I have returned!!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I have returned!!!!

Post by xjessyx on Fri 29 Apr 2016, 00:07

So, those of you who don't know me, or don't remember me (which, let's be real here, is probably everyone) that's okay, because I have returned! I was a very active member about 2 years ago.. maybe 3 or 4 by now. And over time I slowly drifted off to new things... minecraft to be exact. Looking back on the great time I had here counting down the days til a new sims 3 expansion (oh yeah, it's been that long) and just cutting up and goofing off with other active members (lookin at you Admin and Lady) ; I decided that it was time to reconnect with those very fun and outgoing people that I once... bugged? Anyway. I am back once again and I plan to stay for a while this time  (and not just because I need help with installing RCT 1 or SimCity4) Very Happy

xjessyx
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : the sims 2,3,4, minecraft, red dead redemption/undead nightmare, Donkey Kong Country 1&2 (snes), Saints Row 1&2, The Lion King (snes), GTA San Andreas
Female Posts : 162

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I have returned!!!!

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 29 Apr 2016, 07:16

@xjessyx wrote:So, those of you who don't know me, or don't remember me (which, let's be real here, is probably everyone) that's okay, because I have returned! I was a very active member about 2 years ago.. maybe 3 or 4 by now. And over time I slowly drifted off to new things... minecraft to be exact. Looking back on the great time I had here counting down the days til a new sims 3 expansion (oh yeah, it's been that long) and just cutting up and goofing off with other active members (lookin at you Admin and Lady) ; I decided that it was time to reconnect with those very fun and outgoing people that I once... bugged? Anyway. I am back once again and I plan to stay for a while this time  (and not just because I need help with installing RCT 1 or SimCity4) Very Happy

Hello !

While I do recall your name/account and the occasional question from you on here, we did not interact much beyond that. Your time of activity must have been indeed around 3-4 years ago now. Anyhow, it's nice to see the occasional 'comeback' from past users. Very Happy  And if you like Minecraft, there is now a little Minecraft section and a server too, on which we play - mostly on weekends. Feel free to join us there ! (see the announcement).

Have fun !

G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adwomin on Fri 29 Apr 2016, 22:21

Back from the dead! Nice to see you around again.
It's always nice to see "people from the past" (that sounds so sad) come back, see how things are going. You seem to have been around for longer than I thought.
Feels good to know that someone out there somewhere cares even a tiny bit.

@xjessyx wrote:Looking back on the great time I had here counting down the days til a new sims 3 expansion (oh yeah, it's been that long) and just cutting up and goofing off with other active members (lookin at you Admin and Lady)
Ahhh, thanks for making my day. Best times around here ever. *Evil grin*
Unfortunately, with the release of The Sims 4, we don't really have those moments any more. Things have become way more complicated nowadays.
But hey, Admin is still Admin. (Although they sometimes call him Cap'tain Admin nowadays) And Lady ElDi is still La...- Oh no, wait, she's not her any more. She's EDIN ElDi now. Razz

@xjessyx wrote:And over time I slowly drifted off to new things... minecraft to be exact.
... which is perfect news, because as Carlos mentioned, we now have a (more official) Minecraft server!
The server address is: www.games4theworlddownloads.org

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19210

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Sat 30 Apr 2016, 00:21

Nice to see you! 
Yes, I do remember your username Very Happy
We're goofing off in the Minecraft server these days, please join us if you like!

Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15118

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by xjessyx on Wed 04 May 2016, 05:33

@Carlos CARLOS!! I remember you Very Happy lol. Congrats on getting Mod. Yeah, we didn't interact a whole lot. But now's a great time to get to know each other better.

@Admin Hello there Cap'tain Admin xD long time no see. I"m glad I could make your day! It's sad that people don't get as excited for the sims 4 as they did with the sims 3 WhatDidUJustCallMe? but I guess that's really EA's doing.

@Edin Congrats on becoming an administrator!! And I have joined the server, my username is lovegroove90 Smile

xjessyx
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : the sims 2,3,4, minecraft, red dead redemption/undead nightmare, Donkey Kong Country 1&2 (snes), Saints Row 1&2, The Lion King (snes), GTA San Andreas
Female Posts : 162

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 04 May 2016, 23:04

@xjessyx wrote:@Carlos CARLOS!! I remember you Very Happy lol. Congrats on getting Mod.

That was a long time ago already. 

@xjessyx wrote:@Edin Congrats on becoming an administrator!!

But that one was almost an eternity ago. Razz  Indeed, since the last time you stuck around here, many things have changed. And yes, when I joined in late 2012 here, I still remember the excitement and liveliness of the place here, when everybody was eagerly awaiting a new Sims 3 expansion.

These days, things have slowed down considerably. For a start EA appear to have run out of ideas for their Sims franchise, hence the current game is conceived to be rather weak by so many players. Going hand-in-hand with that, another problem was that many veteran simmers who played TS2 & TS3 came up with unrealistic expectations toward TS4. After TS2 which was a quantum leap compared to TS1, and TS3 with its massive amount of content, it probably wasn't realistic to expect much improvement of anything that was to come after TS3. And then again a lot of the forum regulars from back then simply have moved on (in real-life).

I was thinking about the idea of a more regular e-mail newsletter for G4TW, but let's see.

It's really nice to see some people from time to time finding their way back here. And indeed, feel free to join us on the Minecraft server. Very Happy  Keep in mind though that (if my geographical knowledge doesn't fail me now) me, Edin and Admin are living in the Central European Time Zone, which should be 7 hours ahead of where you live, so things might be a bit tricky on that end. Nonetheless I do hope we will somehow make it !

G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Sat 07 May 2016, 19:00

Carlos wrote:

@xjessyx wrote:@Edin Congrats on becoming an administrator!!

But that one was almost an eternity ago. Razz  

Actually, that was yesterday Razz
I had a ehh temporary loss of rank due to "circumstances".

Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15118

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adwomin on Sat 07 May 2016, 19:01

Edin ElDi wrote:(...) temporary loss of rank due to "circumstances".
Forum software bug*

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19210

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Sat 07 May 2016, 19:02

Yes.. I bet that's what it was Wink

Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP