Cannot interact with other sims?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cannot interact with other sims?

Post by Erinyss on Mon 04 Apr 2016, 04:00

Hi, sorry to be a bother, but after digging trough the web for a while and trying the only available solution that I've come across and finding that it does not work for me, I'm going to have to seek help here.

My issue currently is that I cannot open interaction menu (change outfit, etc.) for my sims, nor can I interact with other sims. It simply does not bring up anything. I can click, wait a while, nothing will happen, I can spam click, nothing will happen, same with shift clicking white testingcheats true is on. It does not bring up any type of menu.
I can eat, cook, paint, play with the computer, open work, needs, aspiration and all of those tabs, everything works perfectly, but my sims do not have an option to interact with others unless they do it on their own freewill, which they don't seem to do.

I have not changed anything and I was playing the game perfectly fine just 3 days ago. My computer has had been off since 3 days ago, so it is impossible for anything new to have been added that could change how the game works.

I have used a custom content checker, to see if there is anything that isn't compatible with the game, that didn't seem to be the case.
I have removed my mods folder, removed all save related files from respective folders.
I have tried running the game without mods and starting a completely new game, that did not work as I still couldn't have the sim interact with others or open up it's own option menu.

The solution that I found was on an EA bug report forum for Sims 4 was to increase text size to medium - 125%, but that did not work for me, even after I tried restarting several times and running it like that. 

I'd like to know if there is any other solution or if this is an update related issue, before I reinstall, or if reinstalling will even fix this.

I have installed all the games and updates chronologically since you've been releasing them.

Thank you and sorry for the really long post.

EDIT:

So after chatting with a friend and tinkering around with this issue, I renamed my Documents/Electronic Arts Sims 4 folder to something else and ran the game again. 

It seems to be running okay for now, although I've yet to see if CC/Mods will affect it in any possible way.

Erinyss
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cannot interact with other sims?

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 07 Apr 2016, 19:10

@Erinyss wrote:Hi, sorry to be a bother, but after digging trough the web for a while and trying the only available solution that I've come across and finding that it does not work for me, I'm going to have to seek help here.

My issue currently is that I cannot open interaction menu (change outfit, etc.) for my sims, nor can I interact with other sims. It simply does not bring up anything. I can click, wait a while, nothing will happen, I can spam click, nothing will happen, same with shift clicking white testingcheats true is on. It does not bring up any type of menu.
I can eat, cook, paint, play with the computer, open work, needs, aspiration and all of those tabs, everything works perfectly, but my sims do not have an option to interact with others unless they do it on their own freewill, which they don't seem to do.

I have not changed anything and I was playing the game perfectly fine just 3 days ago. My computer has had been off since 3 days ago, so it is impossible for anything new to have been added that could change how the game works.

I have used a custom content checker, to see if there is anything that isn't compatible with the game, that didn't seem to be the case.
I have removed my mods folder, removed all save related files from respective folders.
I have tried running the game without mods and starting a completely new game, that did not work as I still couldn't have the sim interact with others or open up it's own option menu.

The solution that I found was on an EA bug report forum for Sims 4 was to increase text size to medium - 125%, but that did not work for me, even after I tried restarting several times and running it like that. 

I'd like to know if there is any other solution or if this is an update related issue, before I reinstall, or if reinstalling will even fix this.

I have installed all the games and updates chronologically since you've been releasing them.

Thank you and sorry for the really long post.

EDIT:

So after chatting with a friend and tinkering around with this issue, I renamed my Documents/Electronic Arts Sims 4 folder to something else and ran the game again. 

It seems to be running okay for now, although I've yet to see if CC/Mods will affect it in any possible way.

Hello again and sorry for the late reply,

I'm not exactly sure why this thing with increasing font/text size to 125% helps, but I imagine it will be more helpful with graphics-related glitches. As for your interaction problem, if you have a savefile that you would like to continue on, just copy the "saves" subfolder from the old TS4 folder (that you renamed), and paste it into your fresh TS4 folder. See if the glitch comes back again. If it doesn't it could also be an indicator of a damaged or corrupted save.
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14081

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cannot interact with other sims?

Post by Erinyss on Mon 11 Apr 2016, 15:00

Carlos wrote:

Hello again and sorry for the late reply,

I'm not exactly sure why this thing with increasing font/text size to 125% helps, but I imagine it will be more helpful with graphics-related glitches. As for your interaction problem, if you have a savefile that you would like to continue on, just copy the "saves" subfolder from the old TS4 folder (that you renamed), and paste it into your fresh TS4 folder. See if the glitch comes back again. If it doesn't it could also be an indicator of a damaged or corrupted save.

Hi, thank you for responding. It appears to have been a mod issue, although it still happened after the mod folder had been removed, which is why I'm a little confused about it, but I honestly won't ponder on it, seeing as the game works just fine now. 

It had something to do with the pose player or poses, I didn't look into what exactly was causing the issue, but after removing pose folder from my mod folder, it seemed to work just fine. I'm currently assuming it's update related, though I'm not completely sure.

Thanks again and hope you have a lovely day.  Tea 2

Erinyss
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum