Sims 2 asking for a disc

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 2 asking for a disc

Post by Miranija on Thu 28 Apr 2016, 18:06

So, I've got the complete sims 2 games. Tried installing them and I ran in into trouble when installing seasons, saying a game was installed in that directory already, then everything messed up and I had to uninstall all eps and base game and start again. Now University ep asks for a disc. Tried placing the folder on desktop - still asks for a cd.
Been looking around here and found no solution.


P.S. I'm installing in custom location on disc d, because my c is pretty full. Just in case that might be a problem?
P.P.S. I tried restarting my computer and deleting all the folders and unziping the rar file again.
P.P.P.S. Since I unziped it with 7zip, I downloaded winrar and unzipped it with win rar. Still asking for a cd.;/

Miranija
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 4
Points : 977
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-05-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 2 asking for a disc

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 28 Apr 2016, 19:32

@Miranija wrote:So, I've got the complete sims 2 games. Tried installing them and I ran in into trouble when installing seasons, saying a game was installed in that directory already, then everything messed up and I had to uninstall all eps and base game and start again. Now University ep asks for a disc. Tried placing the folder on desktop - still asks for a cd.
Been looking around here and found no solution.


P.S. I'm installing in custom location on disc d, because my c is pretty full. Just in case that might be a problem?
P.P.S. I tried restarting my computer and deleting all the folders and unziping the rar file again.
P.P.P.S. Since I unziped it with 7zip, I downloaded winrar and unzipped it with win rar. Still asking for a cd.;/


Hello and welcome to the forum,

Then try placing the install folder of University elsewhere than on the desktop. For example, under your D: drive. And you are running the installation from within the folder, and not the .RAR file ?

_________________



G4TW Forum Rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // All G4TW Downloads // G4TW The Sims 4 Gallery Collection

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4



Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!



avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac, Military strategy games (Darkest Hour, Hearts of Iron, Arsenal of Democracy, etc.)
Male Posts : 15048
Points : 19996
Reputation : 2120
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : Belisarius Hall

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 2 asking for a disc

Post by Miranija on Thu 28 Apr 2016, 19:50

Carlos wrote:
Hello and welcome to the forum,

Then try placing the install folder of University elsewhere than on the desktop. For example, under your D: drive. And you are running the installation from within the folder, and not the .RAR file ?
I've put the folder in various other locations, but it still asks for the cd.

And yes, I'm running it from extracted folder, not the main .rar file.

I'm totally lost, because first time I tried installing I didn't have any problems up until Seasons.

Miranija
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 4
Points : 977
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-05-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 2 asking for a disc

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 28 Apr 2016, 19:57

@Miranija wrote:I've put the folder in various other locations, but it still asks for the cd.

And yes, I'm running it from extracted folder, not the main .rar file.

I'm totally lost, because first time I tried installing I didn't have any problems up until Seasons.


I'm not sure what else this error can be based on, I'm sorry. WhatDidUJustCallMe?  I myself installed the game over a dozen times, and while I did encounter the error too, I could easily solve it by just moving the install folder elsewhere.

You can try skipping University for now and go on with the other EPs and SPs. See how that goes, and then try installing University later on.

Another more radical option could be a manual uninstallation of The Sims 2 and all components, see this here:
https://help.ea.com/en/article/manual-uninstall-for-sims-2-expansion-and-stuff-packs/

Make sure to re-boot the computer after doing all that and then start afresh.

_________________



G4TW Forum Rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // All G4TW Downloads // G4TW The Sims 4 Gallery Collection

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4



Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!



avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac, Military strategy games (Darkest Hour, Hearts of Iron, Arsenal of Democracy, etc.)
Male Posts : 15048
Points : 19996
Reputation : 2120
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : Belisarius Hall

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 2 asking for a disc

Post by Miranija on Sun 01 May 2016, 15:25

So everything else I installed works perfectly. I tried deleting unzipped files and extracting them again. Moving the university folder all around, trying from different locations - no result.

So I was wondering, if I get University EP from another source and try to install it, would it mess up my other EPs?

Miranija
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 4
Points : 977
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-05-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 2 asking for a disc

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 01 May 2016, 20:52

@Miranija wrote:So I was wondering, if I get University EP from another source and try to install it, would it mess up my other EPs?


Probably not, but then I can't tell for sure, I'm sorry. Good luck nonetheless, and feel free to keep us posted ! Smile

_________________



G4TW Forum Rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // All G4TW Downloads // G4TW The Sims 4 Gallery Collection

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4



Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!



avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac, Military strategy games (Darkest Hour, Hearts of Iron, Arsenal of Democracy, etc.)
Male Posts : 15048
Points : 19996
Reputation : 2120
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : Belisarius Hall

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 2 asking for a disc

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum