TS2 Disk Required for Installation. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

TS2 Disk Required for Installation. [SOLVED]

Post by MarioMinecraftMix on Sun 27 Mar 2016, 03:29

I'm actually having problems, too, if someone could help me out. I'm following the instructions exactly as they told me, but now I'm stuck at installing The Sims 2: Open for Business on Step 3. It says to install this, then do the patches. But as I try to install this expansion, it prompts me with Please insert disk number 1. I can't do anything, other than click "OK" (which only brings it back up immediately) or close it, cancelling the installation. What do I do to fix this, so I can continue the full installation of The Sims 2: Complete Collection?


Last edited by MarioMinecraftMix on Sun 27 Mar 2016, 16:31; edited 1 time in total

MarioMinecraftMix
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Posts : 25
Points : 798
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2015-07-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TS2 Disk Required for Installation. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 27 Mar 2016, 09:57

@MarioMinecraftMix wrote:I'm actually having problems, too, if someone could help me out. I'm following the instructions exactly as they told me, but now I'm stuck at installing The Sims 2: Open for Business on Step 3. It says to install this, then do the patches. But as I try to install this expansion, it prompts me with Please insert disk number 1. I can't do anything, other than click "OK" (which only brings it back up immediately) or close it, cancelling the installation. What do I do to fix this, so I can continue the full installation of The Sims 2: Complete Collection?


//SPLIT


Hello and welcome to the forum,

Please try moving the (entire) folder containing the installer of "Open for business", to the desktop. Then resume the installation from there. Good luck !
avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14104
Points : 18713
Reputation : 1989
Join date : 2012-11-02
Age : 30
Location : San Fierro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TS2 Disk Required for Installation. [SOLVED]

Post by MarioMinecraftMix on Sun 27 Mar 2016, 16:34

Carlos wrote:
@MarioMinecraftMix wrote:I'm actually having problems, too, if someone could help me out. I'm following the instructions exactly as they told me, but now I'm stuck at installing The Sims 2: Open for Business on Step 3. It says to install this, then do the patches. But as I try to install this expansion, it prompts me with Please insert disk number 1. I can't do anything, other than click "OK" (which only brings it back up immediately) or close it, cancelling the installation. What do I do to fix this, so I can continue the full installation of The Sims 2: Complete Collection?


//SPLIT


Hello and welcome to the forum,

Please try moving the (entire) folder containing the installer of "Open for business", to the desktop. Then resume the installation from there. Good luck !
It worked. Thank you!

I'm assuming I just need to do this, in case it happens again with another one? Or does it only apply to Open for Business?

MarioMinecraftMix
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Posts : 25
Points : 798
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2015-07-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TS2 Disk Required for Installation. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 27 Mar 2016, 16:40

@MarioMinecraftMix wrote:It worked. Thank you!

I'm assuming I just need to do this, in case it happens again with another one? Or does it only apply to Open for Business?


I'm having the issue myself, so far with University, Open for Business, and 1-2 others (which I can't recall right anymore). It may be different though for some other users. And yes, you basically need to do the same whenever you encounter that error again. Smile
avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14104
Points : 18713
Reputation : 1989
Join date : 2012-11-02
Age : 30
Location : San Fierro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TS2 Disk Required for Installation. [SOLVED]

Post by MarioMinecraftMix on Sun 27 Mar 2016, 16:49

Carlos wrote:
@MarioMinecraftMix wrote:It worked. Thank you!

I'm assuming I just need to do this, in case it happens again with another one? Or does it only apply to Open for Business?


I'm having the issue myself, so far with University, Open for Business, and 1-2 others (which I can't recall right anymore). It may be different though for some other users. And yes, you basically need to do the same whenever you encounter that error again. Smile
Okay, thanks! That helps a lot. Now I can continue with the complete installation. Oh my...


SOLVED




Mod edit: do let us know if you need more support in the future ! Just open a new topic then. Have fun, and good luck ! Problem solved, topic closed.

- Carlos

MarioMinecraftMix
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Posts : 25
Points : 798
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2015-07-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum