Sims 4 not running.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 not running.

Post by jiae on Thu 14 Apr 2016, 23:35

Hi,
I've tried about 12 times to install TS4 and no matter what I cannot get it to run. I did every step EXACTLY as instructed.
Had no problem installing the entire Sims 3 Collection but cant install Sims 4 at all.  WhatDidUJustCallMe?
I downloaded the base game and the two expansions. I also downloaded the ultimate fix.
I installed all three games and then applied the ultimate fix. then I moved the Sims 4 folder to Programs x86.
NOTHING happens when I click on the .exe fil to run the game. I get the loading symbol, then nothing.
Ialso have the Sims 4 ultimate fix update only downloaded but did not install it this time bc I used the ultimate fix.
jiae
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 4 not running.

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 15 Apr 2016, 00:18

@jiae wrote:Hi,
I've tried about 12 times to install TS4 and no matter what I cannot get it to run. I did every step EXACTLY as instructed.
Had no problem installing the entire Sims 3 Collection but cant install Sims 4 at all.  WhatDidUJustCallMe?
I downloaded the base game and the two expansions. I also downloaded the ultimate fix.
I installed all three games and then applied the ultimate fix. then I moved the Sims 4 folder to Programs x86.
NOTHING happens when I click on the .exe fil to run the game. I get the loading symbol, then nothing.
Ialso have the Sims 4 ultimate fix update only downloaded but did not install it this time bc I used the ultimate fix.

Hello,

First of all, you don't need the Ultimate fix (the bold red notice on the downloads-page also says it is not needed when you already have downloaded the "Get together"-expansion). I know the name "Ultimate fix" is misleading, since people literally expect it to fix all potential "problems" that come up with their Sims 4 games. But essentially, the current Ultimate fix has the "Get together"-content removed for a smaller filesize, but other than that it's really the same as the actual Get together-expansion. 

The name "Ultimate fix" is there mainly out of tradition, since the NoCD-crack of The Sims 3 has the same name.

Back to your problem, I suggest you actually apply the hotfix here.
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t21865-llama-symbols-in-newcrest-and-other-smaller-glitches-fix

Then you make sure to move the install folder "The Sims 4" directly under C:\Program files. Then try re-starting the game from the TS4_x64.exe. But this will only work if you have a 64-bit Windows. See if that works out for you. If not, have another look at this guide here about configuring Windows Defender and anti-virus programs. After doing so, re-apply Get together and the hotfix too.

Good luck !

Forum rules // Forum FAQ // G4TW downloads // Sims store, guides & more (beta) // G4TW on Piratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Please post game issues on the Forum only. For more general questions about site navigation, you may also e-mail me !

The_gh0stm4n
Supervising Moderator
Inspector General & Chief of Staff
Supervising ModeratorInspector General & Chief of Staff

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, GTA IV, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Antibirth & Afterbirth †
Male Posts : 13445

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jiae on Fri 15 Apr 2016, 00:23

Move TS4 to Program files or Program files x 86?
jiae
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 15 Apr 2016, 00:26

@jiae wrote:Move TS4 to Program files or Program files x 86?

Program files.  alien

And then use the TS4_x64.exe for running the actual game. It is also located under Game\Bin.

Forum rules // Forum FAQ // G4TW downloads // Sims store, guides & more (beta) // G4TW on Piratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Please post game issues on the Forum only. For more general questions about site navigation, you may also e-mail me !

The_gh0stm4n
Supervising Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, GTA IV, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Antibirth & Afterbirth †

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jiae on Fri 15 Apr 2016, 00:44

Still cant run the game.

here what my folders look like

jiae
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 15 Apr 2016, 00:56

Have a look at this here and "import" the registry entry for English US.
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t22096-experimental-language-change-and-the-ts4_x64-exe

Then try having another look at what I already linked to, before:
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t18501-unable-to-start-initialization-error-at-startup-updated-on-11-9-2015

Of course, you'll need to apply that on the programs that you yourself have installed on your computer. Also try running the TS4_x64.exe as Administrator (right-click -> run as Administrator).

The_gh0stm4n
Supervising Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum