Sims 4 Ultimate fix and Get together Broke my game. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 Ultimate fix and Get together Broke my game. [SOLVED]

Post by epiceh123 on Tue 12 Apr 2016, 03:41

So I had sims 4 installed from the *Games4theworld* Crack, I also managed to install Get to work, But I couldn't manage to install Get together without a big fat origin error saying, "Update game via Origin, So I was told that there was an update to enable a custom content switch, (The custom content didn't show up in game) and since I couldn't update my crack through origin I thought I would give the ultimate fix a try, I chose the one containing the update only I followed the instructions in the update folder, only to find the exact same origin error on start up, "UPDATE VIA ORIGIN" I just wanted my custom content to show up and now my game is broken.

So my issue is, I cant install get together, or the update. and my Custom Content does not appear in game.  Ermahgerd Any Idea on what went wrong? Oh yeah I also disabled antivirus during install (Windows Defender)

I can run base game and Get To Work.

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this  :$
epiceh123
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 4, Sims 3, Sims 3 Late night, Minecraft, Sims 2, Sims 1
Male Posts : 27

View user profile http://itsmitchm8.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 4 Ultimate fix and Get together Broke my game. [SOLVED]

Post by Tarac on Tue 12 Apr 2016, 14:52

Have you tried:
My Documents - Electronic Arts - The Sims 4
Open de file GameVersion with f.e. notepad
Change the contents to 1.10.57.1020 and then save the file.
Start the game afterwards.
Tarac
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 98
  • Windows 95
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Card games
Male Posts : 2267

View user profile http://www.tarac.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 12 Apr 2016, 18:56

@epiceh123 wrote:So I had sims 4 installed from the *Games4theworld* Crack, I also managed to install Get to work, But I couldn't manage to install Get together without a big fat origin error saying, "Update game via Origin, So I was told that there was an update to enable a custom content switch, (The custom content didn't show up in game) and since I couldn't update my crack through origin I thought I would give the ultimate fix a try, I chose the one containing the update only I followed the instructions in the update folder, only to find the exact same origin error on start up, "UPDATE VIA ORIGIN" I just wanted my custom content to show up and now my game is broken.

So my issue is, I cant install get together, or the update. and my Custom Content does not appear in game.  Ermahgerd Any Idea on what went wrong? Oh yeah I also disabled antivirus during install (Windows Defender)

I can run base game and Get To Work.

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this  :$

//MOVED

Hello and welcome to the forum @epiceh123,

Can you please re-apply the files and folders from "Get together" ? Just copy them over your current base game installation folder of The Sims 4, and overwrite all files/folders when prompted. Finally apply the hotfix (see this topic).

I would also make sure that you de-activate automatic Origin game updates, as described here.

Then, you navigate to Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 and delete the GameVersion.txt file. After that, make sure to close Origin completely and start the game with the TS4.exe, that is located in your installation folder under Game\Bin.

P.S. the current pirated updates only support game version 1.13.104.1010, and if your custom content was made with a game version "higher" than that, you may encounter problems, or the custom content may not show up at all...

@Tarac wrote:Have you tried:
My Documents - Electronic Arts - The Sims 4
Open de file GameVersion with f.e. notepad
Change the contents to 1.10.57.1020 and then save the file.
Start the game afterwards.

Game version 1.10.57.1020 was the one before "Get together" was released, if I recall correctly. In any case, it's best to just delete the file, if there are issues with the game version. The file will be re-created upon the next game start. It's interesting though that the game itself appears to be unable to actually edit or overwrite this file itself, but OK.
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14765

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarac on Tue 12 Apr 2016, 21:30

@Carlos
Just because topicstarter had problems installing Get Together I advised to go back to version 1.10.57.1020 in order to bring the game back to the version of Get to Work.
Furthermore I'm not a supporter of copy/paste folders.
I prefer the way Reloaded offer a full installation instead, thereby skipping Get to Work (included).
So, install the base Game and then Get Together which includes all previous expansions- and stuff packs up to and incl. Spooky.

The Games4theworld downloads create a registry-entry for Get to Work whilst Reloaded creates an entry for Get Together and still includes Get to Work.
This forum and mine always had a different approach in downloading and installing, sometime yours is better, sometimes mine, it's just what one is accustomed to.

See my download Uitbreidingen
Tarac
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 98
  • Windows 95
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 12 Apr 2016, 21:48

@Tarac wrote:@Carlos
Just because topicstarter had problems installing Get Together I advised to go back to version 1.10.57.1020 in order to bring the game back to the version of Get to Work.
Furthermore I'm not a supporter of copy/past folders.
I prefer the way Reloaded offer a full installation instead, thereby skipping Get to Work.
So, install the base Game and then Get Together which includes all previous expansions- and stuff packs up to and incl. Spooky.

Quite possibly we are maybe speaking or thinking about different things. Smile  Nonetheless: if you have DLC installed that was released after "Spa day", such as the Get together-expansion, then it may not be the best idea to put an earlier patch number in the file. Spa Day was 1.10.57.1020, but Get together is on patch version 1.13.104.1010. Feel free to do as you wish of course. I still advise the OP to just delete the GameVersion.txt file though. 

And just editing the line in this file does not revert back your game version. In order to do that, you would need to start over with re-installing the game, and only installing up to "Spa Day". 

The way RELOADED packs their files has advantages for sure. The main reason we are using separate folders is to avoid having people to re-download bigger and bigger releases each time. One disadvantage of using folders is that people may not apply them in the correct order. Another issue is that seeding these files would also become more difficult each time, due to the increasing size of the download. But hey, there are no perfect solutions anywhere. 

//EDIT

And the only registry entry you need for the RELOADED Sims 4 game is the one for the base game. I uploaded a sample of them (specifically for use with the TS4_x64.exe) here:
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t22096-experimental-language-change-and-the-ts4_x64-exe

//EDIT

And since our "Get to Work"-release is essentially provided in a "copy + paste"-format, it technically does not add any separate registry entries. Our base game releases adds registry entries, but nothing else. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarac on Tue 12 Apr 2016, 22:04

@Carlos
I must admit that I never tried to remove GameVersion, so you might be quite right there.
I have an original (legal) basegame and all expansions via downloads.
From time to time I let Origin update the game which means that all downloaded extra's will be removed from the game.
When I re-install the downloads my GameVersion will show something like version 1.16 and consequently unable to play.
Reversing it back to 1.10.57.1020 will do the trick however and I can use my old played games again.
Tarac
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 98
  • Windows 95
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Back to top Go down

Post by epiceh123 on Tue 12 Apr 2016, 23:36

I have The sims 4 (Base game), Get to work, Outdoor retreat (According to the clothes I saw in game) Is there a way to check my game version? just in case?

And I will try your fixes right now @Carlos, (Not like I have anything to lose Oh my...)

I would put my torrent link but im new and there is a restriction  :$
The links where broken / I was Forbidden to enter the actual downloads on the site, So I was forced to download from The pirate bay.

Edit: Also isnt this "hotfix" only to fix in game issues? Not origin errors? just wondering, and what does it mean by "Installation folder? Like: C:\Program files(x86)\The Sims 4.
              or: C:\Program files(x86)\The Sims 4./Installer_ ?

Update: So I managed to figure out that my game version was: 1.5.139.1020, Will this help with anything? I got my Sims 4 From this website so, I have no Idea

Another update: I did as you said @Carlos in the first post
@Carlos wrote:Can you please re-apply the files and folders from "Get together" ? Just copy them over your current base game installation folder of The Sims 4, and overwrite all files/folders when prompted. Finally apply the hotfix (see this topic).

I would also make sure that you de-activate automatic Origin game updates, as described here.

Then, you navigate to Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 and delete the GameVersion.txt file. After that, make sure to close Origin completely and start the game with the TS4.exe, that is located in your installation folder under Game\Bin.
Only to be prompted with this error:

I hope we are getting somewhere, its a different error than before.
* The Sims Plumbob 1 This is not my picture The Sims Plumbob 1 *
This is what The old Error looked Like:

If it helps  Looking for bad joke

Last edited by epiceh123 on Wed 13 Apr 2016, 00:58; edited 1 time in total
epiceh123
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 13 Apr 2016, 03:28

@Tarac wrote:@Carlos
I must admit that I never tried to remove GameVersion, so you might be quite right there.
I have an original (legal) basegame and all expansions via downloads.
From time to time I let Origin update the game which means that all downloaded extra's will be removed from the game.
When I re-install the downloads my GameVersion will show something like version 1.16 and consequently unable to play.
Reversing it back to 1.10.57.1020 will do the trick however and I can use my old played games again.

That's a good point @Tarac, and indeed it seems that these problems occur most often with people who have purchased a legit game on Origin. Due to Origin updating the games by default, people will have a higher patch-level than the cracked one. Then they realize that they could have also pirated the stuff, and end up with the weird game version error. Luckily, that can be fixed quote easily. Very Happy

@epiceh123 wrote:I have The sims 4 (Base game), Get to work, Outdoor retreat (According to the clothes I saw in game) Is there a way to check my game version? just in case?

And I will try your fixes right now @Carlos, (Not like I have anything to lose Oh my...)

I would put my torrent link but im new and there is a restriction  :$
The links where broken / I was Forbidden to enter the actual downloads on the site, So I was forced to download from The pirate bay.

Edit: Also isnt this "hotfix" only to fix in game issues? Not origin errors? just wondering, and what does it mean by "Installation folder? Like: C:\Program files(x86)\The Sims 4.
              or: C:\Program files(x86)\The Sims 4./Installer_ ?

Update: So I managed to figure out that my game version was: 1.5.139.1020, Will this help with anything? I got my Sims 4 From this website so, I have no Idea

Another update: I did as you said @Carlos in the first post
@Carlos wrote:Can you please re-apply the files and folders from "Get together" ? Just copy them over your current base game installation folder of The Sims 4, and overwrite all files/folders when prompted. Finally apply the hotfix (see this topic).

Only to be prompted with this error:

I hope we are getting somewhere, its a different error than before.
* The Sims Plumbob 1 This is not my picture The Sims Plumbob 1 *
This is what The old Error looked Like:

If it helps  Looking for bad joke

Did you make sure to add the install location of your game to the "exclusions" in both Windows Defender and your anti-virus program(s) ?
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t18501-unable-to-start-initialization-error-at-startup-updated-on-11-9-2015

You'll need to learn how to do that (mostly on your own). And after doing so, please re-apply the "Get together"-pack, and also the "hotfix". Should it not work for some reason, try moving the folder "The Sims 4", from C:\Program files (x86), directly under C:\Program files.

There, you go again under Game\Bin, and this time try running the game from the TS4_x64.exe file.
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by epiceh123 on Wed 13 Apr 2016, 03:34

I only use defender, and I added a bunch of exclusions just to be safe, Before I added get together Here are my exclusions: 
Update: After moving The Sims 4 Folder to C:Program Files it worked! I also got Spa Day / Spooky Stuff! Thanks @Carlos ! you can close the topic now Very Happy, one more question can I turn my anti virus back on?
epiceh123
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 13 Apr 2016, 03:43

Do you have anything else besides Windows Defender ? If yes, then you'll need to configure the exclusions there too. If you do it properly, you can then turn the security-software back on again.
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by epiceh123 on Wed 13 Apr 2016, 03:46

Turns out my Anti Virus was on during the file move, and I noticed that C:Programs was already in exclusions! Thanks for enriching my sims experience! Now I just have to figure out how to give thanks,  Noob Okay feel free to close now Very Happy!

Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarac on Wed 13 Apr 2016, 20:37

In addition to the above conversations I would like to point out that for 64-bits windows there are no virus-problems with the fixes for Get Together.
The files rld.dll (base program) and RLDOrigin.dll (Get Together) are no longer required for 64-bits and can be deleted from the Game\Bin folder.
In this case is it essential that you start your game via TS4_x64 .exe (or shortcut).
Note: Ts4_x64 will start your game by default in English.
Tarac
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 98
  • Windows 95
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Back to top Go down

Post by epiceh123 on Wed 13 Apr 2016, 23:06

@Tarac wrote:In addition to the above conversations I would like to point out that for 64-bits windows there are no virus-problems with the fixes for Get Together.
The files rld.dll (base program) and RLDOrigin.dll (Get Together) are no longer required for 64-bits and can be deleted from the Game\Bin folder.
In this case is it essential that you start your game via TS4_x64 .exe (or shortcut).
Note: Ts4_x64 will start your game by default in English.
I am English, I also created a x64 shortcut for my game, and I renamed it "The Sims 4" Thank you all for your help! My sims have an open business and have a group Called the Tech Geeks. Thanks!
epiceh123
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 14 Apr 2016, 22:58

@epiceh123 wrote:I am English, I also created a x64 shortcut for my game, and I renamed it "The Sims 4" Thank you all for your help! My sims have an open business and have a group Called the Tech Geeks. Thanks!

Nice to hear, and you're welcome. Smile  Feel free to get back in touch with us again anytime. Have fun ! Problem solved, topic closed.
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum