Base Game [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Base Game [SOLVED]

Post by SpiritAnimal on Sat 23 Apr 2016, 20:19

I already have The Sims 3 base game downloaded on my computer from a physical copy that is registered with origin. Will this be a problem when downloading an expansion back from here?

SpiritAnimal
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Base Game [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 24 Apr 2016, 08:15

SpiritAnimal wrote:I already have The Sims 3 base game downloaded on my computer from a physical copy that is registered with origin. Will this be a problem when downloading an expansion back from here?

Hello again,

I can't really tell if it's going to be a problem. Some users say it works, others don't. So your best bet would be just to try it for yourself. Make sure you follow the guide here:
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Good luck !

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14472

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by simmer_tony on Sun 24 Apr 2016, 10:58

I use it myself and it just gives you notifications before launching the game that you have illegal base game or expansion pack.
Happy simming!

The Sims 3 plumbob HUNGRY? The Sims 3 plumbob 

The Sims Plumbob 1 YELL INCOHERENT LANGUAGE AT THE SKY The Sims Plumbob 1
simmer_tony
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Just Dance series, Grand Theft Auto series, Tomb Raider Reboot, Telltale Games, Far Cry 3 & 4
Male Posts : 439

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Help?

Post by SpiritAnimal on Sun 24 Apr 2016, 13:40

I keep making forums here, but I finished installing TS3 Seasons and TS3 Island Paradise. I have the base game and Generations, which were bought. I looked all over and I can't find a way to get rid of it.

I finally got everything working when the main menu was empty. Not the Launcher, but once you get passed the first loading screen. I can't choose a neighborhood or create a new family. The buttons are missing. Anyone have any help?

SpiritAnimal
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 24 Apr 2016, 20:27

SpiritAnimal wrote:I keep making forums here, but I finished installing TS3 Seasons and TS3 Island Paradise. I have the base game and Generations, which were bought. I looked all over and I can't find a way to get rid of it.

I finally got everything working when the main menu was empty. Not the Launcher, but once you get passed the first loading screen. I can't choose a neighborhood or create a new family. The buttons are missing. Anyone have any help?

//MERGED

I merged your topics. Let's keep all problem-discussions about The Sims 3 in just one (1) topic for now, instead of having multiple (and unresolved) threads. Smile  

As for your current problem, please do steps #2, #4 and #5 here:
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

If you already downloaded the manual patch and/or Ultimate fix, you don't need to re-download them of course. Just re-apply them. Start with re-aplying the manual patch, then followed by the Ultimate fix. As for the Ultimate fix, make sure to only use the two files in the #Crack-folder. Copy and paste them into the location C:\Program files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin and replace the existing files when prompted. Then try the game again.

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14472

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SpiritAnimal on Tue 26 Apr 2016, 20:49

Thank you. It worked. I was very dumb.

SpiritAnimal
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adwomin on Tue 26 Apr 2016, 21:27

Glad to hear it's working now!
Not dumb at all. The topic wouldn't be there if you were the only one making that mistake. Razz

Enjoy the game and please let us know if you need help again. Wink

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19211

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum