The file is corrupted and unreadable

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The file is corrupted and unreadable

Post by lephanaji on Sun 10 Apr 2016, 08:54

Hello! 
Yesterday I installed the Sims 3 and few expansion packs, it was working perfectly, but today it isn't working. 
When I run it I get this message:


and when I try to uninstall it I get this:


does anybody have any idea what could it be? I downloaded everything from this site and installed it correctly.
avatar
lephanaji
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, The Sims 4, Minecraft
Female Posts : 15
Points : 694
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2016-01-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The file is corrupted and unreadable

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 10 Apr 2016, 11:18

Hello,


Before this error started happening, did you maybe move around the installed files/folders ? And what happens if you re-apply the Ultimate fix ?

_________________
Respectfully,

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper




avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14462
Points : 19188
Reputation : 2037
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The file is corrupted and unreadable

Post by lephanaji on Sun 10 Apr 2016, 11:30

Carlos wrote:Hello,


Before this error started happening, did you maybe move around the installed files/folders ? And what happens if you re-apply the Ultimate fix ?

No, I didn't move any files around, I played it once. I tried re-applying it, but it didn't let me, it showed me that there was some kind of an error, I couldn't even go to other expansion packs' folders because I got the same error..I couldn't move anything in or out of the folder. 

 I was searching the internet and I found some topic saying I should run cmd prompt and write something in so I did and it removed all of exp packs folders (Into the Future, Generations and Seasons) except Ambitions and The Sims 3 folder. I was able to uninstall it and now I'm reinstalling everything back to see where is the problem. Will inform you when I start the game.
avatar
lephanaji
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, The Sims 4, Minecraft
Female Posts : 15
Points : 694
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2016-01-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The file is corrupted and unreadable

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 10 Apr 2016, 15:46

lephanaji wrote:
No, I didn't move any files around, I played it once. I tried re-applying it, but it didn't let me, it showed me that there was some kind of an error, I couldn't even go to other expansion packs' folders because I got the same error..I couldn't move anything in or out of the folder. 

 I was searching the internet and I found some topic saying I should run cmd prompt and write something in so I did and it removed all of exp packs folders (Into the Future, Generations and Seasons) except Ambitions and The Sims 3 folder. I was able to uninstall it and now I'm reinstalling everything back to see where is the problem. Will inform you when I start the game.


You probably used the "chkdsk"-command for that ? That can sometimes help, but if it does, the drive can be used as before - so I'm not sure if the un-installation would have been really necessary in your case. I used that command myself once or twice because a folder that I pasted there from another drive wouldn't show up. After running the check, the drive was usable, and I could see + access this folder.

Good luck nonetheless. Smile


//EDIT

Did your drive have the letter "G:\" when you first installed TS3 on it - or did that drive have a different letter during the installation ?

_________________
Respectfully,

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper




avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14462
Points : 19188
Reputation : 2037
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The file is corrupted and unreadable

Post by lephanaji on Sun 10 Apr 2016, 18:03

Carlos wrote:
lephanaji wrote:
No, I didn't move any files around, I played it once. I tried re-applying it, but it didn't let me, it showed me that there was some kind of an error, I couldn't even go to other expansion packs' folders because I got the same error..I couldn't move anything in or out of the folder. 

 I was searching the internet and I found some topic saying I should run cmd prompt and write something in so I did and it removed all of exp packs folders (Into the Future, Generations and Seasons) except Ambitions and The Sims 3 folder. I was able to uninstall it and now I'm reinstalling everything back to see where is the problem. Will inform you when I start the game.


You probably used the "chkdsk"-command for that ? That can sometimes help, but if it does, the drive can be used as before - so I'm not sure if the un-installation would have been really necessary in your case. I used that command myself once or twice because a folder that I pasted there from another drive wouldn't show up. After running the check, the drive was usable, and I could see + access this folder.

Good luck nonetheless. Smile


//EDIT

Did your drive have the letter "G:\" when you first installed TS3 on it - or did that drive have a different letter during the installation ?

Yeah, that command. After I ran it, I tried running the game but I wasn't able to do it still, laucnher was messed up and few stuff were missing in "Bin" folder so I uninstalled it and tried again. Everything is working great, for now, hopefully forever. 

Yes I chose the G drive during the installation.
avatar
lephanaji
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, The Sims 4, Minecraft
Female Posts : 15
Points : 694
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2016-01-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The file is corrupted and unreadable

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 10 Apr 2016, 18:43

lephanaji wrote:
Yeah, that command. After I ran it, I tried running the game but I wasn't able to do it still, laucnher was messed up and few stuff were missing in "Bin" folder so I uninstalled it and tried again. Everything is working great, for now, hopefully forever. 

Yes I chose the G drive during the installation.


The thing is, you might experience the same issue again at some point. I would suggest - if possible - to either free up more space on the C: drive, or to invest in a bigger hard drive and starting afresh there. Smile

_________________
Respectfully,

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper




avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14462
Points : 19188
Reputation : 2037
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum