Trade games.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Trade games.

Post by Quetze on Mon 25 Apr 2016, 19:20

Hello,

I was a fan of the Giant series, especially Transport Giant back in those days. Actually, I am a total fan of trade strategy games such as Port Royale, Industry Giant and Tropico. I am just looking for detailed games that does not limit my gaming experience, which is similar to those. Especially the Transport Giant, is my priority one search. I tried a few games, such as Sid Meier's Railroads but Transport Giant was different. Does anyone know about a modern game with various different means of transportation and trading opportunities together while having some newer graphics than these older games?

Thanks in advance.

Quetze
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : sims 3, Europa Universalis 3, Civilization, Rollercoaster Tycoon 2, Port Royale
Male Posts : 34

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trade games.

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 27 Apr 2016, 19:38

@Quetze wrote:Hello,

I was a fan of the Giant series, especially Transport Giant back in those days. Actually, I am a total fan of trade strategy games such as Port Royale, Industry Giant and Tropico. I am just looking for detailed games that does not limit my gaming experience, which is similar to those. Especially the Transport Giant, is my priority one search. I tried a few games, such as Sid Meier's Railroads but Transport Giant was different. Does anyone know about a modern game with various different means of transportation and trading opportunities together while having some newer graphics than these older games?

Thanks in advance.

I used to play this game called "Darkest Hour", and while it is in part also about trading (war materiel) with other nations and diplomacy, it is all happening within the framework of war, which probably isn't what you are looking for.

Have you tried Civilization V ? That one isn't solely about trade either, but maybe that will suit your interests more than the aforementioned Darkest Hour.
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 13756

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Quetze on Wed 27 Apr 2016, 19:52

Thank you for one hell of a suggestion, I would agree Civ being the best thing ever.

Unfortunately I am a big fan of both Sid Meier and his Civilization series since amiga era and I played Civ5 for a long time too. And I know it is hard to find what I am looking for here. These kind of games do not make big sales and nowadays, developers do not care about games if they do not make good profit.

Thanks again for your reply. Anyway, if you guys run into anything similar to those genre by luck, please let us know about it Smile

Quetze
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : sims 3, Europa Universalis 3, Civilization, Rollercoaster Tycoon 2, Port Royale
Male Posts : 34

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ɛɗιη on Wed 27 Apr 2016, 20:47

Interesting.
I spent countless hours playing "Transport Tycoon" back in the day. 
I even tried to run it a few years back but man, the graphics are so bad compared to what we see today! 

"Under sun and sky, we greet you warmly"
Ɛɗιη
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)