Game Will Not Start (NOT .rld.dll or origin error related)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game Will Not Start (NOT .rld.dll or origin error related)

Post by TaraP82 on Tue 26 Apr 2016, 14:28

So this all started because I had to run a virus scan.  I could have sworn that when I installed the Ultimate Fix/Get Together/Get Together Hot Fix the last time, that I had added all of the correct files to the exceptions... but my antivirus read the rldorigin.dll file as a threat. Of course when I tried to start it, I first got the typical error messages. (2 different ones) So I reapplied all of the fixes... Had the issue where the rldorigin.dll file couldn't be added - set the correct permissions to the folders, blah blah... still didn't work.  So I disabled my antivirus and tried again. Got it to replace the file no problem. Great. 

So, I try to start the game (antivirus still disabled) and I get no errors... but nothing happens. I click again. Nothing. Again. Nothing. Again. Nothing. Nothing. Nothing. It's like I never even clicked on the TS4 icon in the first place (I assure you that I did).  Okay.. .maybe the caches need cleaned out. So I do that.  Nope. Still nothing. Maybe one of the recent mods/custom content I added is causing the problem.  Remove the Mods folder... Nope. Still absolutely nothing happening when I click on the TS4 icon under bin (same with TS4_x64 icon).  

My game has occasionally not responded when trying to start it... but usually after 3 or 4 double clicks on the icon, it would start.  But almost 2 days worth of trying to get this thing to cooperate and still nothing.    

I tried searching for help on "Sims 4 Game Not Starting At All" but the only things that pop up are the "rld.dll failed to initialize" problems and the one about the something or other and origin.  That is NOT the issue here. The Ultimate Fix did not solve the issue. Please do not refer me to that again. I applied them multiple times. (and I'm familiar with how to do it correctly, and I also read the instructions EVERY TIME to make sure I'm doing it right). 

Any other suggestions on what could be the problem would be awesome.  

I'd hate to have to uninstall and reinstall... my base game is downloaded through origin... which for obvious reasons I've disabled and don't use.

Thanks.

TaraP82
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game Will Not Start (NOT .rld.dll or origin error related)

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 27 Apr 2016, 01:32

TaraP82 wrote:So this all started because I had to run a virus scan.  I could have sworn that when I installed the Ultimate Fix/Get Together/Get Together Hot Fix the last time, that I had added all of the correct files to the exceptions... but my antivirus read the rldorigin.dll file as a threat. Of course when I tried to start it, I first got the typical error messages. (2 different ones) So I reapplied all of the fixes... Had the issue where the rldorigin.dll file couldn't be added - set the correct permissions to the folders, blah blah... still didn't work.  So I disabled my antivirus and tried again. Got it to replace the file no problem. Great. 

So, I try to start the game (antivirus still disabled) and I get no errors... but nothing happens. I click again. Nothing. Again. Nothing. Again. Nothing. Nothing. Nothing. It's like I never even clicked on the TS4 icon in the first place (I assure you that I did).  Okay.. .maybe the caches need cleaned out. So I do that.  Nope. Still nothing. Maybe one of the recent mods/custom content I added is causing the problem.  Remove the Mods folder... Nope. Still absolutely nothing happening when I click on the TS4 icon under bin (same with TS4_x64 icon).  

My game has occasionally not responded when trying to start it... but usually after 3 or 4 double clicks on the icon, it would start.  But almost 2 days worth of trying to get this thing to cooperate and still nothing.    

I tried searching for help on "Sims 4 Game Not Starting At All" but the only things that pop up are the "rld.dll failed to initialize" problems and the one about the something or other and origin.  That is NOT the issue here. The Ultimate Fix did not solve the issue. Please do not refer me to that again. I applied them multiple times. (and I'm familiar with how to do it correctly, and I also read the instructions EVERY TIME to make sure I'm doing it right). 

Any other suggestions on what could be the problem would be awesome.  

I'd hate to have to uninstall and reinstall... my base game is downloaded through origin... which for obvious reasons I've disabled and don't use.

Thanks.

//MOVED

Hello,

First off, a lot of people expect the Ultimate fix to correct all potential problems that may or may not come up, but as of now the Ultimate fix is really not needed actually. Smile  If you keep the install order as follows: TS4 Base game -> Get to Work -> Get together -> Hotffix, you should just be fine. 

The "Ultimate fix" has the latest game updates included, minus "Get together". And the major reason we even have these "downsized" downloads is because people with (apparently) slow internet connections asked for smaller downloads.

As for your problem, yes it is still an anti-virus-related issue, even if you don't like hearing it. For a start, a lot of people make the mistake to rely on "simply turning off" anti-virus software, when in fact it is more appropriate to actually familiarize oneself with the options and configure the exclusions properly. However, if you are sure you configured these exclusions correctly, you might want to consider getting rid of this anti-virus program. Also make sure, depending on your Windows system, to either turn off Windows Defender and/or configure exclusions there too. See this lengthy guide here to get you started.

So yes, try keeping the install order as mentioned in my first paragraph. I would also try moving the install folder of The Sims 4 directly under C:\Program files. Note that this location is different from C:\Program files (x86), and it will only show up if your Windows is a 64-bit version. So once you moved it under C:\Program files, try running the TS4_x64.exe located under the Game\Bin subfolders. But again, this latter 'trick' will only apply if your Windows is a 64-bit version.

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14423

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TaraP82 on Wed 27 Apr 2016, 14:27

This is the same antivirus program that I've been using since I first started installing games through you (began with Sims3).  And until recently, it's never been an issue before.  (aside from the occasional needing to click the icon 3 or 4 times before the game actually starts) I disabled the windows defender a long time ago.  So that also shouldn't be an issue, unless it decided to enable itself. I'll have to double check. Going without an antivirus program (I use AVG) is not an option. I download quite a bit of custom content, and unfortunately in the past have come across bad downloads.   I'm not a fan of most of the other antivirus programs out there. Do you have another to suggest?? (I hate McAfee for the record)  [Windows defender is still turned off]

The only reason I applied the ultimate fix again is because my antivirus had removed the rldorigin.dll file and I needed it again. (I have all of that stuff still on my computer "just in case"... And I can't torrent things any longer... my internet provider caught me when I downloaded a SimCity game through your site... I'm probably screwed the next time any updates come out. )   I'm not sure... but I may not have readded the the hot fix (I figured if I got it to start, I'd find that out when the llama symbols started showing up again).  

I don't think I can install the base game through origin again because the last time Origin opened (on accident) it started scanning through all my files and found all of the Sims3 cracked games... and I end tasked Origin before it finished and screwed up all my other files. I still haven't bothered to do whatever I need to do to fix that (all those downloads are still on my computer too though) 

I have the game installed on a separate hard drive. Sims (H:) Program Files (x86) The Sims 4. I would have to create Sims (H:) Program Files ... and Yes, my operating system is 64-bit.  

I guess I will try that and see if it cooperates. 

So frustrating.  Technology is not my friend. I try.  I have a basic comprehension of all this stuff, but sometimes... Ugh. 

Thanks.

//EDIT

So... if I uninstall and reinstall sims 4 base game through origin... does this mean it's going to wipe out ALL of my cracked games? (SimCity games and what remains of my Sims 3)

Honestly, if I could, I would just download your version of Sims 4, but since my internet provider is watching my download activity, I can't    I could probably do it if it wasn't a torrent... but yeah.   I actually got my legit copy for free anyway because a friend of an ex friend works for EA...  It's not like I've "wasted" any money on it...

TaraP82
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 27 Apr 2016, 19:11

I'm not sure how Origin can ruin your Sims 3 games (apart from the fact that by default, Origin updates the games automatically; if that is the case with you, have a look at this here). 

As for anti-virus, AVG is indeed one of the worst. I myself used a number of programs, among them being Kaspersky Internet Security, avast Internet Security, Comodo Internet Security, and in the past ESET Nod-32 too. All good programs, that actually allow you to configure exclusions and appear to accept your input too - unlike AVG. I'm sure you can find something on the torrent networks.

I will bring up the issue with the direct-download link with the Admins and other Mods, but the reason we generally have torrents only is because we obviously want to focus on torrents and encourage people to seed (share) too. In another thread I have uploaded the "Get together"-DLC for another user, but I can't make any promises here. Another problem is that if we post these direct links in public, someone is certainly going to file a complaint - and the file gets taken down. As you can imagine, not only fans of G4TW are following the forum. Options for you could be to switch the ISP to something that is more lenient toward torrenting, use a VPN (see e.g this post) or at least for the moment ask a friend or relative to torrent it for you.

Either way, once you managed to get a different anti-virus or set the exclusions properly, you can download the crack-only files here:
https://goo.gl/j7Gl8S

Copy and paste them into H:\Program files (x86)\The Sims 4\Game\Bin and replace all existing files.

I would not re-download the base game (through Origin though), since I don't see this as having a chance of success with your problem right now.

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TaraP82 on Thu 28 Apr 2016, 06:04

Thank you.  I'll try to figure something out.  And hopefully I can get it to cooperate again.  I really had no issue with AVG until just recently... but it DID do an update, so maybe the update is what's caused it to not want to accept my Sims 4 stuff. I don't know. 

As for the Sims 3 issue, what happened was that (before I had the Sims 4 expansions through G4TW) I went on Origin to play Sims 4... a thing popped up saying that Origin found problems with my Sims 3 files and to "click here" to repair them... Without thinking, I clicked...  And it scanned through all of my files.   The game had been up to date (via G4TW, not Sims 3 patch updates) and I tried to start the game...  (I posted about this somewhere on the forum about it actually "when I went to try to start the game, using the Into The Future icon (cracked) -  it said "Launcher has stopped working" - bypassing the launcher didn't work either... I tried a different one and I got an error "base game is not up to date" (or some such thing)  ...  I logged out of origin and back in...  it showed the file error thing again...so I clicked on it...  accepted user agreements..blah blah...  and then it told me that my "Outdoor Living Stuff" was unauthorized and to call EA customer support (really not wanting to do that, especially if they discovered my cracked games) ...  It most definitely IS a legit copy ...  and I can't do anything with the game... ") ... but anyway, that's a whole different thing that I just didn't feel like messing with ... I can easily uninstall and reinstall Sims 3 and start over someday... I have a sims 3 back up folder so I wouldn't lose everything.  Not worried about all that anymore.   

(reading the post about that, I forgot I had clicked something that made it "repair" my files...  I think what it really did was kill them. ha)

Again, thank you for your time trying to help me get this Sims 4 thing situated. Much appreciated.

TaraP82
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 29 Apr 2016, 22:35

TaraP82 wrote:Thank you.  I'll try to figure something out.  And hopefully I can get it to cooperate again.  I really had no issue with AVG until just recently... but it DID do an update, so maybe the update is what's caused it to not want to accept my Sims 4 stuff. I don't know. 

As for the Sims 3 issue, what happened was that (before I had the Sims 4 expansions through G4TW) I went on Origin to play Sims 4... a thing popped up saying that Origin found problems with my Sims 3 files and to "click here" to repair them... Without thinking, I clicked...  And it scanned through all of my files.   The game had been up to date (via G4TW, not Sims 3 patch updates) and I tried to start the game...  (I posted about this somewhere on the forum about it actually "when I went to try to start the game, using the Into The Future icon (cracked) -  it said "Launcher has stopped working" - bypassing the launcher didn't work either... I tried a different one and I got an error "base game is not up to date" (or some such thing)  ...  I logged out of origin and back in...  it showed the file error thing again...so I clicked on it...  accepted user agreements..blah blah...  and then it told me that my "Outdoor Living Stuff" was unauthorized and to call EA customer support (really not wanting to do that, especially if they discovered my cracked games) ...  It most definitely IS a legit copy ...  and I can't do anything with the game... ") ... but anyway, that's a whole different thing that I just didn't feel like messing with ... I can easily uninstall and reinstall Sims 3 and start over someday... I have a sims 3 back up folder so I wouldn't lose everything.  Not worried about all that anymore.   

(reading the post about that, I forgot I had clicked something that made it "repair" my files...  I think what it really did was kill them. ha)

Again, thank you for your time trying to help me get this Sims 4 thing situated. Much appreciated.

Yes, it is perfectly conceivable that anti-virus programs cooperate with pirated stuff for a while, but after certain updates, they stop doing so. 

I'm not familiar with The Sims 3 on Origin, but I would have suggested (if you haven't done so already), to apply the Ultimate fix again, but yes, I guess this topic isn't the right place for Sims 3 discussions...

Good luck anyhow, and feel free to keep us posted !

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum