exclusions" in your security software. I've written a topic about the basics here, but depending on what programs you are using you may need to do some research on your own too. 

After you correctly configured the exclusions, please re-apply the latest updates for The Sims 4, namely "Get together" and the Hotfix. Good luck for now !


Thank you so much, @Carlos! I'll work on it  Smile

biancamilo
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 4
Points : 461
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2016-03-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Origin is currently not running.

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 27 Mar 2016, 16:42

@biancamilo wrote:
Thank you so much, @Carlos! I'll work on it  Smile


It may involve some work, but once you figured out how to do it (on your own, or maybe with the help of other users or team members here), you won't easily forget it, and you will also know what to do in case you need to re-install Windows, or when you install the game on another computer, for a friend, relative or someone else. So it's worth the effort I guess. Very Happy
avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 13755
Points : 18229
Reputation : 1918
Join date : 2012-11-02
Age : 30
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Origin is currently not running.

Post by biancamilo on Mon 04 Apr 2016, 11:59

Carlos wrote:
@biancamilo wrote:
Thank you so much, @Carlos! I'll work on it  Smile


It may involve some work, but once you figured out how to do it (on your own, or maybe with the help of other users or team members here), you won't easily forget it, and you will also know what to do in case you need to re-install Windows, or when you install the game on another computer, for a friend, relative or someone else. So it's worth the effort I guess. Very Happy

The Sims 4 is worth all efforts Very Happy Very Happy Just an update, everything's working now - from the get to work to the get together expansion pack to everything! I'm so happy! Thank you so so much @Carlos! I'm so grateful Very Happy Very Happy Games 4 The World is the best  Carlos is tha man!!!

biancamilo
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 4
Points : 461
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2016-03-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum