Can't start the game because i need to update? :s

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can't start the game because i need to update? :s

Post by Astile on Mon 11 Apr 2016, 20:35

Hey!

4 days ago i download The Sims 4 from here, installed get to work & the ultimate fix. The past days i could play fine, but i wanted to connect to Origin for some houses and stuff but i couldnt because it kept loading for 15-30 minutes and didnt do anything. So i read the forums and found that i had to download CAS Demo & see if i can log in there so i did and i could log in there. Then i wanted to start The Sims 4 and i couldnt it wouldnt appear or anythin so i closed Origin and then when i tryed again to start the game up this came up:

Its saying that my data has been created with a newer version of The sims 4 and cannot be loaded. And that i have to do an update through Origin.

So am kinda stuck here and dont know what to do  Oh my...

Thanks anyway!  I tip my fedora.

Astile
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Can't start the game because i need to update? :s

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 11 Apr 2016, 20:40

@Astile wrote:Hey!

4 days ago i download The Sims 4 from here, installed get to work & the ultimate fix. The past days i could play fine, but i wanted to connect to Origin for some houses and stuff but i couldnt because it kept loading for 15-30 minutes and didnt do anything. So i read the forums and found that i had to download CAS Demo & see if i can log in there so i did and i could log in there. Then i wanted to start The Sims 4 and i couldnt it wouldnt appear or anythin so i closed Origin and then when i tryed again to start the game up this came up:

Its saying that my data has been created with a newer version of The sims 4 and cannot be loaded. And that i have to do an update through Origin.

So am kinda stuck here and dont know what to do  Oh my...

Thanks anyway!  I tip my fedora.

Hello and welcome to the forum @Astile,

See this here:
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t20396-unable-to-start-the-contents-of-your-user-data-directory-were-created-by-a-newer-version-of-the-sims-4-updated-on-29-12-2015

You should be doing fine though by only deleting the GameVersion.txt file that is located under Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4. Beyond that, I strongly suggest though that you also install the "Get together"-expansion, which you can get either as a direct download here or as a torrent from the official downloads site.

After installing that, apply the little hotfix. There seem to be some in-game problems with using the Ultimate fix, unfortunately, and we may think about taking the fix-links down sooner or later.

Good luck anyhow !

G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Astile on Mon 11 Apr 2016, 20:42

Okay thank you very much i'll try it right now! ^^

Astile
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 11 Apr 2016, 20:49

@Astile wrote:Okay thank you very much i'll try it right now! ^^

Sure thing. Smile  However, if you applied pirated DLC to an Origin base-game of The Sims 4 you cannot access the gallery (anymore). You can either keep the legit + pirated Sims 4 games on separate computers, and transfer the "Tray"-file back-and-forth. Or (the more difficult) solution is that you have both games installed on the same computer, but on different filepaths, and you then also need to meddle with your folder under Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4.

There was another thread on here, which you might want to read up on, if you want to learn about more on this.
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t22519-library-legal-base-game-pirate-expansions

It used to be possible to access the gallery from within a pirated game, if you also had a legit Sims 4 game on Origin, but that option was turned off too. Feel free to post back if anything is unclear, and good luck again !

Carlos is tha man

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Astile on Mon 11 Apr 2016, 20:57

Do you mean by this that i have to download The Sims 4 demo in Origin open the Gallery in the legit game & download the stuff that i want and then later copy the stuff that is in the tray folder of the legit game to the cracked on to have it in my sims 4?

Astile
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 11 Apr 2016, 21:06

@Astile wrote:Do you mean by this that i have to download The Sims 4 demo in Origin open the Gallery in the legit game & download the stuff that i want and then later copy the stuff that is in the tray folder of the legit game to the cracked on to have it in my sims 4?

It's a bit tricky. At first you need to change the folder name of "The Sims 4", under Documents\Electronic Arts, because that will be the one (for now) that you use for your pirated Sims 4.

Then you need to start up your legit Sims 4 game from within Origin (again, this legit Sims 4 game is installed in a different filepath, typically). When you start up the game, a fresh "The Sims 4"-folder will be created under Documents\Electronic Arts: this now is the one that is used for your legit game. Now download all you want from the gallery, and then exit the game. And you don't need the Sims 4 demo at all.

Go under Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 and copy the Tray-folder. Then paste it into the other "The Sims 4"-folder from before.

Finally, rename the folder "The Sims 4" under Documents\Electronic Arts into something like "The Sims 4_legit" - because it is for the legit Sims 4 game. And then you rename the old folder from before, back to normal again. 

It's like two different save-folders. One is for the legit Sims 4, and the other for your pirated. If you don't do that, you will end up with the error in the opening post. It's a tricky thing to understand, hence I suggested you take your time and read up on the thread I linked to before. Smile  

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Astile on Mon 11 Apr 2016, 21:10

Okay! Thanks very much for the help ^-^

Astile
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 14 Apr 2016, 23:06

@Astile wrote:Okay! Thanks very much for the help ^-^

You are welcome, though again, personally I would use the method of keeping the legit + pirated Sims 4 games on separate computers (if possible). Since it is much easier and more convenient than the procedure I described in my previous post.

I tip my fedora.

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum